Page 7 of 546 FirstFirst ... 567891757107507 ... LastLast

Thread: Show Us Your Drums!

User Info Menu

How many arms do you actually have?

And how long are each of them?
    MY KIT: 5 Piece Westbury, Remo Ambassador Heads and Remo Muff'l Rings on all drums, Sabian AA 20" Metal-X Ride, Zildjian ZXT 16" Rock Crash, Pearl 14" Hats, Pearl 18" Crash Ride, Wuhan 12" China

Band Website:

The Torpedo Identity

http://www.myspace.com/thetorpedoidentity
    http://www.purevolume.com/blacksunn

User Info Menu

BTW do you have anything recorded, using ALL these cymbals, any videos, mp3's anything, I would love to here your playing, and how you incorporate ALL those cymbals.

User Info Menu

Hey ddrum

I was at the Audiometry website recently and was excited to see the new song uploaded. But when I pressed the download link instead of giving me the page to download it to my hard drive. It just opened a new page and streamed it via QuickTime.

I wanna dowload because like all the others it's great. So do you know what is up with that?

Oh and by the way, seeing as I can't make it to your gig, and you are giving away free CD's there, is there a possibility that yours truly would be able to get his hands on one
    MY KIT: 5 Piece Westbury, Remo Ambassador Heads and Remo Muff'l Rings on all drums, Sabian AA 20" Metal-X Ride, Zildjian ZXT 16" Rock Crash, Pearl 14" Hats, Pearl 18" Crash Ride, Wuhan 12" China

Band Website:

The Torpedo Identity

User Info Menu

Amp, right click and save target/link as...

btw, what does that end-piece on the bass drum do?

HB58
    My Kit: Pearl Session Custom 7 Piece w/ Zildjian Cymbals
    My Band: Lead Redemption
    Current Favourite Band: Necrophagist
    Current Favourite Song: To Rid The Disease - Opeth
    Next purchase: Pearl 18"x16" Floor Tom, Zildjian A Custom Crash

Rudiments?

User Info Menu

If you mean on El Presidente's kit, that's called a "woofer" (in DW terms, anyway)......it's an extra, shallow-depth auxiliary kick drum, you dont strike it....when you get your kick tuned to the attack and the tone that you want, if you feel it needs a bit more bottom end, you can add this "woofer" to add more "oomph" to it.
    Word to the wise : don't mess with the drummer.

User Info Menu

.....also, I thought only DW made those.....

Well, I have been mistaken before, and I'm sure I'll be mistaken again.....
    Word to the wise : don't mess with the drummer.

User Info Menu

Hellsbells what that question for me? or did bigtallG answer it for you? if it is for me I don't understand your question, what are you asking?

User Info Menu

Nah BTG answered it for me. I think it looks wicked. I want one =P

HB58
    My Kit: Pearl Session Custom 7 Piece w/ Zildjian Cymbals
    My Band: Lead Redemption
    Current Favourite Band: Necrophagist
    Current Favourite Song: To Rid The Disease - Opeth
    Next purchase: Pearl 18"x16" Floor Tom, Zildjian A Custom Crash

Rudiments?

User Info Menu

Smile My Sonor

User Info Menu

Amp, right click and save target/link as...
    I tried that too, but it didn't work either.

No worries though, he sent me a personal copy.
    YES

Band Website:

The Torpedo Identity

User Info Menu

Default Here it is.

It is almost the same as the last picture but I have a few more cymbals. I also have some new Attack heads (in black) for all the toms and bass drums shipped. I'm just gonna put them in the closet, when they get here, until I beat the snot outta these stock heads! The snare head is the only one I really had to change. It used to ring so much. With this new Evans head on the snare it sounds WAY better.

I really like this set. I'm glad I've invested all of this into it. It really makes it a pleasure to learn!

User Info Menu

that set is freakin' awsome. Jeez! how did you afford it!
    I AM SABIAN MAN!

Next Drum Purchase: Piccolo Snare
    Next Cymbal purchase: Splash cymbal and splash claw.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Torque
    It is almost the same as the last picture but I have a few more cymbals. I also have some new Attack heads (in black) for all the toms and bass drums shipped. I'm just gonna put them in the closet, when they get here, until I beat the snot outta these stock heads! The snare head is the only one I really had to change. It used to ring so much. With this new Evans head on the snare it sounds WAY better.

I really like this set. I'm glad I've invested all of this into it. It really makes it a pleasure to learn!

heck of a kit to learn on. alot of people would suggest learning on a smaller kit. as long as you work on the same fundamentals as someone with a 4 pc. and dont get ahead of yourself, then more power to ya.

User Info Menu

Ya

That is the only problem with learning on a big kit, not knowing how to work yourself up.

Band Website:

The Torpedo Identity

User Info Menu

But its still an amazing kit, just by looking at it, i can tell you have a steady income, and that you really want to learn how to drum

Yea, like everyone said, take some time and only work with one bass , a floor tom and 2 rack toms along with your snare ect, once you get great at that, then go crazy on everything els

I mean, dont be limited to just those pieces, if you need to add another tom to make a roll down long enough do it, but try and learn smaller, and then get big, cuz oneday if you dont have a huge kit, you wont know how to work a small one

User Info Menu

all of these are pretty cool sets i like most of them
    i cant get mine on here

User Info Menu

Cool Show Us Your Drums!

Torque, next thing you're gonna need is a room for that killer set-up! (Dude, that's a problem most of us wouldn't mind havin'!)
    keep the beat goin' ... Don't keep it to yourself!

Charlie

"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away." --Henry David Thoreau, "Walden," 1854

"There's a lot to be said for Time Honored tradition and value." --In memory of Frank "fiacovaz" Iacovazzi

"Maybe your drums can be beat, but you can't."--Jack Keck

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

nice drums torque .

User Info Menu

wow that kit is incredible. i was gonna get the export set as well but only the 8 piece
    www.myspace.com/maudeephyfe
    The good times won't roll themselves
    Gretsch Renown Maple, Paiste Signature, Reflector, and Dark Energy

User Info Menu

mine is so small its a 6 peace

User Info Menu

I'm pretty much just blessed to have such a nice set. I wish I could be blessed with the patience to learn. Thats why I'm spending so much money on my set, I guess I'm just try to speed up the process of learning.

BTW: Got my attack heads for it in the mail. All the toms are black. Thats gonna look sweet!!! I have them put away in the closet right now. My teacher and I both think I should beat these ones up 1st.

Next time around, I'm buying all ebony heads (powerstroke 3 ebony for Basses) except the snare which will be white. That is gonna make it look sick.

Thanks for all the compliments. I just wish they were for my talent. Pretty soon, I hope.

User Info Menu

My Premier Birch kit, By the way this kit is for sale if anyone is interested.

Edit: 6/18/10 sold
    Last edited by NPYYZ; 11-14-2010 at 09:03 AM.

User Info Menu

i honestly wouldn't know what to do with half of that kit.....awesome..

User Info Menu

What are you gonna try and sell that at?