Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Music Outfits

User Info Menu

Default Music Outfits

I'm looking to order a Drum Throne, what is your favorite place to order music accessories?
    Ex. Musicians Friend.

User Info Menu

Default Re: Music Outfits

I get all my drum gear from my local shop. Dale's Drum Shop in Harrisburg PA. They will ship too.

User Info Menu

Summer: t-shirt, shorts, no shoes
    Winter: t-shirt, jeans, no shoes

uh, wait........what was the question?

User Info Menu

I order from mainly Musicians Friend and American Musical Supply. I ordered a product from AMS last week and got it the very next day, which was surprising because I don't think they charged me any shipping - if they did, it certainly wasn't an overnight rate.

I used to do a fair amount of business with the Woodwind and the Brasswind, but that was when I was still primarily a trumpet player. These days it seems I'm finding much more work as a drummer.
    Your = possessive - your stuff, your dog, your car, etc
    You're = you are - a contraction.

Learn it. Love it.

User Info Menu

MF and Interstate Music (Casio). I've dealt with both with no problems at all.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rickthedrummer View Post
    MF and Interstate Music (Casio). I've dealt with both with no problems at all.
    Cascio. I'm not sure I've ordered from them but I get their catalogs and they seem to be reasonable in terms of pricing, with the added bonus that they carry products that other suppliers don't.

Learn it. Love it.

User Info Menu

costumes ...?

hey guys drop any more store names and this thread is history

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by itchie View Post
    costumes ...?

Drumbum.....peace
    1997 DW collectors kit
    2010 ddrum dios m series kit
    1966 Ludwig acrolite
    Sabian/zildjian cymbals
    Dw/Tama/Pearl hardware

User Info Menu

outfits?? do you mean what you wear when your gigging?
    Have you got you're ticket for the rock train? You gotta earn that Ticket!!

Premier Genista - Pearl Masters - Primus custom snare - Zildjian A Custom- DW 5000 pedal - Zildjian Zack Starkey sticks

I play lead Drums

User Info Menu

LOL, I mean stores / music shops. Using Musicians Friend as an example.

User Info Menu

ok, i shop online or at my loacal drum shop, Nottingham drum and Guitar.
    Have you got you're ticket for the rock train? You gotta earn that Ticket!!

Premier Genista - Pearl Masters - Primus custom snare - Zildjian A Custom- DW 5000 pedal - Zildjian Zack Starkey sticks

I play lead Drums

User Info Menu

i use Guitar Center, locally and online.
    Musicians Friend also, they are owned by Guitar Center

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by kyle102565 View Post
    i use Guitar Center, locally and online.
    Musicians Friend also, they are owned by Guitar Center
    You can get some great deals on Guitar Center "used" gear

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by longgun View Post
    You can get some great deals on Guitar Center "used" gear
    Yep - I bought my Acrolite used at Guitar Center for $30, and it came with the broken snare stand it was sitting on. I say "broken," but in reality the only thing wrong with it was that the barrel/roller pin came loose from where the basket post was sitting in its well. I popped the pin out, put it back together, lined everything up and popped the pin back in - fixed.

That snare needed some pretty serious TLC, but for $30 it was easy to sink some money into it to get it rolling right again, and it's currently one of my main snares that I use.

I've gotten some other decent used gear deals at Guitar Center, but that one was the best one.

Learn it. Love it.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by itchie View Post
    costumes ...?

Folks, itchie is correct. There's a fine line between offering information and simply giving various retailers free advertising. I think everyone knows the big online retailers, and everyone has their favorites.

The whole reason Drum Chat doesn't allow links to retailers is to prevent this forum from becoming nothing more than an outlet for pushing business to certain retailers. We give Drum Bum some love because they support this forum.
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

I think it would be one thing if we were simply saying, "hey, go get your gear from ____!" I think most of us are relaying positive experiences we've had with the various retailers, and we'd like our fellow drummers to enjoy that same level of high quality service - to me it's not free advertisment for anyone, but rather passing along good experiences by word of mouth.

So where do we draw the line? Does this mean I can't extol the virtures of my Ludwig snare drum because by doing so I'm "dropping a name" and therefore advertising for Ludwig? I play Pearl drums because I like them and I think they are solid, good quality drums - is it advertising for Pearl if I talk about how much I like my kit?

I understand the need for the rules, but without accompanying links, it's just talk and it's left up to the individual to choose for themselves outside of the walls of the forum - where is the line drawn? I'm not asking to be a pain - I seriously want to know.

Learn it. Love it.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pastor_bob View Post
    The whole reason Drum Chat doesn't allow links to retailers is to prevent this forum from becoming nothing more than an outlet for pushing business to certain retailers. We give Drum Bum some love because they support this forum.
    Seems Drum Chat doesn't allow links to anything these days.

User Info Menu

trickg, I simply stated that it is a fine line, as a way to give everyone a heads up on this thread. In the past, the administration has asked that we not get in the habit of dropping names. I understand that to you it is not free advertising, but the administration sees it differently. Obviously, we all mention various manufacturers all the time in regards to our gear, and the administration has no problem with that.

Maybe we just need to understand how hard the administration and the mods work to keep spammers out of this forum. Most of it is done in the background, so that members never see the effort that is made. What we are talking about here is just respecting that certain things will attract spammers, and frankly, we are busy enough already. I wanted to help everyone be aware of the issue, rather than just taking down the thread.
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

User Info Menu

Fair enough!
    1997 DW collectors kit
    1966 Ludwig acrolite
    Sabian/zildjian cymbals
    Dw/Tama/Pearl hardware

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pastor_bob View Post
    I wanted to help everyone be aware of the issue, rather than just taking down the thread.
    PB, your approach to moderation is pretty much spot on. It's a pity some of the other 'mods' don't have the same approach as you.

User Info Menu

I posted in another thread that there is a real easy solution here for people who have issues with the moderation on this board. Simply put, if you need to discuss topics that are off limits here, or feel you need to post links, videos, or whatever else strikes your fancy, find another board and post there too. This isn't the only drummer's forum where I'm a member, although lately it's where I spend the most time. Having said that, I think you'll find a VAST maturity difference difference and difference in post quality between here and a board that has a lax attitude on that kind of thing. There is a reason I'm spending more time here than there.

Learn it. Love it.

User Info Menu

i think this is what this threads about!
    Last edited by Deedubs!; 12-16-2011 at 03:28 PM.
    1997 DW collectors kit
    1966 Ludwig acrolite
    Sabian/zildjian cymbals
    Dw/Tama/Pearl hardware

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Deedubs! View Post

i think this is what this treads about!
    Nice dress......

User Info Menu

I thank you guys for your understanding.

User Info Menu

Well said PB.