Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Christmas plans/gift predictions?

User Info Menu

Default Re: Christmas plans/gift predictions?

We're just spending it by ourselves this year except for visits from local friends maybe. Were having a ham and some meat pies. Pumpkin rolls and some buckeyes. As far as Santa is concerned. I have to replace one of my 16" Paragon crashes. Like a dummy, I thought I would use some of the 2B sticks I have collected. Unfortunately, there is quite a difference between 5A's and 2B's. And I laid into them a little to hard and put a 1/4" crack in the edge. BooHoo. Oh well, live and learn. I can sell the other one. People buy cracked cymbals all the time.
    Custom Classic Pro Maple 6
    8",10",12",13" Mounted Toms
    (2)14",16" Floor Toms
    22" x 18" Kick
    6",8",10" Roto Toms
    14" x 6.5" Mapex Black Panther Snare
    13" x 3" Pearl Piccolo Snare
    Sabian: 13" Paragon Hats
    14" HH X Hats
    22" Paragon Ride
    (2) 16" Paragon Crashes
    20" Paragon Crash
    18" Paragon Crash
    20" Paragon Small Flange China
    19" Paragon China
    Wuhan:20"with gingles
    8",10" Splash
    Roc N Soc Lunar
    DW 8002B Pedals
    Tambourine
    Cowbell
    Sabian Squad

C C Militia

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Redneck View Post
    I had something happen in my life recently that was very inspiring. When Im on an actual computer instead of my mobile Ill relate the story.
    http://www.drumchat.com/showthread.p....html?p=446825

User Info Menu

ON Christmas Eve Day, picking up the kids from the EX's, Presents then Church. I wish I could keep my little one over night but this year she is with the EX. Then Christmas day who knows.
    -Gretsch Catalina Maple
    -Sabian Xs20 14in Hi-Hat
    -Sabian Xs20 14in Medium Thin Crash
    -Sabian Xs20 16in Medium Thin Crash
    -Sabian Xs20 18in Medium Thin Crash
    -Sabian AAX Omni 22in Ride
    -Sabian AAX V-Crash 16in
    -DW 3000 Hardware
    -Pearl Powershifter Eliminator Double Pedal

~Sabian Squad~

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Kazaamski View Post
    Well... Tomorrow I'm fixin latkes. Then friday I am fixin more latkes. Then sunday I'm headin to my g-ma's for a midday christmas dinner. Then to my Aunt's B-friends house for an evening christmas supper. I might be Jewish, but I do any holiday with a meal
    Latkes? They're those potato cakes, right? Sounds lush.

Anyway, we've the usual Christmas family lunch at my folk's place....be a lotta turkey, ham, chicken, veggies, cranberry sauce, apple sauce, blah blah on the lunch table. Mind you, we put a lil' twist on it too....the chicken's a spicy chicken curry, there'd probably be a bit of rice pulao (rice cooked in a chicken or beef stock broth, spices such as cinnamon stick whole peppers and cardomum - some get taken out later, bits of meat and peas, with almond slivers and sultanas added in the end)....if the folks' Armenian friends Levon and Hasmig are going to be there, then they'll probably bring this dumpling soup called mantapour or something else....then there's definitely gonna be some sweets that are a mix of East and West.....Christmas pudding, kulfi's with pistachios, Kashmiri falooda drinks, hopefully Hasmig's made kadaif - a kind of doughy sweet filled with chopped walnut and cream all soaked in this sugary syrup. Jeez, if I can move after all that, my German mates are then having their Christmas celebrations......they've got the tree up and outside, of course a lotta food, cakes, drinks etc going around, plus their doing their Bavarian schuhplattling dance (yep, these guys don the whole get up....lederhosen, white shirts, hats......the girls with their dirndl dresses). Great way to spend Christmas.

And then a bunch of us are going camping in the southwest for a week or so after Boxing Day.
    "...it's the Paradigm Of The Cosmos!" Stewart Copeland on Youtube

668: The Number Of The Guy Next Door To The Beast.

"A random act of kindness; it keeps my heart in shape!" - Late8