Page 369 of 546 FirstFirst ... 269319359367368369370371379419469 ... LastLast
Results 9,201 to 9,225 of 13638

Thread: Show Us Your Drums!

User Info Menu

Default Re: Show Us Your Drums!

Oli ! What a find!
    A Star Kit? They are the company that became Tama!
    I love old drums (new drums too haha). Your drums look pretty cool. I dabble in Vintage drums here and there....just in the last two years or so - I'm no expert by any means. But I'd say your Star drums are a good find.
    Very nice indeed!
    Gary

User Info Menu

awesome find

User Info Menu

Oli, nice find! Clean it up a bit and it would look great.
    Sonor - Pearl - Tama - Mapex - Paiste - Sabian - Roc N Soc - Pro Mark - Gibralter - Evans - Dixon - Mapex

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SomeGuyDude View Post
    New pies!

On the rig!

great cymbals!
    My Kit:
    Sabian AAX-Treme China 17", Paiste PST3 14" Hats-16" Crash-20" Ride.
    Heads- Pinstripes on toms, Emad on Kick, Ec2 on top of snare, Ambassador on bottom of snare.
    Pearl Dr-80 Rack
    Pearl Eliminator Double Pedal-Chain Drive
    Cheap Hi Hat Stand With Drop Clutch
    Actual Drums-10,12,14 toms, 22 kick ,14 snare- its a cheap kit rebranded by the store i bought it from.

User Info Menu

Guys, I'm back! Had a break from drumming for a bit, but I have just got back into it, co much more than I ever have, somehow the break has increasing my drumming capabilities two fold! It's nice to be back drumming and on the forum! My, you guys have been busy! Kits are looking awesome guys! congrats, glad to be back!

Kurtis, your set up just looks awesome my kind of set!

And Olimpass, I'm currently looking for some vintage drums, your new kit is just like what I want! it looks sweet! there is somthing about little kits I just love! the finish on yours is gorgeous too!

AG

"We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give." - Winston Churchill

User Info Menu

I bought this on eBay a few months ago for $29 - for the tacks - the shell was beat up. It's/was a 9x13 Leedy Gretsch - somewhere in the late 20's-30's as advertised. When I removed the tacked heads the shell was split almost right around the shell on both heads at the tack lines.

When I removed the finish the wood wasn't bad.....after I sanded the gouges out....most of them. I cut the shell down....used my sanding table to get the drums down to a nice straight edge. Then I hand sanded some edges. I put 8 or 9 coats of Wipe-On Clear Gloss Polly on to bring it to a nice deep gloss.

Hardware:
    Gibraltar Triple Flanged 6hole hoops
    Gibraltar Tom Mount
    Vintage Gertsch snare lugs I had laying around after a restore project a year ago.
    Heads are Remo Coated Ambassadors

I have a nice Grabber arm that this mount fits to. I tried it off my hihat and it works like a dream!
    I may build this out to a 6 1/2" snare drum some day.....lbut for now it's a nice little tom.

Last edited by kona; 04-16-2011 at 10:52 PM.
    Gary

User Info Menu

AND - I stuck this cool little airhole in there a few minutes ago. I had a few laying around and thought it might do some good.....

Gary

User Info Menu

HOLY..... KONA!!! Thats amazing!
    Sonor - Pearl - Tama - Mapex - Paiste - Sabian - Roc N Soc - Pro Mark - Gibralter - Evans - Dixon - Mapex

User Info Menu

You've really given that drum another shot at life kona. That really looks amazing.

What wood is it made of?
    Pdp LXE | Pearl ELX Export

'Give me your fingernails, oh look, the moon' - Todd Sucherman.

User Info Menu

Yes - and it's sounding better than I ever thought it would. It's "singing" along nicely....got a lot of tone high and low. I'm very pleased I did not just trash it.....that would have been hard for me to do at any rate.

I'm pretty sure it's 3ply.....Maple with Sweet Gum? maybe in the middle - I don't know for sure. And...like I said....I don't know if it's a 20's or 30's but I'll find that out when and if I see it parked in an old catalog somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by drumstix View Post
    You've really given that drum another shot at life kona. That really looks amazing.

What wood is it made of?
    Gary

User Info Menu

I took this shot today - Daisy (young Retriever on couch) seems to be okay with the photo op and me crashing around here.

L-R 2007 Gretsch 125th Anniversary snare/675x13 Tom (the one posted here)/1947 Gretsch 6x10 tom/1960's - maybe early 70's Apollo snare/1938 14" tom WMP AND 1949 Gretsch Parade drum - I've taken the snares off for now - sounds much better as a tom.....at this time.
    Gary

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by kona View Post
    I took this shot today - Daisy (young Retriever on couch) seems to be okay with the photo op and me crashing around here.

L-R 2007 Gretsch 125th Anniversary snare/675x13 Tom (the one posted here)/1947 Gretsch 6x10 tom/1960's - maybe early 70's Apollo snare/1938 14" tom WMP AND 1949 Gretsch Parade drum - I've taken the snares off for now - sounds much better as a tom.....at this time.
    Awesome collection you got there! that Gretsch parade drum looks familiar...cant remember where i may have seen it before tho.
    Pearl-Zildjian-Evans-Vater

I go to my local drum shop and purchase my sticks. I like to touch them before I buy them ;-)
    -TxDrummer
    My parents just get mad when i crash the ride. Thats true for cars and cymbals
    -jordison515

My Band:
    http://www.facebook.com/ArviaMusic
    Record for Most Users Online
    http://www.drumchat.com/showthread.p...ers-12079.html

User Info Menu

I had the chance to set up and record in a nice sounding big room with plenty of light over the weekend, so I figured pictures can't hurt, right?

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

Stunning kit Shane!! Love the finish! And that is a very cool pedal beater you have there
    Gary

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by kona View Post

Now that's what I call a Frankenstein set..lol..they look awesome. Excellent work.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ShaneRoney View Post
    I had the chance to set up and record in a nice sounding big room with plenty of light over the weekend, so I figured pictures can't hurt, right?

Beautiful,,(jaw dropping)...very nice

User Info Menu

Beautiful kit Shane.

Interesting how you did the 12 as a floor tom essentially.
    Jesse

1986 Tama Crestar - Lacquered Piano White
    2016 Roland TD-25K
    2015 Tama Starclassic B/B - Indigo Blue Sparkle

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by kaosotis View Post
    Beautiful kit Shane.

Interesting how you did the 12 as a floor tom essentially.
    Thanks! I am most comfortable these days with a 4 piece. The 12 and side snare come and go as the situation permits. The timbale and at least one bell are always with me. When I do want the 12 its mostly for tribal type grooves. I don't want to have different sets of fills for setups, so I fly it out on the end. I am considering getting a cradle for the 14 so I can loose the rack if needed.

Thanks to Olimpass as well.

She's not only a looker, she sounds pretty good as well. Check it out:

http://www.drumchat.com/showthread.p...tml#post385968

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Olimpass View Post
    Little Blue Onyx Star kit I just picked up. It's missing the BD pedal strap, bass mount cymbal arm and top half of the straight cymbal stand. Cleaned up, this'd make a neat little kit for the youngster.

Just found the same type of set on my local CL for $100. Pretty cool little kit.
    Jesse

2016 Roland TD-25K

User Info Menu

Sweet!

User Info Menu

I didn't buy them, Rich. I think I made it sound like I did! just saw them listed.
    Jesse

2016 Roland TD-25K

User Info Menu

Here are a few, changed to a 1 up 2 down and these pics include my dw 3000 hi hat stand and sabian 19'' aa thin crash.

Gretsch - Tama - Pearl - Sabian - Zildjian - Stagg - Evans - Vater - Gibraltar

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rabidpenguin45 View Post
    Here are a few, changed to a 1 up 2 down and these pics include my dw 3000 hi hat stand and sabian 19'' aa thin crash.

Beautiful set up dude, your kit looks real nice.
    Mike.

"If men are from Mars, and Women are from venus then drummers... are from Pluto!" - Hughie (as played by the amazing Billy Connolly) taken from the film 'Still Crazy'.

"The key to immortality is first living a life worth remembering" - Brandon Lee

http://www.jerzeystreetband.com
    http://www.myspace.com/jerzeystband
    http://www.facebook.com/jerzeystreetband

User Info Menu