Thread: Dw 5002

User Info Menu

Default Dw 5002

Well, I got them home from best buy last night. 85 Dollars. I love them so much more than my eliminators.

Im going back tomorrow to get an 18 inch A custom projection crash for 54 dollars.

User Info Menu

Default Re: Dw 5002

Interesting, even though the link to the 9000 series hat stand is gone, I still have it in my cart because I was checking out pickup options, so I could still buy it for $99.
    Your = possessive - your stuff, your dog, your car, etc
    You're = you are - a contraction.

Learn it. Love it.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Xoferif09 View Post
    Well, I got them home from best buy last night. 85 Dollars. I love them so much more than my eliminators.

Im going back tomorrow to get an 18 inch A custom projection crash for 54 dollars.
    How so cheap? Are they used? I'm guessing so cause the beaters look worn in that pic. I didn't think they carried used stuff though.
    Drummer for Almondy Brown and Redeemer Church of Lakeland | Session Artist | Private Instructor
    Facebook.com/PerryEarlDrums
    Instagram.com/PerryEarlDrums
    Twitter.com/PerryEarlDrums
    AlmondyBrown.com

User Info Menu

nah, they were brand new. mostly. they had accidently set them up an hour or so before i bought them.
    ive got more of a story when i get to a computer, its too much to type on my phone.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by trickg View Post
    Interesting, even though the link to the 9000 series hat stand is gone, I still have it in my cart because I was checking out pickup options, so I could still buy it for $99.
    They won't ship so I think unless you can find a store that has it, and get there yourself, you might be out of luck. I could be wrong though.
    1997 DW collectors kit
    2010 ddrum dios m series kit
    1966 Ludwig acrolite
    Sabian/zildjian cymbals
    Dw/Tama/Pearl hardware

User Info Menu

I think they had some stuff mis-marked. I took advantage of the deal too, only I don't have to pick mine up - mine will ship. Brand new - $80.
    Your = possessive - your stuff, your dog, your car, etc
    You're = you are - a contraction.

Learn it. Love it.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by trickg View Post
    I think they had some stuff mis-marked. I took advantage of the deal too, only I don't have to pick mine up - mine will ship. Brand new - $80.
    Nice score!!
    1997 DW collectors kit
    1966 Ludwig acrolite
    Sabian/zildjian cymbals
    Dw/Tama/Pearl hardware

User Info Menu

I bought the same pedals, shipped for $80 like trickg. Best gear deal I've ever found!

User Info Menu

I'm cruising fleabay and cl right now hoping that some people will be posting these pedals that they bought on discount.
    Looks like you got a nice grab!!
    “The beautiful thing about learning is that nobody can take it away from you.”
    -B.B. King

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by areFish View Post
    I bought the same pedals, shipped for $80 like trickg. Best gear deal I've ever found!
    I feel sick that I didn't get in on this deal!
    1997 DW collectors kit
    1966 Ludwig acrolite
    Sabian/zildjian cymbals
    Dw/Tama/Pearl hardware

User Info Menu

So, I had went into the store and went to pick up my pedals. At first the lady couldn't find them ( she had no idea what she was looking for ). So, after a while she comes back with a box. Immediately I went, that's a single, I bought a double. She said oh. She called the guy back from the music dept. and he came and helped me. Mine accidentally put on display,that is why the beaters were black. Well, I went back there a got them. It took about 5 minutes to figure out how to put them back in the case. But,I was like oh well...Im only paying 85 dollars.

Then I asked him about one of the crashes I had saw on sale. He looked it up. They had 2 for 54 dollars. We went and found it, a I tried it and said I want it. We get up to the register, it rang up for 169...I was like...uhh...He goes...thats odd..it says our regular price is 129 (online). So we rang up a couple more, and they were all coming up much higher than the sale price. After talking to a manager, he said its a mistake somewhere. If they are still listed in a day or so at 54 dollars, come up here and we will price match. I'm pretty sure I am going to go get one. Lol

User Info Menu

Gosh dangit I'm upset I didn't jump on this!
    Kits:
    -C&C Player Date 13/16/22
    -65' Ludwig Super Classic 13/16/22

Snares:
    -DW Nickel Over Brass 6.5x14 snare
    -Ludwig Black Galaxy Acrolite 5x14 snare
    -Ludwig 65' Super Classic 5x14 snare
    -Ludwig 64' Pioneer 5x14 snare
    -PDP Classic Wood hoop 6x14 snare

Rides:
    -Zildjian 22" Constantinople
    -Zildjian 22" Kerope
    -Zildjian 20" Constantinople
    Hats:
    -17" A Medium crash over K custom dark crash

-DW 9000 pedals

User Info Menu

i ordered on online, backordered. i will just wait intil they ship it.

i read on another forum that they will not be seling DW products after the 1st and that is why they are blowing them out.
    DW Collectors
    Vintage Superstars
    Roland TD-20
    Misc. Snares
    My Web Site

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rmandelbaum View Post

i read on another forum that they will not be seling DW products after the 1st and that is why they are blowing them out.
    That would explain the hardware, but not the 60 dollar Zildjian cymbals.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rmandelbaum View Post

I read that too. But I have to wonder why the 5000 double was 79.99 while the 5000 single was 180 or something like that. Didn't seem to make sense.

User Info Menu

Awesome pedals, You should get years of enjoyment out of those!
    DW - PEARL - PDP - ZILDJIAN - EVANS - VIC FIRTH

Click for Gear Pics!

DW Collector's Series - Blue Glass - 10, 12, 14, 16, 23
    Pearl Session Custom - Green Burst - 8, 10, 12, 14, 16, 22
    PDP CX Maple - Red Glass - 12, 14, 16, 24

Quote Originally Posted by LudwigLifer View Post
    If we had centerfolds for drums,that kit would be in one of them!

User Info Menu

So, I had went into the store and went to pick up my pedals. At first the lady couldn't find them ( she had no idea what she was looking for ). So, after a while she comes back with a box. Immediately I went, that's a single, I bought a double. She said oh. She called the guy back from the music dept. and he came and helped me. Mine accidentally put on display,that is why the beaters were black. Well, I went back there a got them. It took about 5 minutes to figure out how to put them back in the case. But,I was like oh well...Im only paying 85 dollars.

Then I asked him about one of the crashes I had saw on sale. He looked it up. They had 2 for 54 dollars. We went and found it, a I tried it and said I want it. We get up to the register, it rang up for 169...I was like...uhh...He goes...thats odd..it says our regular price is 129 (online). So we rang up a couple more, and they were all coming up much higher than the sale price. After talking to a manager, he said its a mistake somewhere. If they are still listed in a day or so at 54 dollars, come up here and we will price match. I'm pretty sure I am going to go get one. Lol
    Itll work out fine. i just had the same issue at best buy with an 18" efx crash and it was ringing up for $179 but it was really on sale for $99. just talk to them for a bit and youll be fine

User Info Menu

Oh yeah, nice score for the DW5002 double pedal. You've got a double chain model, mine's a single chain, earlier version.

You should get a lot of mileage out of that one. I've had mine since probably 1993, 1994. Maybe only had to have it serviced at the drum shop once or twice for minor squeaks and rattles over the years and that's it. I've also two single DW 5000 pedals that have lasted me nearly 20 years.
    "...it's the Paradigm Of The Cosmos!" Stewart Copeland on Youtube

668: The Number Of The Guy Next Door To The Beast.

"A random act of kindness; it keeps my heart in shape!" - Late8

User Info Menu

Beast. Look great. Wish I woulda jumped on it too.

User Info Menu

That is a ridiculous bargain! I'm jelly.

User Info Menu

Nice man! Those are some solid pedals.

Quote Originally Posted by Deedubs! View Post
    I feel sick that I didn't get in on this deal!
    I ordered 3 pairs of the 5002's Now, whether I get them or not is a different story. When I was checking out they were instock, before I got finished they were backordered. I've seen Best Buy come back wit that crappy "sorry we no longer stock the product you ordered, your order has been canceled" message before. Dude at my local music shop said he'd trade me Speed Cobras for one of those along with $10 Either way, I'm happy. I don't them, oh well no loss. I get them, I made about $500 on top of my Speed Cobras.
    Dw | Zildjian | Pro-Mark | Evans

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ciz View Post
    I get them, I made about $500 on top of my Speed Cobras.
    Nice! And here I am looking at paying $429 for the 5002's.