Thread: on line tutorials

User Info Menu

Default on line tutorials

just curious if anyone uses an online tutorial for lessons or even just furthering their skills?

User Info Menu

Default Re: on line tutorials

Does Mike Johnston's online lessons count? I used to be a subscriber, but I can't afford it anymore :(
    - Zack

User Info Menu

im not sure ,what is the link?..im looking for something that i can use on my ipad

User Info Menu

Yeah, been watching a lot of tuned percussion videos as there really isn't any qualified instructor around my area....there's only a handful of mallet percussion teachers in Sydney and they're either full with student schedules, busy working or at the other side of town for me. At the moment been slowwwwwly getting through the videos on the Marimbalogy.com. It's definitely a different perspective in percussion, but I'm pretty keen to keep on learning and improving. It's what keeps me fresh for when I get back on the set, I find.
    "...it's the Paradigm Of The Cosmos!" Stewart Copeland on Youtube

668: The Number Of The Guy Next Door To The Beast.

"A random act of kindness; it keeps my heart in shape!" - Late8

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by aunkster View Post
    just curious if anyone uses an online tutorial for lessons or even just furthering their skills?
    Check out tons of free stuff online. Click the "Drum Links" link above (top right). You can also check out free drum lessons here in drumchat and/or see Drum Bum's Drum Lessons site. Then there's always YouTube. There's a plethora of free information there.

There's so much free information and tons of drum lessons and tutorials and such that I don't even see why anybody pays for it anymore.

User Info Menu

I look at a lot of stuff on Youtube, especially the excerpts that Mike Johnston puts up from his paid online lessons...those are always cool.
    Matt