Thread: yamaha stage custom v yamaha tour custom

drums-rock Guest

Exclamation yamaha stage custom v yamaha tour custom

Hey im really stuck between these to kits i can afford 1 of them but i dont know which one the tour is dearer so it might be better but i duno :S please help Thanks guys

User Info Menu

DR, I read on your other thread that you were going to the local music store today, so I hope that you had a chance to hear these two sets. The Stage Custom shell is a blend of woods, while the Tour Custom shell is 100% maple. I'm sure there will be a difference in sound between the two. That's where I would make my choice, assuming that the cost is not a factor.
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

drums-rock Guest

I couldnt manage to get in the shop today ill be in to cehck out the kits tomorrow or tuesday

User Info Menu

the stage is the higher end model i believe

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by drums-rock View Post
    I couldnt manage to get in the shop today ill be in to cehck out the kits tomorrow or tuesday
    Funny how life seems to get in the way sometimes! I guess when that happens we just have to hang loose and go with the flow.
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by michiganice View Post
    the stage is the higher end model i believe
    other way around. stage custom is birch/basswood. the tour custom is all maple, same shells as maple custom but with stage custom hardware specs.
    its kinda like pearls new maple export, uses session shells but with export hardware specs.

drums-rock Guest

Hey i was in the music shop today and had a little hot on the stage custom and the tour custom im going back again for a proper try on them but just now i think ill be going with the tour custom as the stage is really deep and quite a difference in the tom sizes
    Last edited by drums-rock; 07-10-2007 at 01:33 PM.