Thread: Do I need to swallow my pride?

User Info Menu

Default Do I need to swallow my pride?

Okay,so there is this drummer from the netherlands, and his youtube channel is decently popular (1-3 thousand views on all of his drum cover videos) and we are making a collaboration video together. the final product is going to be awesome, but i'm wondering if it should go on my channel or his. either way, it will be "uploader feat. the other guy" with a link to the channel at the end so should it get a lot of views on his channel and potentially get me some more traffic or should i put it on my channel that gets alot less views. i am doing all the mixing and editing for the video. I just feel like its selfish to put it on mine because it will be better off on his but i'm just so full of pride sometimes :/

I need everybody to kick me in the *** and tell me the right thing to do.

User Info Menu

Default Re: Do I need to swallow my pride?

Quote Originally Posted by Austinkessler View Post
    Okay,so there is this drummer from the netherlands, and his youtube channel is decently popular (1-3 thousand views on all of his drum cover videos) and we are making a collaboration video together. the final product is going to be awesome, but i'm wondering if it should go on my channel or his. either way, it will be "uploader feat. the other guy" with a link to the channel at the end so should it get a lot of views on his channel and potentially get me some more traffic or should i put it on my channel that gets alot less views. i am doing all the mixing and editing for the video. I just feel like its selfish to put it on mine because it will be better off on his but i'm just so full of pride sometimes :/

Why can't you both upload it to your respective channels? It may give you both more traffic that way.
    DW - PEARL - PDP - ZILDJIAN - EVANS - VIC FIRTH

Click for Gear Pics!

DW Collector's Series - Blue Glass - 10, 12, 14, 16, 23
    Pearl Session Custom - Green Burst - 8, 10, 12, 14, 16, 22
    PDP CX Maple - Red Glass - 12, 14, 16, 24

Quote Originally Posted by LudwigLifer View Post
    If we had centerfolds for drums,that kit would be in one of them!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RHD03 View Post
    Why can't you both upload it to your respective channels? It may give you both more traffic that way.
    I thought that at first but I think either youtube wouldn't allow it and I just dont really like the idea of doing that it just seems wierd for some reason

User Info Menu

I thought that at first but I think either youtube wouldn't allow it and I just dont really like the idea of doing that it just seems wierd for some reason
    Why would it be wierd? You would get your subscribers going to check him out, and he would get his going to check you out...ultimately you would both end up with more subscribers to your channel...it sounds like a win win situation to me?

And as far as the pride goes this way neither one of you would have to think about that lol.
    DW - PEARL - PDP - ZILDJIAN - EVANS - VIC FIRTH

Click for Gear Pics!

DW Collector's Series - Blue Glass - 10, 12, 14, 16, 23
    Pearl Session Custom - Green Burst - 8, 10, 12, 14, 16, 22
    PDP CX Maple - Red Glass - 12, 14, 16, 24

Quote Originally Posted by LudwigLifer View Post
    If we had centerfolds for drums,that kit would be in one of them!

User Info Menu

Yeah, just upload to both your channels, and link to each other's channels.
    - Zack

User Info Menu

Actually being sort of a youtuber, my self, you can't upload the same exact video on two different channels, however.......if you add even one effect or word at the end, or anything at all that makes it different, then youtube will upload it, and it can be something minor, like before the video starts, a message or link, or even just a little effect, visual or audio.

If not then i would say upload to the other guys channel, it would get more views, and it would benefit the video, and should still get you some traffic.

Hope this helped

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by imperialstar15 View Post
    Actually being sort of a youtuber, my self, you can't upload the same exact video on two different channels, however.......if you add even one effect or word at the end, or anything at all that makes it different, then youtube will upload it, and it can be something minor, like before the video starts, a message or link, or even just a little effect, visual or audio.

If not then i would say upload to the other guys channel, it would get more views, and it would benefit the video, and should still get you some traffic.

Hope this helped
    yeah I knew that, you can just add a few seconds to the video to make it different but I do it on final cut pro so id have to edit the project and re- render it to do it. in other words, a royal pain in the ***. it'll probably just go on his. how should i politely ask him to lightly promote me? the term promote used loosely.. but It would be generous if he tossed in a "be sure to subscribe to this guitarist" in the description but i dont want to blatantly ask him to say that!

User Info Menu

yeah I knew that, you can just add a few seconds to the video to make it different but I do it on final cut pro so id have to edit the project and re- render it to do it. in other words, a royal pain in the ***. it'll probably just go on his. how should i politely ask him to lightly promote me? the term promote used loosely.. but It would be generous if he tossed in a "be sure to subscribe to this guitarist" in the description but i dont want to blatantly ask him to say that!
    I dont think he'll mind at all.....I mean you are a major contributor to the video right? If you are i think you deserve the credit, your letting him put it up on his channel, so he should give you what you deserve.......
    Happy Drumming!

IS15

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by imperialstar15 View Post
    I dont think he'll mind at all.....I mean you are a major contributor to the video right? If you are i think you deserve the credit, your letting him put it up on his channel, so he should give you what you deserve.......
    true that...sometimes i'm just too concerned about how I rub off on people

User Info Menu

both, your both in it.
    Have you got you're ticket for the rock train? You gotta earn that Ticket!!

Premier Genista - Pearl Masters - Primus custom snare - Zildjian A Custom- DW 5000 pedal - Zildjian Zack Starkey sticks

I play lead Drums

User Info Menu

I have posted the same video on two different channels before. Youtube never did anything to them. And when people make a collab, if both of the users have a Youtube Channel, they put it on both channels.

Good luck! You post the finished video when you're done!
    I have an insane admiration and respect for the craft that is drumming and I have a never-ending desire to be the best i can possibly be. I dont play drums or practice because I have to, I play because I can't help it. ~ Cobus Potgieter ~

User Info Menu

and don't forget to post it here so we can all have a look.
    Current Set-Up - Gretsch Catalina Club Jazz, Paiste Signature

Damaru - The drum of Shiva.

Hows my drumming? http://soundcloud.com/bilton-grange

Say Hi - http://www.facebook.com/biltongrangemusic

User Info Menu

Definately put it on both channels. Two channels are better than one.
    Ludwig Classic Maple vintage 1980 Silver Sparkle
    Ludwig Classic Maple vintage 1960 Gold Sparkle
    Ludwig Classic Maple vintage 1968 Champagne Sparkle
    Premier Resonators vintage 70's Polychromatic Red
    Slingerland 60's Vintage. Vintage Sky Blue Pearl
    Slingerland 1972 "Avante" Red
    Camco Chanute vintage. 1973 Silver Sparkle
    Gretsch Catalina Jazz. Blue Pearl
    Sonor Safari. Black Galaxy
    Rogers Londoner V vintage. 1977 Silver Mist
    Rogers Script Badge 9/72 1972 Black Nitro
    Beverley of England 4 piece vintage. Red
    Stewart 1966 Black Diamond Pearl MIJ
    Vintage Paiste 2002
    Vintage Avedis Zildjian

User Info Menu

what did you do? is it on you tube yet?
    Have you got you're ticket for the rock train? You gotta earn that Ticket!!

Premier Genista - Pearl Masters - Primus custom snare - Zildjian A Custom- DW 5000 pedal - Zildjian Zack Starkey sticks

I play lead Drums

User Info Menu

I can post it, but i'm the guitarist. the other guy is the drummer. i'm actually editing it right now.

User Info Menu

is it live now? Can we see?
    Cheers

Lionheart

User Info Menu

Why don't you both upload it, you probably get more views too. You could also create a "Band Channel" on Youtube.

User Info Menu

I'm not going to say why I believe what I believe regarding pride but I will say that often "swallowing" ones pride will be beneficial and you will get great returns from your decision to be humble. I do like what imperialstar15 has suggested also. Put in a little extra work and upload it twice. Being humble and/or doing extra work can produce great results. Any yes, be sure to put it on here also.
    TAMA- '2018 Star Walnut, ‘99 Starclassic Performer, '89 Granstar, ‘93 Rockstar
    Gretsch- 1963 Round Badge
    Zildjian
    Remo
    Vic Firth
    Speed Cobra Double Pedal Blackout Edition
    Speed Cobra Hi Hat
    Hardware- TAMA Roadpro
    Snare Drums- various TAMA, Gretsch, Ludwig, Leedy
    Mic's- Sennheiser, Shure, AKG

User Info Menu

woops i forgot to put it on... haha here it is ! it went on his channel. In case i didnt mention it before, i'm actually the guitar player, NOT the drummer

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eHvRKfE4UoI"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eHvRKfE4UoI[/ame]

User Info Menu

woops i forgot to put it on... haha here it is ! it went on his channel. In case i didnt mention it before, i'm actually the guitar player, NOT the drummer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eHvRKfE4UoI
    Nice work.
    TAMA- '2018 Star Walnut, ‘99 Starclassic Performer, '89 Granstar, ‘93 Rockstar
    Gretsch- 1963 Round Badge
    Zildjian
    Remo
    Vic Firth
    Speed Cobra Double Pedal Blackout Edition
    Speed Cobra Hi Hat
    Hardware- TAMA Roadpro
    Snare Drums- various TAMA, Gretsch, Ludwig, Leedy
    Mic's- Sennheiser, Shure, AKG