First off, this album has a special place in my heart as being what I consider to be the best album in history. Seriously. So, I don't think I could ever do it justice, but I'll ramble off a little bit about it anyway.

For anyone that's a fan of Opeth, you'll know of singer/songwriter/guitarist Mikael Akerfeldt. He has been the driving force for the band since their very beginning, in around 1990 I believe. He helped start the band when he was 16 and has been a member ever since. From the very start, Opeth has been a mix of many, many styles, but most prominently incorporating death metal sections in with a lot of slower, prettier acoustic sections, with acoustic guitars and sweet, beautiful clean vocals contrasting distorted electric guitars, double bass drumming and death metal vocals.

Watershed is a fine example of this. Starting off with the opening track Coil, a slower, more beautiful acoustic track featuring Nathalie Lorichs singing alongside Mikael, and then right after crashing into track two, Heir Apparent, a far more metal-y track. The rest of the album contrasts in a similar manner.
The whole album is just nothing short of a musical rollercoaster, mostly being on the lighter music side but having it's fair share of metal mixed in.

I'm completely convinced absolutely anyone can get something out of this album, it's well worth checking out!