Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Moderators

User Info Menu

Default Moderators

In an effort to streamline, we've cut back on the number of mods in the forum. As of this date, Drummer and Pastor Bob are the only moderators. If you have questions, please PM them. If you can't get in touch with them, you can PM me and I'll assist in any way that I can.

This change does not reflect dissatisfaction with past moderators.

Current Moderators:
    drummer
    pastor_bob

Past Moderators:
    2slow
    bongobro
    russ
    bish
    drumchick

We wish to thank all of the moderators that have volunteered their service in the past number of years.
    - Admin

We are proud to present one of the net's largest drum forums. Please click the following link if you need assistance with our Drum Chat forum. | Drum Chat is brought to you by Drum Bum, Inc. featuring Cool Gifts for Drummers & all Musicians & Custom Drumsticks

User Info Menu

Default Re: Moderators

Had a phone meeting with su_admin this morning. This change was coming regardless and doesn't have anything to do with the recent rule change. They just wanted to streamline management of the forum. There were some mods that don't get in here much anymore and we didn't feel the need was there for more than a couple. With the exception of a few, everyone pretty much plays by the rules in here and we don't govern as heavy-handed as we used to.

I too would like to thank those that have helped us more recently. Most especially Bish and Russ! Thank you guys!

User Info Menu

I was in the middle of trying to fix the dead links in the classic rock video thread, and saw this thread(I guess I can't finish that now). Have I done or said something wrong? Or not enough? I want to continue to help, but can't now. Fun while it lasted I suppose.
    Last edited by Russ; 05-09-2012 at 11:42 AM.
    ZildjianLeague/LP/Aquarian/Mapex/Pearl
    Snares: 4
    RIP- Frank, Wolvie, Les Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Pearl MCX Man View Post
    I wish I was your wife
    Quote Originally Posted by amdrummer View Post
    if double bass is cheating then so is using two sticks

Forum Rules
    DrumBum
    No metronome?
    The Rudiments

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Russ View Post
    I was in the middle of trying to fix the dead links in the classic rock video thread, and saw this thread(I guess I can't finish that now). Have I done or said something wrong? Or not enough? I want to continue to help, but can't now. Fun while it lasted I suppose.

You've done nothing wrong buddy, don't you worry, just a streamlining of "the system". Don't take it personally!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by funkyruss View Post
    You've done nothing wrong buddy, don't you worry, just a streamlining of "the system". Don't take it personally!
    Ditto. Thanks for helping Russ.

User Info Menu

So you guys cut mods loose and don't even notify them in private? Abhorrent.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by marko138 View Post
    +1
    Mike

User Info Menu

Well, I can't speak for the others but I was given somewhat of a notification. It seemed to have occured at the same time the thread was made. I don't feel mistreated, but like traditional layoffs I hope it's a temporary thing and we are all eventually reinstated and can work together as a team again. I can't pretend to understand what happens or why, I sometimes just shrug and keep the faith. I'm not sure why layoffs/streamlines are needed since i'm not really an employee, just a humble volunteer willing to give my time to assist whenever i'm able(I read all the 'new posts' daily).

I guess a lot's happened lately, some of it is confusing but the important thing to remember is it's still drumchat. At the end of the day it's still one of the top forums to surround yourself in the drumming world, and i'm sure whatever changes that have been made recently were logical, thought out, and for greater good. I didn't wanna say anything because things tend to get hot button, but I don't want to see the overall image of the place get dragged through the mud. Sometimes, there are very tough decisions to make and talks that one or more parties would rather not have.

It's no ones' fault really, either way you go there's a negative outcome because it's a no-win situation. Understanding this, allowed me to realize a newfound respect for the job that the moderators do. On top of dealing out the good and bad news, as well as being a drummer and having those concerns, you have to keep the peace and not let situations run out of control. It may or may not sound easy on paper, but it's anything but. I hold nothing against anyone for making the call. I trust they had good reason for doing it - I just can't help but wonder how things will go now that the job intensified on the remaining moderators? I sympathize.
    Last edited by Russ; 05-09-2012 at 01:30 PM.
    ZildjianLeague/LP/Aquarian/Mapex/Pearl
    Snares: 4
    RIP- Frank, Wolvie, Les Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Pearl MCX Man View Post
    I wish I was your wife
    Quote Originally Posted by amdrummer View Post
    if double bass is cheating then so is using two sticks

Forum Rules
    DrumBum
    No metronome?
    The Rudiments

User Info Menu

Thumbs up Re: Moderators

You don't need to be a Moderator Russ to help around here. Just keep doing your thing like you have and there will be no difference between you being you or Russ the Moderator. This maybe just a short span till they make you Moderator again who knows. Any way you are still a Moderator to me not that I am brown nosing or anything or maybe I am. LOL Just be Russ.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by marko138 View Post
    Marco, don't you think it would be better to ask first rather than just make that assumption and use an offensive adjective like "abhorrent".
    Everyone was notified.

User Info Menu

Well, I can't speak for the others but I was given somewhat of a notification. It seemed to have occured at the same time the thread was made. I don't feel mistreated, but like traditional layoffs I hope it's a temporary thing and we are all eventually reinstated and can work together as a team again. I can't pretend to understand what happens or why, I sometimes just shrug and keep the faith. I'm not sure why layoffs/streamlines are needed since i'm not really an employee, just a humble volunteer willing to give my time to assist whenever i'm able(I read all the 'new posts' daily).

I guess a lot's happened lately, some of it is confusing but the important thing to remember is it's still drumchat. At the end of the day it's still one of the top forums to surround yourself in the drumming world, and i'm sure whatever changes that have been made recently were logical, thought out, and for greater good. I didn't wanna say anything because things tend to get hot button, but I don't want to see the overall image of the place get dragged through the mud. Sometimes, there are very tough decisions to make and talks that one or more parties would rather not have.

It's no ones' fault really, either way you go there's a negative outcome because it's a no-win situation. Understanding this, allowed me to realize a newfound respect for the job that the moderators do. On top of dealing out the good and bad news, as well as being a drummer and having those concerns, you have to keep the peace and not let situations run out of control. It may or may not sound easy on paper, but it's anything but. I hold nothing against anyone for making the call. I trust they had good reason for doing it - I just can't help but wonder how things will go now that the job intensified on the remaining moderators? I sympathize.
    You're a good guy Russ and very diplomatic. It's appreciated more than you know.

User Info Menu

good move .. too many cooks spoil the soup...
    Tamaholic

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by atomcorr2 View Post
    good move .. too many cooks spoil the soup...
    That's what I figured too.
    Jesse

1986 Tama Crestar - Lacquered Piano White
    2016 Roland TD-25K
    2015 Tama Starclassic B/B - Indigo Blue Sparkle

User Info Menu

Seems like what what Marko138 said may be correct based on Russ' post, Drummer. It's like he's one of those guys that finds out he's been laid off by seeing it on the T.V. news. Also, since when is abhorrent an offensive term? Not a big deal really, but, when you put stuff out there that contradicts what others say about how something went down it gets kind of crazy.

User Info Menu

Oh, and to stay in line with what seems to go on, it may be time to close this thread as well?

User Info Menu

From what I read Russ said he was notified, although maybe not as thoroughly or in not as timely a manner as he would have liked, so I think we're blowing this out of proportion. My take is it isn't anything like being laid off, since Russ wasn't relying on being a moderator in order to pay the bills. If I was volunteering somewhere and they told me they were cutting back on volunteers, I don't see how I would feel offended.

FYI I also agree the abhorrent is a very strong word even if they hadn't been notified. Would it really have been repugnant or loathsome considering they aren't employees? IMHO the answer is no.
    Jesse

1986 Tama Crestar - Lacquered Piano White
    2016 Roland TD-25K
    2015 Tama Starclassic B/B - Indigo Blue Sparkle

User Info Menu

Awesome.

good move.

User Info Menu

Your post is spot on Jesse.

User Info Menu

Cool Re: Moderators

I don't know why people are so upset about the moderator modifications. I will be the first to admit that I wasn't coming in regularly recently. Part of that was due to my work schedule, and the rest of that was due to some family changes (read: grandchildren) that kept me away from the computer longer than I wanted.

I don't think I was giving it my best shot, personally, and that's not fair to anyone. Truth is, if I was working that badly at my day job, I wouldn't be working at all...

Let's get back to what really matters: playing, discussing, and most of all, enjoying drums!
    keep the beat goin' ... Don't keep it to yourself!

Charlie

"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away." --Henry David Thoreau, "Walden," 1854

"There's a lot to be said for Time Honored tradition and value." --In memory of Frank "fiacovaz" Iacovazzi

"Maybe your drums can be beat, but you can't."--Jack Keck

User Info Menu

I'm a newbie and please forgive me, I don't mean to accuse or demean any one with this post. This is just my personal feelings.

My only concern, I hope this action wasn't due to a recent thread which voiced displeasure of a Manufacturer and Distributor. I realize we have to keep it civilized and people can get carried away but if we aren't being treated properly we should be able to share it with other members. Especially when that Manufacturer or Distributor is not responding until they realize a thread like this one was out there.

Btw, I think since they are taking care of that situation it was the right thing to do to shut it down. But if a people's forum is going to be controlled or censored by a manufacturer or their representative I believe that's wrong.

I think the moderators have done and do a fine job here walking that fine line and you have an awesome forum that I enjoy very much.

Thank you,

Joe
    Last edited by gatlin5; 05-09-2012 at 06:08 PM. Reason: spelling what else :)
    Joe

User Info Menu

Come on guys...some people just seem to get upset at every little thing that goes on around here. All you people who complain about the rules should be happy because they're cutting back on the "rule-enforcers". It's really not a big deal. The mods have done a great job and they will continue doing a great job. Just because they can't edit posts or something anymore doesn't mean they can't keep contributing their knowledge and experience and good personalities to DC.
    Matt

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by gatlin5 View Post
    ...I hope this action wasn't due to a recent thread which voiced displeasure of a Manufacturer and Distributor.
    It was made clear that it had nothing to do with that.

I realize we have to keep it civilized and people can get carried away but if we aren't being treated properly we should be able to share it with other members. Especially when that Manufacturer or Distributor is not responding until they realize a thread like this one was out there.
    That's why the rule was made. They don't want this forum to be used to air grievances or leverage the outcome of a dispute. That was already discussed and we closed the thread. You can PM me if you need further clarification.

... if a people's forum is going to be controlled or censored by a manufacturer or their representative I believe that's wrong.
    I've been a member of this forum since the beginning and can assure you that it is not controlled in any way by any manufacturer or their representatives.

I think the moderators have done and do a fine job here walking that fine line and you have an awesome forum that I enjoy very much.
    Thank you Joe!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by bongobro View Post
    Let's get back to what really matters: playing, discussing, and most of all, enjoying drums!
    That's what I'm talking about!

Hi BB!

User Info Menu

I'd like to say thank you to all of the moderators who have volunteered their time to make this a more enjoyable place, especially Bish & Russ, you guys rock!
    Dw | Zildjian | Pro-Mark | Evans

User Info Menu

thank you past mods for your time ..this place rocks thanks to your work