Thread: Another guitar

User Info Menu

Default Another guitar

Sorry, but I couldn't pass up this deal.

Signature here

User Info Menu

Default Re: Another guitar

That's a stunner mate!! Is it old? Love that body shape too. Looks nice and light. How's the action on it?
    Tama Rockstar & Paiste User and Abuser......

User Info Menu

OK Bish, what was the "deal" ??? looks to be in great shape that head looks familar...was this the line that was sold through Sears and the like back in the 60's?
    Enjoy the Music!

HOOKED ON VINTAGE ROGERS

12 tom times 3
    13 tom times 3
    16 floor tom 3
    22 BD times 2
    24 BD 1
    Dyna-sonic snare 1976
    Dyna-sonic snare 1969
    Powertone snare 1969
    24 x 12 Djembe

21" K Hybrid custom ride
    21" Avedis ride
    20" Zildjian 1970 ride
    18" A Custom Zildjian fast crash
    17" A Custom Zildjian med crash
    15" A Custom Zildjian Reso hats
    10" A Custom fast splash
    18" A Custom China
    LP Cowbell baby..always more cowbell

Member of "PHROGGES AQUARIAN ARMY"
    The Zildjian League

Drum Chat's Record for Most Users Online
    BE COUNTED!

User Info Menu

The pots are Tone, Volume and....?
    - poodlesdrum
    Could someone get this George Orwell fellow on the phone, please...!

User Info Menu

I'm guessing one of those knobs controls the second humbucker? Looks really nice, I like the body shape it looks quite playable. Not a fingerprint on it either, except for maybe a little bit on the headstock.
    ZildjianLeague/LP/Aquarian/Mapex/Pearl
    Snares: 4
    RIP- Frank, Wolvie, Les Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Pearl MCX Man View Post
    I wish I was your wife
    Quote Originally Posted by amdrummer View Post
    if double bass is cheating then so is using two sticks

Forum Rules
    DrumBum
    No metronome?
    The Rudiments

User Info Menu

Maybe a pre amp pot, Nice axe Bish! I had a schecther omen(rosewood) really nice action and sound.

User Info Menu

Nice pick up Bish!

I remember when I frist started playing electrics. I thought Deans were the ultimate guitars for me. Then I was messing around in a music store one day -just killing some time while I waited for rush hour traffic to die down - and I picked up a Schecter C-1 Elite. I thought the makers of that guitar had measured my left hand and made a guitar neck just for me. I'm a big fan of Schecter guitars. They give good quality for a decent price.
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by spesman View Post
    That's a stunner mate!! Is it old? Love that body shape too. Looks nice and light. How's the action on it?
    Actually, it's brand new. I just pulled it out of the box and put it on the stand for pictures.

Quote Originally Posted by MartyM View Post
    OK Bish, what was the "deal" ??? looks to be in great shape that head looks familar...was this the line that was sold through Sears and the like back in the 60's?
    It was on sale on line and I also got another 15% off. I had to call in the order for me to capitalize on the additional 15% off.

On top of that the guy keyed in the price wrong. It's a $700 guitar I got on sale for 399. When I got my invoice it was wrung up at 339 and with the additional discount I got it and the mics for 298. So actually the guitar only cost me a little over $200 or I got the mics for free.

This is Schecter sold through many on line retailers. I have a C1+ already so I know Schecter quality and value.

Quote Originally Posted by poodlesdrum View Post
    The pots are Tone, Volume and....?
    First knob is volume for the neck. The second is bridge volume. Furthest from the neck is tone for either pup, depending on the switch position and also coil tap.

Quote Originally Posted by Russ View Post
    I'm guessing one of those knobs controls the second humbucker? Looks really nice, I like the body shape it looks quite playable. Not a fingerprint on it either, except for maybe a little bit on the headstock.
    See above.

Quote Originally Posted by fumbled time View Post
    Maybe a pre amp pot, Nice axe Bish! I had a schecther omen(rosewood) really nice action and sound.
    Yes, I really like Schecters.

Quote Originally Posted by pastor_bob View Post
    Nice pick up Bish!

I remember when I frist started playing electrics. I thought Deans were the ultimate guitars for me. Then I was messing around in a music store one day -just killing some time while I waited for rush hour traffic to die down - and I picked up a Schecter C-1 Elite. I thought the makers of that guitar had measured my left hand and made a guitar neck just for me. I'm a big fan of Schecter guitars. They give good quality for a decent price.
    I agree. They have awesome necks. What you described is how I ended up with my PRS. It fit my hand so perfectly.
    Signature here

User Info Menu

I was able to sit down with the guitar last weekend for about a half hour.

WOWWIE. This thing has super sustain capabilities and plays great right out of the box. I'm thinking of lowering the action just a smidge.

I haven't given it a complete shake down so I can't elaborate on the tonal qualities between the different pups but so far this is a cool guitar to strap on and play.
    Signature here

User Info Menu

Schecter does make some quality stuff....just traded my C-1 hellraiser for a A/E Seagull a few months back....already miss my C-1.

User Info Menu

I suppose it`s nice, but where do you mount the cowbell?

User Info Menu

They make damn nice Guitars ... the coil tapping is a sweet feature. I've been eyeballing a Solo 6 Custom for a while.
    Drums... That's how I roll!

http://facebook.com/davewilson831

The Gretsch Drums Woodshed

User Info Menu

............................ dont you need 2 of those to play drums??

At first I thought you had another home brewed project. Do you have all of them hanging in the drum room on the walls be3cause they do make for nice decoration when not in use. I have an accoustic I bought to hang in mine for decor.
    slot # 1

In support of l e i g h ' s campaign..............DC Record for Most Users Online
    BE COUNTED!
    http://www.drumchat.com/showthread.php/dc-record-most-users-12079p2.html

CHARTER MEMBER OF PHROGGE'S AQUARIAN ARMY

The Zildjian League
    Zildjian Vintage A Team

RIP Frank.............thanks for being part of my journey

User Info Menu

Beautiful Mark! I've never heard of that brand before. I got my son a Baby Taylor for his birthday this year...that thing sounds better than my full size Ibanez! Lol

Nice pick up
    DW - PEARL - PDP - ZILDJIAN - EVANS - VIC FIRTH

Click for Gear Pics!

DW Collector's Series - Blue Glass - 10, 12, 14, 16, 23
    Pearl Session Custom - Green Burst - 8, 10, 12, 14, 16, 22
    PDP CX Maple - Red Glass - 12, 14, 16, 24

Quote Originally Posted by LudwigLifer View Post
    If we had centerfolds for drums,that kit would be in one of them!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RHD03 View Post
    Beautiful Mark! I've never heard of that brand before. I got my son a Baby Taylor for his birthday this year...that thing sounds better than my full size Ibanez! Lol

Nice pick up
    I think it is named for a rock guitarist... Rudolf? Schecter, who payed in one of those heavy bands like UFO or Scorpions. I could be way out. I'm sure someone on here can confirm or correct that.

A baby Taylor? Now that's a pretty high end guitar name. Is that electric or acoustic. I ask because I know that Taylor does make both now. The electrics are crazy expensive from what I've seen.

all the best...

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by kay-gee View Post
    I think it is named for a rock guitarist... Rudolf? Schecter, who payed in one of those heavy bands like UFO or Scorpions. I could be way out. I'm sure someone on here can confirm or correct that.

A baby Taylor? Now that's a pretty high end guitar name. Is that electric or acoustic. I ask because I know that Taylor does make both now. The electrics are crazy expensive from what I've seen.

all the best...
    Very cool, thanks for the insight!

I am a firm believer that you have to walk before you can run. Like when I was still teaching, the first thing I tell all the parents is buy the kids a pair of sticks, a practice pad and a book of rudiments. I know all they want to do is jump on the kit and magically turn into Peart...but that's not how it works lol. So my son wanted to learn how to play guitar, I found him a teacher (not me lol), and I know he wanted an electric but he got an acoustic to start out on. Yes he was a little let down, but I think he understands my reasoning now. And not everyone I've talked to agrees that you HAVE to start out on an acoustic, some start out on electric. But this is the way I wanted to go with it. And it was a pretty good deal, the baby Taylor came with a very nice case too. Around $300? I think.

Click for Gear Pics!

User Info Menu

It's not a bad approach. I think it is good to be a really good rhythm guitarist before trying to be lead "shredder". I know it's hard to relate that to young people. Nobody likes to be second fiddle! LOL

all the best...

User Info Menu

It's not a bad approach. I think it is good to be a really good rhythm guitarist before trying to be lead "shredder". I know it's hard to relate that to young people. Nobody likes to be second fiddle! LOL

all the best...
    LOL, I completely agree.

Click for Gear Pics!

User Info Menu

KG, the Wikipedia website says that Schecter Guitar Research was named for David Schecter, who opened a repair shop in Van Nuys, California in 1976. He made parts for guitars, and eventually began producing high end custom guitars. Down the road, after, the company had changed hands a couple of times, Schecter began producing the Diamond series guitars. They were affordable, non-customizable, and yet they were still a high quality guitar. I have a C-1 Elite, and I am still amazed at the quality. I only wish the neck had a satin finish so my hand would still move smoothly when it was a little sweaty.
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

Very nice! Adam (my son) wants a C-1 Custom that is at our local shop for like $600.
    Jesse

1986 Tama Crestar - Lacquered Piano White
    2016 Roland TD-25K
    2015 Tama Starclassic B/B - Indigo Blue Sparkle

User Info Menu

KG, the Wikipedia website says that Schecter Guitar Research was named for David Schecter, who opened a repair shop in Van Nuys, California in 1976. He made parts for guitars, and eventually began producing high end custom guitars. Down the road, after, the company had changed hands a couple of times, Schecter began producing the Diamond series guitars. They were affordable, non-customizable, and yet they were still a high quality guitar. I have a C-1 Elite, and I am still amazed at the quality. I only wish the neck had a satin finish so my hand would still move smoothly when it was a little sweaty.
    Very interesting, thanks PB!

Click for Gear Pics!

User Info Menu

Wow. I was way off. Thanks PB!

all the best...

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by gonefishin View Post
    ............................ dont you need 2 of those to play drums??

At first I thought you had another home brewed project. Do you have all of them hanging in the drum room on the walls be3cause they do make for nice decoration when not in use. I have an accoustic I bought to hang in mine for decor.
    Actually, I'm in the process of selling the guitars I built over the past 18 months. I am supposed to have someone stop by this weekend to have a look.
    Signature here