Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Crush Acrylic snare on the way

User Info Menu

Default Re: Crush Acrylic snare on the way

Congratulations NPYYZ! I really like the look of that snare. The badge, die cast hoops, lugs, throw off...it is a great looking drum. Now that it is a winner in the looks dept., how is it sounding?

User Info Menu

That drum looks SWEET. I can only imagine it sounding equally as amazing.
    Pearl-Zildjian-Evans-Vater

I go to my local drum shop and purchase my sticks. I like to touch them before I buy them ;-)
    -TxDrummer
    My parents just get mad when i crash the ride. Thats true for cars and cymbals
    -jordison515

My Band:
    http://www.facebook.com/ArviaMusic
    Record for Most Users Online
    http://www.drumchat.com/showthread.p...ers-12079.html

User Info Menu

Sick looking snare
    "The chances of being attacked and killed by a terrorist are less than the chances of being attacked and killed by your own heart"
    Carrying the message to Garcia. Today and everyday.
    Temple Beth Snare Buzz-Head Rabbi

User Info Menu

Hi all, first post here! Curious to know what that snare sounds like, have to say it looks the part anyway, I need another kit like a hole in the head but these kits look so cool and are a great price, I hope it sounds good!!!!!

User Info Menu

Last night I tuned it up and checked it out for a bit. It sounds good, reminds me of the Pearl Ian Paice Signature snare I once owned. That was a metal snare but this acrylic has a similar sound. It definitely needs a better head, the stock head seems cheap and has a very sandpaper like feel to it. I'm going to try and grab a new head for it today. So far I'm loving it. There's a guy on E-bay that says he will have the full shell packs in stock on the 22nd. I think I'm going to get one.

The wife will be pissed as my PDP kit was supposed to be my last, but hey you only live once so why not enjoy it. And I always say it's easier to ask for forgiveness then permission.

I've got mine tuned a bit higher then this, but this is pretty much what it sounds like.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nVwGJUlh7x4

Found another video with a guy using just and overhead mic. Sloppy drumming and he doesn't know how to tune a kick drum, but you can get a bit of an idea how they sound. The more I hear , the more I want! Acrylic's have a sound all their own. I like it.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c100yhIQ1p8
    Last edited by NPYYZ; 05-19-2012 at 06:19 AM.

User Info Menu

I like the look of that snare NPYYZ, and the videos sure make the acrylic shells sound worth the look. I'm not saying I'm in the market for acrylic drums, but I sure wouldn't might hearing a set in person.
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

I like it! My favorite part are the lugs, very Tama like.
    ZildjianLeague/LP/Aquarian/Mapex/Pearl
    Snares: 4
    RIP- Frank, Wolvie, Les Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Pearl MCX Man View Post
    I wish I was your wife
    Quote Originally Posted by amdrummer View Post
    if double bass is cheating then so is using two sticks

Forum Rules
    DrumBum
    No metronome?
    The Rudiments

User Info Menu

That's probably going to be my next kit. I love the look of it, sounds great and the price is just right.
    DW Performance Series
    Peavey Radial Pro RBS-1
    Roland TDW-20

Gibraltar rack system
    Sabian AA/AAX/HHX/Vault
    Tama pedals

User Info Menu

Grab a dot if you can , having a smooth shell needs texture in the head ... I'm using a dot on my drumcraft it works great

User Info Menu

WOW! That drum is stunning. MARKO WANT.

User Info Menu

nice ive only heard good things about these guys

User Info Menu

After playing the drum some more my only complaint is, it's not as loud as my maple snare. I figured it would be louder but that is not the case.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NPYYZ View Post
    After playing the drum some more my only complaint is, it's not as loud as my maple snare. I figured it would be louder but that is not the case.
    That's funny (funny strange, not funny haha). I thought the acrylic shell would have projected more due to the hardness of it's surface. Of course, with the right mic'ing, it can be made to sound just as loud, and acrylic drums do have a certain "cool factor."
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

User Info Menu

every drum is different ...the acrylic im using has rounder/softer attack than my maple but the actual volume is the same

the head make a huge difference too ...just remember in most cases the stock heads are just to make the drum look complete

User Info Menu

I played a Crush Acrylic kit not too long ago at a dealer in Savannah, Ga. I've never played an acrylic kit before but was very surprised at just how big and boomy it sounded. I was impressed. I also played on one of their Ash kits. The snare on that kit had a great POP to it. All in all seemed to be some nicely made drums.

User Info Menu

I put a remo ambassador on the snare a couple days ago. Sounds much better now, and bit louder as well. I think I'm going to buy an 8 piece acrylic kit tomorrow. 2- 22 kicks, 8,10,12, toms , 14,16 floor toms and a 14x6 snare. I've got all the drums I need now but I've always wanted an acrylic kit. What the heck you only live once , right?

User Info Menu

I put a remo ambassador on the snare a couple days ago. Sounds much better now, and bit louder as well. I think I'm going to buy an 8 piece acrylic kit tomorrow. 2- 22 kicks, 8,10,12, toms , 14,16 floor toms and a 14x6 snare. I've got all the drums I need now but I've always wanted an acrylic kit. What the heck you only live once , right?
    Man, when you buy a kit you go big! Awesome.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by marko138 View Post
    Man, when you buy a kit you go big! Awesome.
    Ever since I was 17, 1977 I've always play a large kit. I enjoy playing smaller kits as well, but my style revolves around a large kit.

User Info Menu

Ever since I was 17, 1977 I've always play a large kit. I enjoy playing smaller kits as well, but my style revolves around a large kit.
    Nothing wrong with that, my friend. I enjoy looking at your pictures of these big kits. Can't wait to see this one.

User Info Menu

Right now I'm trying to decide if I want the single kick kit with 22, 8,10,12,14,16 that kit is $1350.00 of the full 8 piece with 2-22, 8,10,12,14,16 and 14 snare. That one goes for $1850.00. Still a great price compared to the 5 piece Ludwig's Acrylic's that are going for $2400 to $3100.00

Since I already ave the 13x7 snare I may go with the single kick set up and save $500.00. I can always add a second kick later. But I really don't like double pedals and it would be nice to have a 13x7 and a 14x6 snare. I'll have to get some input from the wife, she's good at helping me decide.

This is the kit I'm looking at now:

Last edited by NPYYZ; 06-02-2012 at 09:57 AM.

User Info Menu

Right now I'm trying to decide if I want the single kick kit with 22, 8,10,12,14,16 that kit is $1350.00 of the full 8 piece with 2-22, 8,10,12,14,16 and 14 snare. That one goes for $1850.00. Still a great price compared to the 5 piece Ludwig's Acrylic's that are going for $2400 to $3100.00

Since I already ave the 13x7 snare I may go with the single kick set up and save $500.00. I can always add a second kick later. But I really don't like double pedals and it would be nice to have a 13x7 and a 14x6 snare. I'll have to get some input from the wife, she's good at helping me decide.

This is the kit I'm looking at now:
    No doubt. But if you know you don't like dbl pedals don't you think you've already made your decision? Plus the extra snare would be great. How much is the add on kick drum? Less than 500? What about the cost of the extra snare. Could you get both separately for $500? I suspect not.

User Info Menu

There's a kick on e-bay now for $450.00 or best offer. I was thinking I'd offer $350.00 , the 14x 6 snares are selling for $175.00 to $190.00 So I'd be better off to buy the 8 piece. Heck, it's only money.

User Info Menu

Man, that's a good looking ghost kit NPYYZ! Talking about it is sure different that being able to see it. Thanks for the eye candy!

User Info Menu

There's a kick on e-bay now for $450.00 or best offer. I was thinking I'd offer $350.00 , the 14x 6 snares are selling for $175.00 to $190.00 So I'd be better off to buy the 8 piece. Heck, it's only money.
    Pull the trigger!

User Info Menu

Man what a kit. Like you said you only live once. So go for it
    Proud Yamaha Player

The line between the real world and the machine world is becoming more and more blurred every day.But its not that humans are turning into automations or becoming slaves to the machines.No, we're simply growing toward each other!