Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Stuck Between 3 Kits!

User Info Menu

Default Re: Stuck Between 3 Kits!

There is nothing bad about any of the kits, I chose Mapex because after researching it just came down to the best bang for the buck, Mapex was the clear winner. As long as you stay with the major drum manufactures and in the intermediate class their all good.
    Mapex Saturn, Cherry Sparkle, 6 piece Studioese

Black Panther Cherry/Maple

Sabian AA cymbals

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 05WideGuy View Post
    There is nothing bad about any of the kits, I chose Mapex because after researching it just came down to the best bang for the buck, Mapex was the clear winner. As long as you stay with the major drum manufactures and in the intermediate class their all good.
    Very true. Ill admit Im biased against Mapex. My first exsposure was terrible, and you know what they say about first impressions.

User Info Menu

Every company has their good, and their bad. In my experience, a name is not to blame so much as the product itself - whether it's well made and what it offers. This can change depending on budget, i've had several bad experiences with brands I will keep nameless. I don't believe the sets I used from them are necessarily reflections on how they make all their other stuff though.
    ZildjianLeague/LP/Aquarian/Mapex/Pearl
    Snares: 4
    RIP- Frank, Wolvie, Les Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Pearl MCX Man View Post
    I wish I was your wife
    Quote Originally Posted by amdrummer View Post
    if double bass is cheating then so is using two sticks

Forum Rules
    DrumBum
    No metronome?
    The Rudiments

User Info Menu

I still think Pearl is the best deal. I have nothing against Mapex cause before buying my MCX I was looking into getting a Mapex Pro M but because I could not get a Mapex in my area I opt to the Pearl Master Customs instead. If this kit did not come with the hardware for the price then I would say it is pretty equal to the other 2 but with hardware doe'snt sound to good to me. Good luck.