Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hello,my name is Emily

User Info Menu

Default Hello,my name is Emily

Here is my new drum video. Hope you like it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lA4oXobMGLA

User Info Menu

Default Re: Hello,my name is Emily

Well, well, well.

Welcome to Drum Chat.

Good job for being 8 years old.

WOW!!!!!!
    Signature here

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by kinsjon View Post
    Here is my new drum video. Hope you like it.

Glad you made it here Emily ! We already know you from YouTube and Facebook ... A lot of us will be voting for you in the "Hit Like A Girl" drum contest starting tomorrow. (public voting starts 2-15-12).
    I think you'll like it here at Drum Chat... We're looking forward to watching your drumming progress.
    Welcome and best of luck in the contest!
    Last edited by davewilson; 02-14-2012 at 06:09 PM.
    Drums... That's how I roll!

http://facebook.com/davewilson831

The Gretsch Drums Woodshed

User Info Menu

you got the groove !!!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by itchie View Post
    you got the groove !!!
    Definitely.
    "I consider every drummer that ever played before me an influence, in every way." (Buddy Rich)

"How do you keep 90 people together with one stick? I've got two sticks and i can't keep 5 people together." (Ian Paice)

User Info Menu

Welcome to DC Emily! I watched your video on YouTube a couple days ago.

All I can say is WOW, very good drumming!
    "it is what it is"

"Dont rent anything you cant afford to burn in the backyard while drunk." - ThePloughman

User Info Menu

Welcome to Drum Chat Emily! Exceptional job, and good luck to you. By the way, you've got the drummer face down, too.
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

welcome to drumchat emilie
    great job on the cover
    good luck on the contest

R.i.P. FRANK YOU WILL BE REMEMBER AS A GENTLEMAN

how to attach an image http://www.drumchat.com/showthread.p...ures-7721.html

FRENCHY

User Info Menu

Your focus, determination and sense of rhythm is truly admirable. The kit sounded great, and you really nailed this cover. One of my favorite bands too, so I quite enjoyed watching it. Try to relax a little bit, you seem a little stiff. Keep up the great work Emily.
    ZildjianLeague/LP/Aquarian/Mapex/Pearl
    Snares: 4
    RIP- Frank, Wolvie, Les Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Pearl MCX Man View Post
    I wish I was your wife
    Quote Originally Posted by amdrummer View Post
    if double bass is cheating then so is using two sticks

Forum Rules
    DrumBum
    No metronome?
    The Rudiments

User Info Menu

Emily you rock. You got my vote.

User Info Menu

Emily,

Fantastic job! Your timing, poise and confidence is fantastic we are going to be hearing a lot about you as you grow up. I'm a new fan!
    Joe

User Info Menu

Holy Moly. You drum better'n me. I been at it 40+ years! I think it's time for me to give up.

all the best...

User Info Menu

Emily .....awesome....keep it up

User Info Menu

Great job Emily. Very nicely done. I love the sign by your drums "Girls Rock". My little daughters beat the skins just like you and they say that "Girls Rule. Boys Drool." Your playing will definitely makes the boys drool. :o) I wish the best for you. You've got my vote too!
    PDP MX Series Drums, Zildjian A Custom cymbals, Tama Simon Phillips Gladiator Signature snare, Roc-N-Soc throne.

User Info Menu

Wow!! Thanks to you all. It's awesome comments like yours which helps us develop that wonderful self esteem and confidence in Emily. Yes, she does get a tad stiff, especially when it's time to film, but a lot of that is just focus on her part too.

Thanks again, we really appreciate your kindness and support.

Dad

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by kinsjon View Post
    Wow!! Thanks to you all. It's awesome comments like yours which helps us develop that wonderful self esteem and confidence in Emily. Yes, she does get a tad stiff, especially when it's time to film, but a lot of that is just focus on her part too.

Thanks again, we really appreciate your kindness and support.

Dad
    We commend you for allowing her to enjoy this talent.

Good for you guys.
    Signature here

User Info Menu

Thats it. I quit.

doctor dirt Guest

Good job kiddo! You play parts well and your discipline has merit too. I hope you stick with it and grow into an established musician some day. Remember to learn all types of music so that your capable of playing in any venue. Rock to Blues to Jazz and everything in between this way your not one dementional in your approach to playing and all kinds of musicians will want to work with you. I like your playing specific parts also listen for places to use "dynamics" thats when a drum or the whole kit gets louder or softer. Dynamics set a mood and emphisize a feeling, plus you need to practice playing softly. If you play the same volumn all the time you won't develop "touch" thats how you hold your drum sticks and how much force you use hitting the drums. That goes hand n hand with dynamics!! Ok thats your Doctor Dirt lesson for today, hrey Dad look into that 12 or 13 snare so her comfort zone is better between her right knee and left one. see ya Emily!

Doc

User Info Menu

Just watched 3 of your videos. I may have to quit playing.

User Info Menu

To Emilys dad: You're doing a great job with her. I teach a number of girl students and one or two of them are around Emily's age. I'll definitely will have to show them the videos you have put up to inspire them, not that they are doing a bad job for their age, but Emily definitely 'has it' when it comes to drums. Hopefully she'll still be drumming for many years to come!
    "...it's the Paradigm Of The Cosmos!" Stewart Copeland on Youtube

668: The Number Of The Guy Next Door To The Beast.

"A random act of kindness; it keeps my heart in shape!" - Late8

User Info Menu

Hello Emily's dad,

You're daughter has amazing talent and will go far!.

I also like the personality she displayed when the stick flew out of her hand! :-)

Talent and personality both...WOW!
    Take care and seeya!

Jim

User Info Menu

Well done. Is she sight reading or taking visual cues from someone/something? It looks like she is focused on something as she plays or is it just being focused?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by davewilson View Post

Glad you made it here Emily ! We already know you from YouTube and Facebook ... A lot of us will be voting for you in the "Hit Like A Girl" drum contest starting tomorrow. (public voting starts 2-15-12).
    I think you'll like it here at Drum Chat... We're looking forward to watching your drumming progress.
    Welcome and best of luck in the contest!
    Thanks Dave for all your support and comments, appreciate this!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by inthpktplayer View Post
    Well done. Is she sight reading or taking visual cues from someone/something? It looks like she is focused on something as she plays or is it just being focused?
    Thank you for watching. Yes, Emily is reading the drum score in traditional notation.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by doctor dirt View Post
    Good job kiddo! You play parts well and your discipline has merit too. I hope you stick with it and grow into an established musician some day. Remember to learn all types of music so that your capable of playing in any venue. Rock to Blues to Jazz and everything in between this way your not one dementional in your approach to playing and all kinds of musicians will want to work with you. I like your playing specific parts also listen for places to use "dynamics" thats when a drum or the whole kit gets louder or softer. Dynamics set a mood and emphisize a feeling, plus you need to practice playing softly. If you play the same volumn all the time you won't develop "touch" thats how you hold your drum sticks and how much force you use hitting the drums. That goes hand n hand with dynamics!! Ok thats your Doctor Dirt lesson for today, hrey Dad look into that 12 or 13 snare so her comfort zone is better between her right knee and left one. see ya Emily!

Doc

Thanks Doc. She's already on a 13" snare and yes she does rub against it at times. A lot is just her size. She is still about 2 to 3 inches from being flat footed on the kick, but her kicks are getting much better even though she toes it. We've been working on dynamics you touched on. My biggest concern right now is her grip. She plays thumbs up and I can't seem to get her to change. We've done 5 and 7 stroke rolls and ready to move to 9, but I want to wait until I can get the grip changed. Any tips?

Thanks again to you all.