17" Stagg China
    P122 Double bass pedal

User Info Menu

Some of mine.
    Attached Images Attached Images

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

Beautiful drums Dave! is your kit triggered? It looks like the cymbals are whtie in color like the plastic triggered cymbals. iwant to do that with my sons kit so I am interested in discussing it with you if it is.

User Info Menu

oh my gosh dave B i think i just drooled all over my keyboard when i saw that brady snare, i have never heard of dunnett, but i bet its so amazing

User Info Menu

They're actually white Paiste 2oo2s & Signatures custom done for me a few years ago, but I might still be able to help with the e-cymbals thing if you want.

Coke_can, you should check out his metal snares if you ever want something a little different. Very thin shells with no conventional bearing edge.

User Info Menu

Oh, the kit's not triggered either. It's just a normal RCI acrylic kit.

The rest of the drums & cymbals are here - http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v601/DaveB/

ThePloughman Guest

Ive been through a lot of these pages since I started here, and you all have some very nice drums. These last posted are some of the nicest Ive ever seen. Thanks for sharing. And thank you all for the kind comments on my own.

User Info Menu

Thanks. Likewise, too. I love your wine ripple kit. I've always loved that finish.

User Info Menu

Just a few more, then that's it for now.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DaveB View Post
    Some of mine.
    Just a few more, then that's it for now.
    SWEET MONKEYS!!!!!!! dunnet, brady, craviotto....all amazing.

User Info Menu

DaveB!!!! Wow!!! Great collection!! I am curious about the size of the woodgrain Dunnet, and what it sounds like.
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

Le drools....NICE MAN!
    Paiste Posse
    14inch 2002 series Sound Edge Hi-hats
    16inch and 18inch Signature series Fast crashes
    20inch 3000 series Ride
    18inch PST5 series China

Pearl Forum Series drum set
    Pearl Chad Smith Signature snare(steel shell)
    Tama Iron Cobra Chrome

RIP Frank - You will be remembered

ThePloughman Guest

I was looking at your latest Craviotto snare drums. You are a fortunate man indeed.

User Info Menu

They're actually white Paiste 2oo2s & Signatures custom done for me a few years ago, but I might still be able to help with the e-cymbals thing if you want.

Coke_can, you should check out his metal snares if you ever want something a little different. Very thin shells with no conventional bearing edge.
    DaveB,
    Beautiful collection there!

Are those Paiste ColorSounds? I haven't seen them in years. I had a wonderful black ride (20") I think around '88-89. It had such a dry sound...it was great back then.

How would you say your crashes sound? I'm interested to know if they have a short decay?

If I am wrong & they are not ColorSounds can you take a minute to tell us what they are please since you did make mention of custom?

User Info Menu

I saw Ronn Dunnett introduced a new snare called the "SLEDGE". It's cast iron with no finish just laquered just showed at NAMM
    Last edited by R Fire; 01-24-2008 at 10:41 PM.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by R Fire View Post
    I saw Ronn Dunnett introduced a new snare called the "SLEDGE". It's cast iron with no finish just laquered just showed at NAMM
    this should be cool.

User Info Menu

Rust will be an issue with that drum I think...

ALL THE BEST...

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by kona View Post
    Nice kit!
    I love Yamaha drums - they make some really nice stuff. I almost bought a Custom Oak kit myself, but defaulted (because of nostalgia reasons) to a Gretach kit. I haven't got a hihat stand yet and I was looking at a Yamaha.

Like your setup - I'm slowly putting together a Gibraltar rack system.
    How do you like the rack?

The rack is pretty cool.
    I would recommend a rack to everyone. It saves soooo much space compared to using basic stands.

Quote Originally Posted by pastor_bob View Post
    Blacknight, you almost got lost in the glare of those Istanbul cymbals! I did want to say that you've got a nice kit there! It's got to be an optical illusion, but it looks like the ride is behind the crash on the left side of the pic. When I first saw it, I wondered how you were able to play it! BTW, shouldn't the stool be behind the kit? Just kidding!
    LOL
    no problem
    I fell in love with those Instabul cymbals also when I saw them.
    I had a nice set of U.F.I.P. cymbals till they were stolen.

The stool is for the keyboard player. I use a hydraulic throne.
    Here's a better pic of my set up to understand where everything is.

User Info Menu

Those drums are all so beautiful DaveB I love the finishes on them. That's one hell of an art collection you have there.

Ernie

User Info Menu

Feel a little silly posting my modest little kit after all these masterpieces have been displayed, but this is what I've got right now. I got it for a good price off ebay and it is fine for now while I'm shaking the rust off and getting back into drumming. I'm already craving some more/upgraded cymbals.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ernie S. View Post
    Feel a little silly posting my modest little kit after all these masterpieces have been displayed, but this is what I've got right now. I got it for a good price off ebay and it is fine for now while I'm shaking the rust off and getting back into drumming. I'm already craving some more/upgraded cymbals.
    That's a beaut Ernie (Pearls )....... I have the most modest little kit here by far (some wouldn't even call it a kit LOL), your set it a masterpeice compared to mine so don't feel silly

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ernie S. View Post
    Nice kit Ernie, I like the color, looks reall classy

User Info Menu

Blacknight, that's a nice set-up you've got there, and the stained galss window in the background just does something for a pastor's heart! I was curious about one thing. Is the little cymbal just to the righ of the hi-hat an upside down splash, or an upside down little china. It sort of looks like an upside down 6" splash, but I couldn't be certain.

Nice NA! That black should "pop" under some lights with that sparkle! I am confused though. Are you getting rack toms, or are you going with just the floors?

Ernie, I wouldn't feel bad about that kit of yours at all! That's a nice solid set-up. All you need is to upgrade the cymbals, and you are good to go!
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

Hey PB! Sorry for the confusion!!! The 10x14(not pictured) is my rack tom.

Setup will change due to the larger sizes, but full kit setup pics will be posted soon hopefully(once I decide on setup).

Thanks,

negativeattitude