Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: Show Us Your Guitars!!!!!

User Info Menu

Default Re: Show Us Your Guitars!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Texdrumr View Post
    Wow! 125??? Smokin deal.
    yeah, that was a mistake on his part. LOL.

User Info Menu

Cruised around a couple of guitar boards. Couldn't find a single "Show Us Your Drums" thread.

User Info Menu

I sold my Epiphone flying V last week and used the money for this amp and cab. It's a Hughes & Kettner Grandmeister 36 and a Mesa Boogie 1X12 Thiele front ported compact cab. It's a great portable setup but deceivingly loud with great bass response.

DW Performance Series
    Peavey Radial Pro RBS-1
    Roland TDW-20

Gibraltar rack system
    Sabian AA/AAX/HHX/Vault
    Tama pedals

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by inthpktplayer View Post
    Cruised around a couple of guitar boards. Couldn't find a single "Show Us Your Drums" thread.
    They should!!!!!!!!! their loss

Quote Originally Posted by Digital View Post
    I sold my Epiphone flying V last week and used the money for this amp and cab. It's a Hughes & Kettner Grandmeister 36 and a Mesa Boogie 1X12 Thiele front ported compact cab. It's a great portable setup but deceivingly loud with great bass response.

Gorgeous little amp...........are you still liking it?

User Info Menu

Resurrecting this thread from the grave. My new bass guitar. Ibanez Artcore, hollow body, short scale.

image.jpg

image.jpg

User Info Menu

That is sweet. I don't think I've ever seen one before. My brother just picked up a used Yamaha Motion B bass last week. He wanted a shorter scale and less weight. I bet it weighs 1/4 of what his '74 Rick weighs, LOL.
    -Brian

"Too many crappy used drum stuff to list"

Play the SONG......not the DRUMS!!!

"I think that feeling is a lot more important than technique. It's all very well doing a triple paradiddle - but who's going to know you've done it? If you play technically you sound like everybody else. It's being original that counts." ~ John Bonham

User Info Menu

Picked this one up at a pawn shop for $150

20171206_154327.jpg

20171206_154342.jpg

20171206_181219.jpg
    Six Piece Mapex Saturn V, Five Piece DW Performance Series, NOS Slingerland Snares, Centent Ardor and Emperor Cymbals

User Info Menu

Hope to post a pic of my 1st guitar soon. 51 sounds like a good age to start learning guitar : )
    Ludwig Classic Maple 22x16,10x8,12x9,16x16
    7" Moon Gel Practice Pad
    Sabian HHX Legacy

Decide whether this is love for the craft or simply an ego thing

http://www.redskymary.com/ NOT MY BAND, JUST A GREAT LOCAL BAND WHO SHOULD BE SOOO MUCH BIGGER IMO

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MDK View Post
    Hope to post a pic of my 1st guitar soon. 51 sounds like a good age to start learning guitar : )
    Cool! 44 was a good age to pick up drums (for me), don't see why 51 wouldn't be good for guitar. Have fun.
    Gretsch USA Custom 22x18, 12x9, 13x10, 14x14, 16x16, 14x5.5 Rosewood Zildjian 14" New Beats, Zildjian 20" A Medium Ride, Sabian 18" Paragon Crash, Zildjian 16" Medium Thin Crash Tama Iron Cobra Single Pedal

Pearl Masters Studio Birch (MBX) 22x16, 10x10, 12x10, 13x11, 16x16, 14x6.5 in White Mist. Zildjian A Custom Hats, Sabian 22 AA with Rivets, Stagg 20" Ghengis Ride, Dream Contact Crashes 16" & 17" Pearl P2002B Double Bass Pedal

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DrumWhipper View Post
    Picked this one up at a pawn shop for $150

20171206_154327.jpg

20171206_154342.jpg

20171206_181219.jpg
    $150? Yeah.....you basically stole it. Especially if the pickups all work and it plays good. You could probably triple your money.
    -Brian

"I think that feeling is a lot more important than technique. It's all very well doing a triple paradiddle - but who's going to know you've done it? If you play technically you sound like everybody else. It's being original that counts." ~ John Bonham

User Info Menu

Well took longer than I thought but after much hemming and hawing between bass or guitar I eventually decided to go with guitar and just Found this gorgeous hardly played Peavey SC2 with a soft case, strap and a nice Orange amp for $180.00. I have lessons set up 2 weeks from now with local guitar hero. I know absolutely squat about guitar so this should be interesting. I hope to learn chords so I can help settled arguments between the 2 guitar players in my band...LOL
    20180708_200738.jpg
    20180708_200746.jpg
    20180708_194603.jpg
    20180708_194618.jpg
    Last edited by MDK; 07-08-2018 at 07:19 PM.
    7" Moon Gel Practice Pad
    Sabian HHX Legacy

http://www.redskymary.com/ NOT MY BAND, JUST A GREAT LOCAL BAND WHO SHOULD BE SOOO MUCH BIGGER IMO

User Info Menu

That’s a nice lookin’ guitar. You’ll like being able to play.

Learning basic guitar was one of the best things I ever did. It made me a better drummer and band member. I understand chord and song structure better, and being able to actually sing and play music by myself gave me a new appreciation for it. I can’t settle any arguments between our guitar players, BUT, I can instantly tell when they screw up and I can take a constructive part in learning new songs for the band. Those times at practice when you sit idle at your kit, waiting for the guitarists to figure out what that “mystery chord” chord is are much more entertaining, LOL.
    -Brian

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by N2Bluz View Post
    That’s a nice lookin’ guitar. You’ll like being able to play.

Learning basic guitar was one of the best things I ever did. It made me a better drummer and band member. I understand chord and song structure better, and being able to actually sing and play music by myself gave me a new appreciation for it. I can’t settle any arguments between our guitar players, BUT, I can instantly tell when they screw up and I can take a constructive part in learning new songs for the band. Those times at practice when you sit idle at your kit, waiting for the guitarists to figure out what that “mystery chord” chord is are much more entertaining, LOL.
    LOL, that sitting idle comment rings sooo true. I am looking forward to it. Do you know of any good guitar forums like this one?
    7" Moon Gel Practice Pad
    Sabian HHX Legacy

User Info Menu

LOL, that sitting idle comment rings sooo true. I am looking forward to it. Do you know of any good guitar forums like this one?
    http://www.guitarforums.com/

My younger son has been playing guitar for 9 months and I joined the forum above to get up to speed on questions, etc. and it has been a nice place. Plenty of knowledgeable people who are happy to help with gear questions, so it feels a lot like this place. By the way, just upgraded my son from a 3/4 scale squire strat to a PRS SE 24 Standard in cherry red. I will try to post pics of it on here.
    Gretsch USA Custom 22x18, 12x9, 13x10, 14x14, 16x16, 14x5.5 Rosewood Zildjian 14" New Beats, Zildjian 20" A Medium Ride, Sabian 18" Paragon Crash, Zildjian 16" Medium Thin Crash Tama Iron Cobra Single Pedal

Pearl Masters Studio Birch (MBX) 22x16, 10x10, 12x10, 13x11, 16x16, 14x6.5 in White Mist. Zildjian A Custom Hats, Sabian 22 AA with Rivets, Stagg 20" Ghengis Ride, Dream Contact Crashes 16" & 17" Pearl P2002B Double Bass Pedal

User Info Menu

image.jpg

My newest bass. G & L Kiloton. I'm now the primary bassist at church. Still playing drums in my country band too. It's a lot to juggle but soooo much fun.

User Info Menu

IMG_0535.jpg

Here is my IMG_0535.jpgson's PRS SE 24 Standard