Thread: upgrade

User Info Menu

Lightbulb upgrade

hey people. i have been playing for around 4-5 years now, and i think it is time to upgrade my kit. i play a basic ashton kit. my cymbles kind of make my kit look boring ( zildjian ZBT series 18 inch crash, stagg hand made 20 inch ride, 14 inch sabian B8 hi hats etc) so i was wondering were would be the best place to upgrade my kit. with a budget of around £500 (cheapest, best) :drumset -3:
    Last edited by Ashes-Of-Roses; 03-21-2012 at 04:25 AM. Reason: adding info

User Info Menu

Default Re: upgrade

Welcome to drumchat Ashes! There are a number of places to look at and a number of ways to buy new gear if you're looking to upgrade. If possible, the first choice is to go to a local shop to get your gear because of the advantage of giving most of the gear they carry a decent test drive before you buy it.
    ZildjianLeague/LP/Aquarian/Mapex/Pearl
    Snares: 4
    RIP- Frank, Wolvie, Les Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Pearl MCX Man View Post
    I wish I was your wife
    Quote Originally Posted by amdrummer View Post
    if double bass is cheating then so is using two sticks

Forum Rules
    DrumBum
    No metronome?
    The Rudiments

User Info Menu

again welcome to DC,Me personally,i would look on craigs,try to stay with a birch or maple kit,Starclassics on craigs go for 6-8 bills,get good drum heads,and maybe a good go to crash,zildjian A series,i dont know what your budget is but what i just described could be around $800-$1000 good luck and keep us informed how you made out

User Info Menu

Welcome to Drum Chat Ashes-to-Roses!

If you're working on a budget - and most of us are - given your thoughts on your cymbals, I would start there. I would check out as many cymbals as I could to figure out what sound you like with the music you like to play. Then I would get the best set of cymbals I could afford - either getting them new, or finding good used cymbals (I got my cymbals used, and one at a time. It took me over a year, but it was worth the time to me). With good cymbals, you will be amazed at how much better your whole kit will sound.
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

Welcome the DC world Ashes-Of -roses. We could help out more if we had a budget guideline, eh? Would that include cymbals as well? You have the hardware already, right? If you go used, there are a lot of good package deals out there due mostly because of the bad economy. People need to unload their toys sometimes. I would look on E-Bay. Craigslist doesn't have all the buyer protection policies in place, such as they are. Good luck.
    Custom Classic Pro Maple 6
    8",10",12",13" Mounted Toms
    (2)14",16" Floor Toms
    22" x 18" Kick
    6",8",10" Roto Toms
    14" x 6.5" Mapex Black Panther Snare
    13" x 3" Pearl Piccolo Snare
    Sabian: 13" Paragon Hats
    14" HH X Hats
    22" Paragon Ride
    (2) 16" Paragon Crashes
    20" Paragon Crash