Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Birch Toms + Pinstripes = ROCK!

User Info Menu

Default Re: Birch Toms + Pinstripes = ROCK!

Thanks for the report Shane. I'm currently using Aquarian Performance II heads on my Imperialstars, which are Poplar shells. I really like them but you've convinced me to try Pinstripes on my next round of heads.

User Info Menu

is it just me

any kit + pinstripes = rock

User Info Menu

Here's a video of a very "tom heavy" song. I must admit that I think they sound a bit better in person than on this vid, but they are still good here:

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by itchie View Post
    is it just me

any kit + pinstripes = rock
    Yeah, that sounds like a good mathematical equation to me, Itch.

"...it's the Paradigm Of The Cosmos!" Stewart Copeland on Youtube

668: The Number Of The Guy Next Door To The Beast.

"A random act of kindness; it keeps my heart in shape!" - Late8

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ShaneRoney View Post
    I would love to hear the results of that test.
    They've only been on a few days, and while I'll admit that I like them better now than I did the day I put them on, I don't really care for the sound. They are just too dead. I much prefer the heads and sizes of my normal set up.

I guess for jamming by myself the low thumpy dead sound is ok but I like the coated G2 heads on 10 and 14 toms.

But I'll also say that it's a tough comparison b/c I don't like the G2 on the 12/16 set up either. Now, my Swingstar 12/16 is a different story. I like the EC2 on those, just not on my Starclassics.

User Info Menu

Great job on the cover! Very relaxed
    How did you get the song without the drum recording?
    This question has had me going for years. How do all these kats cover tunes with songs minus drums?
    DW, Zildjian, Vic Firth, Remo
    http://www.reverbnation.com/jonpnorris

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jazzkat View Post
    Great job on the cover! Very relaxed
    How did you get the song without the drum recording?
    This question has had me going for years. How do all these kats cover tunes with songs minus drums?
    You load the files from all Rock Band and Guitar Hero games into Audacity (free audio editor) and the individual instruments will show up as tracks you can then mute. I didn't do this myself, but downloaded a large number of them from elsewhere. Check out my video thread here:

http://www.drumchat.com/showthread.p...ers-22839.html

I've got quite a few covers posted to youtube. (My channel is in my signature)

User Info Menu

just to chime in on the ec2 thing.... i've owned both the clear and coated versions and i found the coated to actually be MORE resonant than the clear... which is the opposite from what i would have thought. Has anyone else had that same experience and come to the same conclusion? or am i crazy? lol

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by truckerdrummer View Post
    just to chime in on the ec2 thing.... i've owned both the clear and coated versions and i found the coated to actually be MORE resonant than the clear... which is the opposite from what i would have thought. Has anyone else had that same experience and come to the same conclusion? or am i crazy? lol
    I'd say that's my experience, too.

I believe clear heads will give more attack than coated.