Thread: FINALLY got new cymbals!

User Info Menu

Default FINALLY got new cymbals!

After all these years I finally bought new cymbals. I got a set of Paiste pst5 universals. The set came with 14" hats, 16" medium crash, 20" ride, and an 18" thin crash. This is quite the upgrade from the beat up ZBT's with chunks missing out of them that I've been playing on for years. The cymbals are amazing for the price range and I couldn't be happier. I got them just in time too cause my band is heading to the studio at the end of this month to record 2 more songs. I'm super excited

User Info Menu

Default Re: FINALLY got new cymbals!

Thats really good. I like the pst5's too and I am glad you like them. Good luck for the recordings.
    *TAMA-PEARL-REMO-EVANS-PAISTE- SABIAN-ZILDJIAN-VATER*

YouTube Channel:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/SuperPbizzle?feature=mhw5

User Info Menu

Thanks!

User Info Menu

Congrats, they are great cymbals for the price and I think the better choice in the price range. I almost got the PST5's a year ago, but found a full set of Alphas instead, glad I made the choice. However I now play Paiste Twenty's
    Mapex Saturn Red Sparkle 10, 12, 14, 22
    Mapex Black Panther Steel Snare 14 x 6,

Mapex Armory Photon Blue 10, 12, 14, 16, 22
    Tomahawk 14x5.5 Snare

Meinl 20" Dark Raw Bell Ride, 20" Traditional Extra Thin Hand Hammered Crash, 18" Sand Thin Crash, 14" Byzance Dark Hats

Samsun 22" Design series Ride, 13" Design Series Hats, 16" FX Loop Effects Crash + 12" Raw Earth Splash (stacker)

Tama Speed Cobra (single pedal), Tama Iron Cobra (double pedal)

User Info Menu

It gives me a much better platform to expand on. Over time I'll wind up adding this and trading that and such but for now I'm just glad to have cymbals that sound like cymbals... instead of pie plates