Default Re: Show Us Your Drums!

Updated pic of my kit. I got new hi-hats and ride. Bought them used

Paiste Posse
    14inch 2002 series Sound Edge Hi-hats
    16inch and 18inch Signature series Fast crashes
    20inch 3000 series Ride
    18inch PST5 series China

Pearl Forum Series drum set
    Pearl Chad Smith Signature snare(steel shell)
    Tama Iron Cobra Chrome

RIP Frank - You will be remembered

User Info Menu

Nice! I have 13" Signature Sound Edges and they are by far my favorite hats I've ever owned. They only ones I've heard that I like as much or more are the K Zildjian 13.25" Hybrid Hats. Very crisp and rich.
    Kits
    DW Performance(white marine): 8x7/10x8/12x9/16x14/22x18
    Mapex Saturn III(transparent walnut): 10x8/12x9/16x16/22x18/14x5.5

Snares
    Pork Pie 14x7 Cherry/Bubinga
    Pork Pie 14x6.5 Big Black Bob
    Mapex Saturn 14x5.5 Maple/Walnut
    Homemade 14x5.5 Maple(10 ply Keller)

Cymbals
    Sabian
    14" AA regular hats
    10" AAX splash
    16" AAX Xplosion fast crash
    18" AAX Xplosion fash crash
    16" HH thin crash
    20" HHX stage ride

User Info Menu

Cool pictures, Andreeew!

Congrats the cymbal finds!
    Signature here

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pastor_bob View Post
    Sam, that is one beautiful Yamaha kit!

Beave, those drum still look great, and the set-up looks real comfortable. Makes me want to tweak again!
    Thanks PB, and yes it is quite comfortable to play this way. I was so used to the standard 5pc. setup for so many years but once i made these adjustments my playing has gotten much more fun and it just flows really well like it is currently setup.

User Info Menu

Looking really SWEET Andreew!! Awesome hats!! Merry Christmas to YOU!!
    Why do psychics have to ask you your name? And how come you never heard of a psychic winning the lottery?
    Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

User Info Menu

Congrats on the new cymbals Andreeew! Sweet buy!
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Andreeew View Post
    Updated pic of my kit. I got new hi-hats and ride. Bought them used

**HOOLA como estas Mi amigo ANDREEEW *CREATIVE ARTISTIC OPEN MINDED DRUMMER ARTIST(YOUNG-CAT ) thats GREAT amigo now within your very unique distinct STYLE ARTISTRY you can JOURNEY within New DIMENSIONS *GRACIAS

User Info Menu

Hello everyone! I am new to the forum and thought I would share my new kit with y'all. It's a 1998 DW kit with maple shells, sizes 10,12,14,16,22. I bought them for $1600 from Don Bennett drum studio in Bellevue Wa.

Kind of an interesting story behind the drums, the were on consignment from billionaire Paul Allen or to be more specific, Vulcan Industries. I don't know how or what they were used for but Paul Allen is an avid guitarist and has a world class recording studio on his home as well as on his yacht He didn't need my $1600 but he took it anyway

I was told that the wrap was special ordered and is one of a kind. The drums sound out of this world BTW. I plan on contacting DW this week to find out if they are Keller shells, not that it matters but I would like to know.

I think I will name them Vulcan One or maybe USS Vulcan. Of course I could just call them Spock
    Attached Images Attached Images

User Info Menu

thanks, i really love the hi-hats. the ride is awesome too
    Paiste Posse
    14inch 2002 series Sound Edge Hi-hats
    16inch and 18inch Signature series Fast crashes
    20inch 3000 series Ride
    18inch PST5 series China

Pearl Forum Series drum set
    Pearl Chad Smith Signature snare(steel shell)
    Tama Iron Cobra Chrome

RIP Frank - You will be remembered

User Info Menu

Hello all!!! Well I changed the way my kit is setup a little. And I also added a stereo to work with a few things and to help teach. So here a a couple pics. So I now have 4", 6" and 8" Roto Toms, 12", 12", 13", 14"and 16" toms, 14" Snare, and a 20"x16" kick. Sorry for the angle, its hard to get good pics because of where they are setup...

Last edited by jhmeg2; 12-09-2008 at 12:31 PM.
    Fat Pat, show us your drums page 138, post 3429
    always chang'n sumth'n

User Info Menu

Nice Jhmeg! I notice that the resonant head is off the first 12" tom. Is that so you can get it tuned higher?
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by mrmike View Post
    Hello everyone! I am new to the forum and thought I would share my new kit with y'all. It's a 1998 DW kit with maple shells, sizes 10,12,14,16,22. I bought them for $1600 from Don Bennett drum studio in Bellevue Wa.

Kind of an interesting story behind the drums, the were on consignment from billionaire Paul Allen or to be more specific, Vulcan Industries. I don't know how or what they were used for but Paul Allen is an avid guitarist and has a world class recording studio on his home as well as on his yacht He didn't need my $1600 but he took it anyway

I was told that the wrap was special ordered and is one of a kind. The drums sound out of this world BTW. I plan on contacting DW this week to find out if they are Keller shells, not that it matters but I would like to know.

I think I will name them Vulcan One or maybe USS Vulcan. Of course I could just call them Spock
    Welcome to drumchat mrmike. That is an interesting story and interesting wrap on those dubs! Nice to have you along! -Les

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jhmeg2 View Post
    Hello all!!! Well I changed the way my kit is setup a little. And I also added a stereo to work with a few things and to help teach. So here a a couple pics. So I now have 4", 6" and 8" Roto Toms, 12", 12", 13", 14"and 16" toms, 14" Snare, and a 21"x20" kick. Sorry for the angle, its hard to get good pics because of where they are setup...

Cool beans.. looks comfy! -les

User Info Menu

Hey Mrmike, Welcome to Drum Chat!

Wow, great story and beautiful kit you have there!! I have certainly never seen that finish before....and I think you may well find that they're Kellars...most of the 90's kits I've heard of are. At any rate, welcome to the nut house, and enjoy those drums!! ( like you wouldn't )
    Why do psychics have to ask you your name? And how come you never heard of a psychic winning the lottery?

User Info Menu

[IMG][/IMG]

User Info Menu

[IMG][/IMG]

User Info Menu

[IMG][/IMG]

User Info Menu

Those are great pix KG!!!!
    Signature here

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by mrmike View Post

Welcome to DrumChat!

Nice and very intriguing dws!!!
    Signature here

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jhmeg2 View Post
    Hello all!!! Well I changed the way my kit is setup a little. And I also added a stereo to work with a few things and to help teach. So here a a couple pics. So I now have 4", 6" and 8" Roto Toms, 12", 12", 13", 14"and 16" toms, 14" Snare, and a 21"x20" kick. Sorry for the angle, its hard to get good pics because of where they are setup...

Good job on the pix anyhow!

Kit is big isn't it?
    Signature here

User Info Menu

kay-Gee, those vintage drums are so unique I don't even know what to say except they're incredible. And the ability to play on the beach with that view is just heaven man! Look at that blue water!!! WOW!!

Oh, I like the scooter too!

User Info Menu

I did some kit change around today. It's different and temporary.

Signature here

User Info Menu

That looks tight bish! I like that set up.. I wanna get a 16" floor on the left side of my kit by the hats! -Les

User Info Menu

Well besides the inch of dust on my bass drum, here is what my drums look like today.....
    Attached Images Attached Images

User Info Menu

Hey everyone. Finally got some pictures of my kit. Originally it was a fusion setup (10,12,14) but I've currently been setting it up as a 4-pc. It also had a matching snare, but it got lost during my last move, unfortunately. The DW Brass fills in nicely though. Two of the pics are distorted, due to my ancient digital camera.

Gotta love that Pork Pie throne. It's comfortable though and that's all that matters, right?
    As of 1/7/09: Tama Starclassic Bubinga/Birch. 12", 14" 16" 20" DW Brass snare. Pearl Eliminator double bass pedal. DW 5000 hi hat stand.

14" Sabian AA Studio Hats
    16" Sabian AA Sound Control Crash-brilliant finish
    18" K Custom Dark Crash
    20" K Custom Hybrid Ride

Pork Pie Saddle (Purple on zebra stripe- so ugly no one will steal it!)

Sticks: Pro Mark 5A, Shira Kashi Oak