Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cases........

User Info Menu

Default Re: Cases........

hardcase, cost me about £200, bass, floor, tom, i got a free one with my snare.
    Have you got you're ticket for the rock train? You gotta earn that Ticket!!

Premier Genista - Pearl Masters - Primus custom snare - Zildjian A Custom- DW 5000 pedal - Zildjian Zack Starkey sticks

I play lead Drums

User Info Menu

Been happy with Protection Racket soft. Not a big fan of hard cases.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by PerryGoRound View Post
    A friend once told me that you know someone is a REAL musician, when the only cases they have, are court cases.
    Funny.

User Info Menu

Hodge podge of soft Gator, Protection Racket and a few old Anvil cases:

User Info Menu

I'm using kind of a hodgepodge right now too. I have SKB cases for my 14x6 snare (when I use a shorter snare I have a piece of thick foam I put in the bottom) and my 10, 12 and 14 inch toms, but my 16x14 tom goes in a Roadrunner soft bag, my bass drum goes in a Kaces soft bag, and my hardware goes in a Protection Racket hardware bag. I also have Kaces soft cases for the snares and 10, 12 and 14 inch toms and it just depends on the gig for which ones I decide to use.
    Your = possessive - your stuff, your dog, your car, etc
    You're = you are - a contraction.

Learn it. Love it.

User Info Menu

I have Humes and Berg fibre cases for all my drums, 12,13,14,15,16,22,24, and large rolling hardware case I have had for 33 years. Toured all over with them and my drums look brand new. I also have Gator Protector bags in 10,12,13,14,16,20 and Protection racket bags in 14 and 22. 1 24" Humes and Berg bag and a 22" Pulse cymbal bag. I use my bags a lot now and a small vintage H&B rolling trap case because I am doing mostly local gigs and can get my whole set in one trip with my dolly and i can zip all the bags up in my bass bag. I occasionally use my hard cases with my vintage kits when I know the stage is large and I can stack them backstage.
    Ludwig Classic Maple vintage 1980 Silver Sparkle
    Ludwig Classic Maple vintage 1960 Gold Sparkle
    Ludwig Classic Maple vintage 1968 Champagne Sparkle
    Premier Resonators vintage 70's Polychromatic Red
    Slingerland 60's Vintage. Vintage Sky Blue Pearl
    Slingerland 1972 "Avante" Red
    Camco Chanute vintage. 1973 Silver Sparkle
    Gretsch Catalina Jazz. Blue Pearl
    Sonor Safari. Black Galaxy
    Rogers Londoner V vintage. 1977 Silver Mist
    Rogers Script Badge 9/72 1972 Black Nitro
    Beverley of England 4 piece vintage. Red
    Stewart 1966 Black Diamond Pearl MIJ
    Vintage Paiste 2002
    Vintage Avedis Zildjian

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by late8 View Post
    Hodge podge of soft Gator, Protection Racket and a few old Anvil cases:

thats way too much stuff to move around ... you could fill a truck with that set .. i'll bet your back is pretty sore after a night out with that kit.
    Tamaholic

User Info Menu

I'm using the Stagg Professional Series soft-cases. They're the best I've found so far. For hard cases, you can't go wrong with SKB or Humes & Berg. Though I'd like to try the new-er Stagg Hard-cases, they look promising.

For the record, I usually hate Stagg. Any hardware that I've ever owned from them was complete crap, and I've owned alot of their crap sadly, still using some of it for my overhead mics, but I love these cases.
    Dw | Zildjian | Pro-Mark | Evans

User Info Menu

My 4 piece Vintage Ludwig's, Hardware, & Cymbals, packed up and ready to go.
    Ludwig Classic Maple vintage 1980 Silver Sparkle
    Ludwig Classic Maple vintage 1960 Gold Sparkle
    Ludwig Classic Maple vintage 1968 Champagne Sparkle
    Premier Resonators vintage 70's Polychromatic Red
    Slingerland 60's Vintage. Vintage Sky Blue Pearl
    Slingerland 1972 "Avante" Red
    Camco Chanute vintage. 1973 Silver Sparkle
    Gretsch Catalina Jazz. Blue Pearl
    Sonor Safari. Black Galaxy
    Rogers Londoner V vintage. 1977 Silver Mist
    Rogers Script Badge 9/72 1972 Black Nitro
    Beverley of England 4 piece vintage. Red
    Stewart 1966 Black Diamond Pearl MIJ
    Vintage Paiste 2002
    Vintage Avedis Zildjian

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by atomcorr2 View Post
    thats way too much stuff to move around ... you could fill a truck with that set .. i'll bet your back is pretty sore after a night out with that kit.
    I doubt if that's his gig kit - that's probably just everything he has in cases. I have a bunch more cases and bags than I have drums, but even still, my gig setup, a 5 piece kit plus hardware, plus an extra snare, plus the electronics I bring, is a pretty full load.
    Your = possessive - your stuff, your dog, your car, etc
    You're = you are - a contraction.

Learn it. Love it.

User Info Menu

No way...this doesn't go out with me. The only time I dragged out a kit this big was when DamageDrummer used my ECX double bass kit, twice and yes my back was sore.

For gigs, the biggest kit has been a 5pc but with six speaker cabinets and my PA gear

User Info Menu

SKB soft cases, Gator hardware bag and Gator hard shell cymbal case. I also still have an old trap case that I replaced the wheels on. I'm gigging for the first time in over 30 years next month, so I'll know then if I made wise choices.

Acoustic Kits:
    Ludwig Maple 3ply White Cortex 4 pc
    Rukus Mod Orange Club 4 pc
    DW Design 6 pc
    Tama Silverstar Limited Edition Mirage 5 pc
    Tama Superstar 5 pc
    Tama Rockstar 4 pc
    Gretsch Catalina Ash 4 pc

Slingerland 7 pc

Electronic Kits:
    Yamaha DTX532k
    Roland TD-27, Roland PD-85 (x4), PD-125, KD9, CY-8 (x2) VH-10, Lemon 15 and 18 cymbals
    Roland SPD-SX Sample Pad

Snares:
    Tama SLP Black Brass
    Tama SLP G Maple
    Rukus Santos/Bubinga/Poplar/Wenge
    Rukus Avodire/Maple/Mahogany
    1972 Ludwig Supraphonic

Hardware:
    Tama, DW, Yamaha and Sonor

Cymbals:
    Zildjian A Series, A Custom and K Custom

Microphones:
    Miktek, Audix and Shure

User Info Menu

wow Rich,thats a lots of stuff in that truck. have you ever thought about a trailer ?
    Tamaholic

User Info Menu

wow Rich,thats a lots of stuff in that truck. have you ever thought about a trailer ?
    Yup but I can't back 'em up worth beans. I can't seem to get my brain to go the opposite direction the trailer tongue has to turn while I'm backing up. I panicked once backing up an 18 wheeler and have not managed to handle anything trailing since.

User Info Menu

rich, i learned backing up a boat , only use your side mirrors, and put your hand at 6 o clock on the steering wheel , then from the 6 o clock position just turn the wheel whatever way you want the trailer to go . it works very well, and easy .
    Tamaholic

User Info Menu

rich, i learned backing up a boat , only use your side mirrors, and put your hand at 6 o clock on the steering wheel , then from the 6 o clock position just turn the wheel whatever way you want the trailer to go . it works very well, and easy .
    I see, 6 o'clock? Thanks! Makes sense now.

User Info Menu

The longer the trailer the easier it is to back up.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Redneck View Post
    The longer the trailer the easier it is to back up.
    Amen.
    Dw | Zildjian | Pro-Mark | Evans

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by late8 View Post
    Yup but I can't back 'em up worth beans. I can't seem to get my brain to go the opposite direction the trailer tongue has to turn while I'm backing up. I panicked once backing up an 18 wheeler and have not managed to handle anything trailing since.
    I have a 6x12 that is so easy to tow I forget it's back there. It holds a ton of PA (literally) and my drums with room to spare for drink cooler, fans, guitar stack, etc.

I have a larger 8.5x20 trailer also. As you might imagine, I do not use it as often, because it is not as easy to maneuver / park. I have a picture of that one http://inconcepts.biz/~jsw/img/11202...h_suburban.jpg
    DWPS 7pc

User Info Menu

I have over sixty cases, most of mine (80%) are Humes and Berg and I love their products.

-Mike

"We don't stop playing because we grow old.
    We grow old because we stop playing."

"I wish that my playing reminded people of Steve Gadd. But they seem to confuse me with his little known cousin... E."

"Snare drums happen."