Thread: Should I go for it?

User Info Menu

Default Should I go for it?

I saw a pair of Sabian HH 13" hats on CL for 100 bucks. I always wanted a pair of them, but I don't know if its a good deal. They are kind of dirty, but I don't mind (most of the cymbals I have already are dirty)

Let me know what you think, I might go over there soon, even though it's money I should not be spending.. :P

Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by DrumRookie; 02-11-2012 at 01:21 PM.
    -DrumRookie

-Gear-
    Birch Tama Starclassic 22", 14", 12", 10" - 14"x5" Black Panther Steel Snare - Iron Cobra Hi-Hat Stand - Zildjian 20" A Vintage ride - Sabian HH 16" Crash - Sabian AAX 18" Studio Crash - Agazarian 10" Splash - Sabian XS20 14" Medium Hats - ProMark Shira Kashi Oak 5A - Various sticks & percussion - CP Bongos

User Info Menu

Default Re: Should I go for it?

Quote Originally Posted by DrumRookie View Post
    I saw a pair of Sabian HH 13" hats on CG for 100 bucks. I always wanted a pair of them, but I don't know if its a good deal. They are kind of dirty, but I don't mind (most of the cymbals I have already are dirty)

Let me know what you think, I might go over there soon, even though it's money I should not be spending.. :P

Thanks in advance!
    Hi Hats can be tricky to buy. If you are ok with what you have I'd keep the money and find something you can hear first. It took me going through 4-5 sets before I found the ones I liked.
    8pc Tama Superstar Classic Maple
    Sabian and Zildjian Cymbals

User Info Menu

Does CG mean Craigs List? They go for over $300.00 brand new. I have a pair of 14" Regulars as secondary closed hats which were my primary's before I got my 13" Paragons. Very loud with good stick definition. I like them and I'm sure the 13's are about the same. I'd go for it.
    Custom Classic Pro Maple 6
    8",10",12",13" Mounted Toms
    (2)14",16" Floor Toms
    22" x 18" Kick
    6",8",10" Roto Toms
    14" x 6.5" Mapex Black Panther Snare
    13" x 3" Pearl Piccolo Snare
    Sabian: 13" Paragon Hats
    14" HH X Hats
    22" Paragon Ride
    (2) 16" Paragon Crashes
    20" Paragon Crash
    18" Paragon Crash
    20" Paragon Small Flange China
    19" Paragon China
    Wuhan:20"with gingles
    8",10" Splash
    Roc N Soc Lunar
    DW 8002B Pedals
    Tambourine
    Cowbell
    Sabian Squad

C C Militia

User Info Menu

For $100, I'd buy 'em if they're in good condition. Maybe talk the guy down a few $$$ in the process, but that's a steal. Bang on them for awhile and see if they fit your taste, and if not put them back up for sale for what you paid and recoup your money.

User Info Menu

Ah sorry, I meant CL (craigslist), my bad

I forgot to mention that they are HH Fusion hats.
    I talked him down 20 bucks to 100, it was at 120.
    Dirty, with the logos worn away a bit, and look they've been used a lot. No cracks or holes.
    Last edited by DrumRookie; 02-11-2012 at 01:38 PM.
    -DrumRookie

-Gear-
    Birch Tama Starclassic 22", 14", 12", 10" - 14"x5" Black Panther Steel Snare - Iron Cobra Hi-Hat Stand - Zildjian 20" A Vintage ride - Sabian HH 16" Crash - Sabian AAX 18" Studio Crash - Agazarian 10" Splash - Sabian XS20 14" Medium Hats - ProMark Shira Kashi Oak 5A - Various sticks & percussion - CP Bongos

User Info Menu

For 100 bucks I think so...as long as you like them and they check out.

User Info Menu

I love sabians 13" fusion hats (aa,aax,hh)! I think they all have the extra heavy hh bottom hat no matter what the model, so yours will be more true to the model than the aa and aax. I have the aax model, and currently I've been using a 13" quick beat as my top hat (it now sounds pretty much like the aa fusions now), and when I need some volume I have the aax top hat to switch out with. Funny thing is, I've actually been looking for a 13" hh top hat so I can have the full spectrum that the 13" fusions offer. Love the hats! Snag them!
    1997 DW collectors kit
    2010 ddrum dios m series kit
    1966 Ludwig acrolite
    Sabian/zildjian cymbals
    Dw/Tama/Pearl hardware

User Info Menu

Cool deal, if they are still available and I sort out this mess I have.
    Looooooong story short, I got ripped off by GC and got the wrong mixer which was an old USB 1.1 mixer that was really dirty and had paint on it, and won't be getting the USB 2.0 version I was promised in the first place.
    I'm returning it tomorrow to get my money back, and once I get my money I'll look around for a new interface and all, I'll see how much cash I have left to get the hats.

Well hopefully they are still there next week :(

Thanks for the help guys, if I can I definitely will be getting these hats!
    -DrumRookie

-Gear-

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn76 View Post
    It took me going through 4-5 sets before I found the ones I liked.
    Lucky you. I'm still looking.
    Signature here

User Info Menu

Absolutely. Those kind of deals don't come around often.
    DRUMS
    Fibes Clear Crystalite, 22"/16"/12"
    SNARES
    Pork Pie Piglite Amber Acrylic, 13x7"
    Mapex Black Panther Hand Hammered Steel, 14x6"
    CYMBALS
    Sabian AAX-celerator 15" Hi-hats
    Sabian AA 17" Medium Thin Crash
    Sabian AA 18" Rock Crash
    Sabian AAX 21" Raw Bell Dry Ride
    MISC
    DW5000 Single Pedal
    Assorted Hardware
    Remo/Aquarian Heads

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bish View Post
    Lucky you. I'm still looking.
    Yeah I know,I think GC got sick of me trading hats every couple of days and then ended up finding a pair at a smaller shop somewhere else.That was before I stopped playing,when I went back to playing last year,I already knew what hats and cymbals I wanted and got them,now it's just experimenting with effects cymbals for me.Really wanting a bigger Ozone cymbal.
    8pc Tama Superstar Classic Maple
    Sabian and Zildjian Cymbals

User Info Menu

I think the HH cymbals are worth the $$$$$ cause they are hand hammered which is equavilant to the Zildjian K's.Go for it if that is what you want.

User Info Menu

Uh yeah.. If those are good condition and not damaged goods it's a blessing in disguise. They only retail for a whopping $380 and all!
    ZildjianLeague/LP/Aquarian/Mapex/Pearl
    Snares: 4
    RIP- Frank, Wolvie, Les Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Pearl MCX Man View Post
    I wish I was your wife
    Quote Originally Posted by amdrummer View Post
    if double bass is cheating then so is using two sticks

Forum Rules
    DrumBum
    No metronome?
    The Rudiments

User Info Menu

Well, I was going to call him up today and see if I should get them. But when I went to look for the posting he deleted it, indicating it was sold.

*sigh* well I had tried not to get my hopes up too much. I need to start prioritizing, as I have other things that I have to take care of.
    I'm going to plan on getting some carpet to put under my drums (priority),
    Bass drum head is another priority, sounds like crap right now.
    New snare the FS one I have right now is too ringy and loud. I'm looking at Pork Pie..
    Hat upgrade soon, and I could keep going on and on :P

But a good amount of this stuff is going to be intermittently bought. I really need to focus on mics and room acoustics and such at the moment. And a better computer to house a nice DAW.

Well enough G.A.S. venting for now
    -DrumRookie

-Gear-

User Info Menu

Well, I saw a pair of 13" Zildjian New Beats on CL for $135, but I think I can work him down to $100 or $90.
    And I also saw a pair of 14" Zildjian New Beats used at GC for $90 (shipping cost will add extra).

But I REALLY shouldn't be buying any new drums stuff now.
    It's ok though if I can get at least around 90% of the money back from selling my XS20 hats.

So what do you think?
    -DrumRookie

-Gear-

User Info Menu

I would, those are my favorite sounding hats ever. And at that price it'd be a slam dunk for me, but everyone has a different ear. Let it tell you what sound you like and what you don't. You might be into something else, but I don't think you could be unhappy with them in any way.
    ZildjianLeague/LP/Aquarian/Mapex/Pearl
    Snares: 4
    RIP- Frank, Wolvie, Les Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Pearl MCX Man View Post
    I wish I was your wife
    Quote Originally Posted by amdrummer View Post
    if double bass is cheating then so is using two sticks

Forum Rules
    DrumBum
    No metronome?
    The Rudiments