Thread: KILLER sale at guitar center

User Info Menu

Default KILLER sale at guitar center

I heard an ad for Guitar Center on the radio...

buy a Zildjian cymbal pack for $229 and get a Pacific Drums (PDP) drum set (by DW)... FREE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's an awesome deal for anyone looking for a starter kit!!! You can't go wrong....
    Regal Tip Quantum 3000 nylon tip - my weapons of mass destruction

User Info Menu

holy crap...that's amazing...wish i had 230 bucks lyin around...that would make a good set for me to teach begginers on too

User Info Menu

Hey, if this is the truth, I am going to go and buy them today or tomorrow. I willl let you guys know what happens. Thanks Metal!!!!!
    Romans 8:28

And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love Him, who have been called according to His purpose.

User Info Menu

I believe this is the low end PDP set. Shell kit only.
    Rock Till Ya Drop

User Info Menu

Default KILLER sale at guitar center

Sounds good, but I'd want to see the drums before layin' my money down...DW is a good brand, but if they're givin' away the set with the purchase of the cymbal pack, I want to see just how good they really are...

Keep the beat goin'!

User Info Menu

Well guys....I went to Guitar Center and BOUGHT THEM!!!!! I also got the PDP Double Pedal to go with. The kit is the wine color and I am going to use it for practice. Hey, you cant go wrong with them, I have not played them yet, just put them together. But I will say that the Guitar Center in Charlotte was good to go. The Manager of the Drum Dept. was great and helped me out GREATLY!!!

So fo a practice set that isn't going to go anywhere, I think for the deal, you cannot go wrong!!!

Check them out.

Later Yall.

And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love Him, who have been called according to His purpose.

User Info Menu

my drum teacher says guitar center is stupid cause it says GUITAR center and we have a local drum shop near town so he always go there to support a local shop and its just drums so yeah and he just doesnt like big companies he says its good to support local things.... on the otherhand i like guitar center but by the time i got there today it was closed :( ... guess it doesnt matter i dont have $230
    |M|o|u|n|t|a|i|n| |D|e|w| My Anti-Drug

User Info Menu

I'm glad it worked for you, Drummer4Him!! Let us know how they sound. What line of cymbals were in the pack?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by METAL DRUMMER
    I'm glad it worked for you, Drummer4Him!! Let us know how they sound. What line of cymbals were in the pack?
    Well here it goes...They are alright, nothing to write home to Mom about...but.... I will say that once I hooked up the BD a little and put my mutes on the heads, it wss well worth the money for a quiet practice kit.

The cymbals it came with were the Zil ZBT's. They are alright if you are just going to mess around, but they are nothing to play out with. My old Z's sound better...LOL!!!!

But thank you Metal for the heads up with this. I love this board!! We have AWESOME members here!!!!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BlinkPlusAngels
    my drum teacher says guitar center is stupid cause it says GUITAR center and we have a local drum shop near town so he always go there to support a local shop and its just drums so yeah and he just doesnt like big companies he says its good to support local things.... on the otherhand i like guitar center but by the time i got there today it was closed :( ... guess it doesnt matter i dont have $230

I've always been told that too but my local shop is way way over priced...I'll support my local shop when they support my wallet..

User Info Menu

My local shop will match any price from anywhere, so they get ALL of my business. (kinda helps that I jam with the owner on occasion too ).

I wish more businesses had the "customer first" menatality. It's better for the consumers and keeps big businesses from driving them out.

Loyalty is what it's all about.....
    Da' Bum
    Rockin' the beat for fadedblue
    Keepin' time for Andy Harrison & the AOP
    http://www.facebook.com/fadedbluemusic
    DW Performance 5 pc. in White Marine Pearl
    1972 Pearl Deluxe Custom 5 pc. in blue sparkle
    KAT KT-3
    Paiste cymbals
    Gibraltar hardware
    Axis pedals
    Vic Firth sticks
    Evans heads

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 1DrumBum
    My local shop will match any price from anywhere, so they get ALL of my business. (kinda helps that I jam with the owner on occasion too ).

I wish more businesses had the "customer first" menatality. It's better for the consumers and keeps big businesses from driving them out.

Loyalty is what it's all about.....

I agree with you, but the only problem is that the manufacturers are also to blame. They are going to get the kick back from DW, and thats why they can give them away, because they will get it back in the long run.

User Info Menu

Congrats on your new find!
    Rock Till Ya Drop

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dave
    Congrats on your new find!
    Thanks Bro.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Drummer4Him
    Well guys....I went to Guitar Center and BOUGHT THEM!!!!! I also got the PDP Double Pedal to go with. The kit is the wine color and I am going to use it for practice. Hey, you cant go wrong with them, I have not played them yet, just put them together. But I will say that the Guitar Center in Charlotte was good to go. The Manager of the Drum Dept. was great and helped me out GREATLY!!!

So fo a practice set that isn't going to go anywhere, I think for the deal, you cannot go wrong!!!

Check them out.

Later Yall.
    wow if your guitar center is that cool i would come all the way over there to buy something amazing at a big sale. my guitar center pretty much sucks. i'm happy you found something though. good stuff!
    *happy thoughts*

User Info Menu

metal drummer do you work for guitar center?

User Info Menu

no. Just heard it on the radio.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BlinkPlusAngels
    I love Guitar Center and Musicians Friend. My oldest boy can go in there and sit down on a $5k drum kit and play for an hour while I'm getting guitar strings or whatever. Mean while his little brother is over with a $3k LP plugged in to a Marshall stack and all the sales staff ever says is, "let me know if I can help you".

This marketing technique works too. We've spent over 10 grand in there the last couple of years getting our kids set up with gear.

We've also used both Guitarmagedden and the Drum Off as motivational tools for our boys. It's unfortunate that they've uped the age requirement on both contests, but we've gotton a lot of mileage out of prior ones.

All this and great prices too.

Mom & pop shops have their place, I don't just mean music stores, but I'm not going to boycot McDonalds just to save the local coffe shop.