Thread: I got new pedals..again.

User Info Menu

Default I got new pedals..again.

Well, before tonight I had a pearl eliminator and a dw 5002. Now I have a mapex raptor.

With the pearl, it was light and I could do doubles on it, but I couldn't get the power with the feel I wanted out of it. It was a great pedal and I could fly on it, but something wasn't right.

The DW on the other hand, was very hard hitting, but I found I couldn't do doubles. I couldn't go as fast, but I felt like I was hitting with twice the power.

Tonight at GC I tried out a mapex raptor, and was blown away. Super smooth and super light. Its like it is an extension of my foot. I know I am not the best double bass player by far, and the pedal doesn't absolutely make the player better, but this pedal certainly lets me do a few things I haven't been able to do since I had my old Iron Cobra. It feels like an extension of my foot. I don't think I regret getting this. If it holds up, I can see it lasting me a long time.

I did take a little bit of a loss on the pedals tonight, but with what this pedal has already let me do, I think it was worth it. Im not butt hurt over it.

User Info Menu

Default Re: I got new pedals..again.

Good score. I've never had extensive time on any pedal other than my IC. But I do like the Raptor. On the short time I tapped on it it felt nice.

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by marko138 View Post
    Good score. I've never had extensive time on any pedal other than my IC. But I do like the Raptor. On the short time I tapped on it it felt nice.
    To me they feel better than IC's. But that's just me.

The only thing I can see bad out this pedal is, is supports for the shaft. Some people suspect it will lead to premature bearing wear. But, I can't find more than 2 examples of that, so it doesn't look like to be a big deal.

I love direct drive now, its going to be hard to switch back. My feet have been searching for this forever.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Xoferif09 View Post
    To me they feel better than IC's. But that's just me.

The only thing I can see bad out this pedal is, is supports for the shaft. Some people suspect it will lead to premature bearing wear. But, I can't find more than 2 examples of that, so it doesn't look like to be a big deal.

I love direct drive now, its going to be hard to switch back. My feet have been searching for this forever.
    I've never had any extensive time on anything other than my Iron Cobras and some cheap Gibraltars I use for my practice kit. Which make my IC's feel like gold! Ha.

User Info Menu

Good score. I really liked the single when I tried it.
    Mmm... Saturns.

User Info Menu

Direct drive is where its at. So smooth,like buttah!

User Info Menu

Congrats on the new pedal Xoferif09! I have never tried out a direct drive pedal (I guess I'm worried it might start up a new round of GAS), so anything you can tell us as you settle into the pedals would be great.
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

Congrats, X. Cool to find YOUR gear.
    Signature here

User Info Menu

Those look really nice!! Lov the beaters.

User Info Menu

congrad on the new pedal
    sometime it take more trial but the result it you find what you were looking for and that great

have fun now

R.i.P. FRANK YOU WILL BE REMEMBER AS A GENTLEMAN

how to attach an image http://www.drumchat.com/showthread.p...ures-7721.html

FRENCHY

User Info Menu

Congrats on the score. Those are really nice looking pedals.
    Kit: Pacific LX 8-Ply - Maple shells in deep blue lacquer * DDrum 13 X 6.5" Golf Ball Snare
    Cymbals: 21" AAX Raw Bell Dry Ride * 20" Paragon Crash * Zildjian 20" Custom Ozone Crash * 18" XS20 Medium Thin Crash * 14" AAX-Celerator Hi-Hats * 10" AAX Splash
    Misc: Vater 2-4-5-1 Hickory Sticks * DW 7000 Pedal * Evans Heads * SP Cymbal Stands * PDP 900 Hi-Hat and Snare Stand * Gibralter Throne

User Info Menu

Congrats on the new pedals!

I use the Mapex double Falcons and am really happy with them (it?).

I would like to try the direct drive attachments for the Falcons, though. I was a big fan of my old Speed Kings back in the '80s when I played two bass drums. I suspect the Falcons with direct drive would be similar.

Congrats, again!

Rich
    DW drums and Paiste cymbals.

User Info Menu

Well, I got to jam out a little today on them, and I can say I love them. I have the spring tension set to the absolute low, and there is still plenty of rebound. I also removed the beater weights. A very light pedal, but still has enough resistance to let you know something is there.

I feel like I am going to love this pedal. Its just going to take some getting used to.

User Info Menu

Oh man! I nearly got that pedal, but walked out of the shop with some new Pearl eliminators instead.. Such a great pedal! I spent a solid half hour comparing the two. I know you'll enjoy them.
    Sonor - Pearl - Tama - Mapex - Paiste - Sabian - Roc N Soc - Pro Mark - Gibralter - Evans - Dixon - Mapex

User Info Menu

Nice looking gear there Xoferif09.

I am sure you will give them a great work out.