Thread: Free Floater Identification

doctor dirt Guest

Default Free Floater Identification

Looking to purchase a Pearl Free Floating Brass Shell drum. The ID # 857129 when I look for general info on the Pearl site it takes me everywhere but where I need to be.
    Is there a Pearl Guru on here who can drop a link my way or have some info on this drum? I appreciate any help, Doc

User Info Menu

Default Re: Free Floater Identification

Welcome to Drum Chat doctor dirt!

I have a couple of Pearl Free Floating snares (14X3 with maple and brass shells, and 14X5 with a maple shell). I can't say that I've ever seen anything about the Free Floating snares listed by ID number on Pearl's site. Have you tried contacting them - either by phone, or email - with your ID number. They might be able to give you some information that way.
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

Default Re: Free Floater Identification

Docdirt,
    Where did you find this serial number? Is it posted with the snare for sale and you're trying to authenticate it? I don't recall any other manufacturer of free floaters although I could be wrong....
    SONOR 6 pc Special Edition 3007's red maple, old Pearl Brass 14x6 FF snare, Yamaha Tour Custom maple 8 pc., Tama 4 pc., honey amber B/B, Ludwig Supralite chrome 14x6.5 steel snare, Paiste, Saluda & Zildjian
    Loaned out Slingerland upgraded 4 pc 1963 black, wrapped maple + 14" Pearl birch FT
    The Almighty Speed King pedal, Speed Cobra, Sonor Single

http://www.screaminmelinas.com
    http://www.facebook.com/DerailedRockers/