Page 66 of 546 FirstFirst ... 1656646566676876116166 ... LastLast
Results 1,626 to 1,650 of 13638

Thread: Show Us Your Drums!

User Info Menu

Default Re: Show Us Your Drums!

Hmm...I can't seem to get my drum pix to post..is it immediate or do the moderators have to finalize/approve?

Thanks.

User Info Menu

You can either post pictures from a web based photo site or upload direct to Drum Chat. Drum Chat does have limits to the size you can upload. See the link below.

http://www.drumchat.com/newattachmen...7aae482bd6282a
    Now playing Gretsch and Slingerland Drums

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

That looks like an awesome setup!!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Destroyer View Post
    HOLA Como estas DESTROYER *CREATIVE ARTISTIC DRUMMER ARTIST (CAT) VERY COOL (ROJO CALIENTE))RED-HOT) *GRACIAS

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

And one more bigger shot. I found this 32" 1930 Slingerland bass drum in a music store window collecting dust...headless...with some sort of drumstick display thing sticking out of the top of the drum since it was on it's side and I bought it for $200.00. LUCKILY the guy had the hoops, and most of the hardware. I found some of the correct T-rods I needed on ebay, bought two heads and now playing it instead of some rinky-dink little store dis-playing it....little play on words there....lol.

The logo on the front is my Scottish Family Crest from the 6th Century A.D. That Lion/Dragon/Gargoyle creature in the middle of the crest shield translated from Celtic is a 'Destroyer'...hence my nickname. Kind of a family thing.

This picture of me was snapped at a gig at The Roseland Theater in Portland Oregon a couple of years ago.

Last edited by Destroyer; 05-11-2008 at 08:52 PM.

User Info Menu

And here's a combination of my 32" Slingerland bass drum with my 70's over size Rogers toms and 1918 Leedy 28" bass drum that I rebuilt from a rusty old single-tension rod set-up, resanded, drilled new holes and put new Ludwig double tension hardware, and recovered the three Rogers toms (That were originally black) and the Leedy in Curly Maple veneer wood. There's also another Rogers 18" floor tom if you look close at the picture, hiding behind the front floor. It's not a Script Logo Rogers. It's a newer tom, and it's White Pearl, and I use that with my 32" Slingerland monster kit. Also the Kenner 10 ply shell picollo snare drum you see in the picture I scratch built and used Pearl heavy hoops and a simple Ludwig throw-off for the snares...P-80 I think.

I was recording with Chris Crosby (Bing's nephew) Chas, Jason Bonham's old lead singer from BONHAM, A bassist, a 4 girl choral group, two keyoardists and two guitarists plus a title track featuring Todd Rundgren. We were at Graham Nash's studio Crossroads Of The World on Sunset in LA recording a 32 song Rock Opera titled 'Shine'. Another guy that sang was Willy Daffern from Captain Beyond who is a dear friend of mine and lives about 12 miles from me here in the NW. He and I are recording some metal originals in addition to my original rock band and my little funk trio.

Last edited by Destroyer; 05-12-2008 at 07:30 AM.

User Info Menu

Check out that awesome 18" rack tom with the chrome bottom. I took the old calfskin head off and bought a new black pinstripe head for it and it turned out to be a darn 18" head...unreal...It's a 1930 Slingerland marching drum of some kind. The old guy at the music store where I picked up the 32" kick had it and gave it to me for $50.00. Perfect match for the White Pearl bass drum too even though the man said he picked it up years before he bought the bass drum. He said he never thought anyone would really want to buy them to actually PLAY and he just thought they'd make nice little additions to his store-front window display!

I'm a slender 6'4" 210 lbs. with a long reach, so for me to play a huge kit is no problem.

Last edited by Destroyer; 05-12-2008 at 07:39 AM.

User Info Menu

Great looking kit Livewire! What's that finish called?

Destroyer, you have a taste for the eclectic it seems, but all really great stuff!!
    Why do psychics have to ask you your name? And how come you never heard of a psychic winning the lottery?
    Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

User Info Menu

thats a huge BD!!
    Dustin Lee Burgess
    Northfleet, England
    mapex mafia & paiste posse

User Info Menu

Thanks. yeah, the old vintage stuff still kicks and the 70's oversize Rogers sound great. I'm really a Maple nut, but my 'normal' Tama's are Birch, so I think I have all the bases covered. I'm also doing a little funk gig thang' and the Tama's are perfect for that situation.

My newest purchase is the Ludwig Bonham kit in clear maple. I have a picture of it somewhere and I'll see if I can post that.

User Info Menu

Geez, Destroyer, those are some enormous sets, I bet the sound is thunderous. Not bad.
    That's an 18" rack tom you said? What's it's depth?
    www.myspace.com/maudeephyfe
    The good times won't roll themselves
    Gretsch Renown Maple, Paiste Signature, Reflector, and Dark Energy

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 32ndHeartBeat View Post
    Geez, Destroyer, those are some enormous sets, I bet the sound is thunderous. Not bad.
    That's an 18" rack tom you said? What's it's depth?
    Well, the Rogers tom is 15" diameter. I don't remember the exact depth on it. I think that the Rogers toms are 14 and 15 racks and 18 floor.

I could probably google it to see. Then the 18" White Pearl drum depth could be ascertained. The Rogers/Leedy kit is in my storage about a mile from my floating home here in Portland, as is that big 18" tom.

My big Slingerland kit is at my Metal band's rehearsal space, my Tama's are at the rehearsal space for my Funk band and the Zep kit is in my original rock band's bass players studio. Oh, here. I found the pics of my Zep kit I was talking about.

Last edited by Destroyer; 05-11-2008 at 08:35 PM.

User Info Menu

This is when I first got them and was dinkering around with my rack set-up to just get it up and running, so the initial rack/cymbal placement looked kind of dorky, and I really wanted to use my 1/2 rack instead my double braced stands...so much easier to have a nice rack set up the way you like it....much easier than placing a bunch of big double-braced stands all over the place.

I might use this kit with three stands like John Bonham did every once in a while, just to alternate the look at different gigs etc....we'll see. I have tons of stands so it would be a shame not to utilize them sometimes, just for a change of pace.

I now have the rack better set up and more refined with 2 rides, one above the other, my 24", then my 22" and then a 20" crash stacked on top of those, then two splashes and 1 crash in the middle, staggered around, an 18 crash by the hat, and a 16" crash close to that, and then another 20" crash above the hat.

I'm also toying with the idea of bringing my family crest to the printers again and have him make me a smaller version of the one on my 32" kick, to use on the front head of my 26" Zep kick...Might be OK, as long as the Ludwig logo is visible. I'd like it to show.

And this is the promo picture on the net with the black head. I like my white head with the Ludwig logo..just looks more Bonham-ish...lol I found my kit at a music store over close to me for $600.00. Kick, Rack, and two floors only. That's my old Bonham Slingerland deep chrome snare in the picture of my kit at our studio.

Isn't it amazing that John Bonham only used like three cymbals and a set of hats. Paiste cymbals I think.

Whoever had these drums before me took very good care of them and all the heads are almost brand new clears, tops and bottoms, and the kick drum rear head is also clear.

I know one thing. I was looking on the net for this kit for a long time and these drums were very expensive new...2 grand or better on ebay and a couple of other equip websites, so I was very fortunate to find them slightly used and in excellent condition.....let alone 5 miles from my house at Trade-Up music here in Portland OR. Right under my very nose! Funny thing is, wasn't even going to stop in that music shop to have a look see around. Walked in, went upstairs....BAM! There they were but they had a sold tag on them. Man! So close!

Then the sales guy came around, saw me looking at them, and asked If I was interested. I said sure, but look, there's a sold tag on 'em. He looks where I'm pointing and he says, no, I was just about to take the tag off and put the sale sign back on...the cat called and said he changed his mind...can't do it. You KNOW what I did...lol! whipped out the old card and bought them right on the spot and packed them into my ride...

Now Trade-Up is my fav place. I buy all my sticks etc. etc. there now. They have great stuff...Used and new and some vintage drums too!

I'll take my camera and get some better shots of what my Zep kit currently looks like when I go to rehearsal next week, and then I'll post em'.

These pix are a bit fuzzy because I had the shutter speed wrong...I'm so low tech when it comes to electronics...camera's, mixers, mics...took me a while to learn how to post pix on here...Much thanks to the mods and other fine folks on here!
    Last edited by Destroyer; 05-11-2008 at 09:30 PM.

User Info Menu

Damn Destroyer, that bass drum looks like it can push the audience back a few feet. I love it! Killer kit!

User Info Menu

Thanks man!

User Info Menu

Very nice kits ya got there Destroyer! Love the family crest on the bass drum!
    Mapex Pro M Classic Plus
    Zildjian Armand Cymbals
    In the service of The King!

User Info Menu

Cool Re: Show Us Your Drums!

Dude, with those drums, you really are a "destroyer"--you'll blast everyone within a 50 foot radius! Look'n good, bro'!
    keep the beat goin' ... Don't keep it to yourself!

Charlie

"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away." --Henry David Thoreau, "Walden," 1854

"There's a lot to be said for Time Honored tradition and value." --In memory of Frank "fiacovaz" Iacovazzi

"Maybe your drums can be beat, but you can't."--Jack Keck

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Norske View Post
    Great looking kit Livewire! What's that finish called?

Destroyer, you have a taste for the eclectic it seems, but all really great stuff!!
    Thanks everone for your compliments.

Norske, the finish is Vintage Sun Burst in a gloss.
    I play, Gretsch Catalina Birch, 7 piece in the vintage sunburst finish.

RIP, Frank. You will not be forgotten. Missing you, mate

User Info Menu

Killer kits Destroyer!
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

Thanks guys! This picture will let you see the entire kit. This was when I first bought my Gibraltar rack a couple of years ago and I wanted to mate up my Tama rack toms, Tama 16" floor tom and my white 18" Rogers tom and set up my mix of Zildgian/Sabian/Paiste cymbals with two hat's, one remote on the outside of the floors. Before I added my family crest and cut the small mic hole.

I bought the rack from a guy that had it stored in his basement and it was dusty and all fingerprinted up. A couple of days after these pix were taken I polished it up and it shines like new now. That's called 'elbow grease'...lol Lordy they were grungy! I hate to see great equipment abused and forgotten...I guess I'm just a softie when it comes to orphaned drums and such...lol

I picked up a 1952 Gretch 'Round Badge' wood snare drum many years ago that was very amateurishly painted a horrible PINK fer' God's sake! Who would do such a thing? Makes me see red it pisses me so...Anyway...I took it all apart, sanded that crap off it and it was a beautiful Maple underneath! Threw all the old calfskin heads into a box for sentimental value (Still have those and the 28" Leedy calf skin bass drum heads..lol...Don't ask me why I hold on to them...I don't even know! Maybe because I grew up with them...No...NOT the calfs...), refinished it in it's natural Maple to a gloss finish, cleaned up/reinstalled the hardware/hoops etc, and play it today. It's a great sounding little drum and I think it likes me for saving it. It is the year I was born...perhaps that's why it's taken such a 'shine' to me.

This is at my drum storage room and you can just barely see the edge of my 22" Tama kick drum on the shelf to the right. Looks like a floor tom compared to the kick huh? lol. I was thinking of that, but I wouldn't want to drill floor tom legs and harware into a nice little bass drum. Could make a stand for it, but then decided to look for a Slingerland 20" floor tom. They made them in white pearl back then, but they are very rare. I've still got my eye on EBay for one. I would like to find some Slingerland rack toms in white pearl too, but they made them small, and I like the sound of my deep Tama rack toms.

I guess you could say I'm sort of a drum 'mechanic'....lol

Last edited by Destroyer; 05-12-2008 at 10:48 PM.

User Info Menu

Very clean looking set up Destroyer. I also like the reflected image on the kick. That's an awesome shot!
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

User Info Menu

This was at another Roseland gig last year. Tell me I don't look like a 55 year old Ginger Baker or Ming The Destroyer here!..Heh heh heh...Or Satan...Saints Preserve me!

Last edited by Destroyer; 05-12-2008 at 10:53 PM.

User Info Menu

I'm going with Ming the Merciless!