Page 527 of 546 FirstFirst ... 27427477517525526527528529537 ... LastLast
Results 13,151 to 13,175 of 13638

Thread: Show Us Your Drums!

User Info Menu

Default Re: Show Us Your Drums!

Yeah. The big pictures are a little obnoxious. I agree. I've been sending pics from my phone on to the DC site as a host. I haven't found a way to shrink the picture size on to DC site yet, and really don't know how to lower picture resolution on the iPhone. I guess I could take the picture, email it to myself in a smaller resolution, save that picture, then upload the new, smaller one.

User Info Menu

Very nice

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JuHiZz69 View Post

Pearl Vision VBL Concord Fade:
    - 22" x 18" bass (Just one for now.. Seeking for second..)
    - 8" x 7" tom
    - 10" x 8" tom
    - 12" x 9" tom
    - 14" x 14" floor tom
    - 16" x 16" floor tom
    - 13" x 6,5" Joey Jordison Signature snare

Cymbals:
    - 14" Sabian AAX Xplosion haikat
    - 21" Sabian AAX Raw Bell Dry ride
    - 18" Sabian AAX Xplosion fast crash
    - 16" Sabian AAX Xplosion fast crash
    - 14" Sabian AAX Xplosion crash
    - 8" Sabian AAX Splash
    - 20" Sabian AAX Chinese

Other stuff & Hardware:
    - Pearl PTM-10GH Tambourine
    - Tama Iron Cobra Powerglide HP900PSWN
    - Tama Iron Cobra Velo Glide HH805N
    - Tama Roadpro Boom HC84BW
    - Pearl S-900 Snare Stand
    - Pearl BC-900 Boom Cymbal Stand
    - Pearl C-900 Cymbal Stand
    - Pearl CH-70 Cymbal Boom Arm
    - Pearl CH-70 Cymbal Boom Arm
    Updated: New tom arrived.. New pics..!
    Pearl VBL Concord fade (22" bd, 8"-10"-12"-14"-16" tt)
    Pearl JJ1365 Joey Jordison signature snare
    Sabian AAX cymbal setup (14" X-plosion hats, 8" Splash, 14" Crash, 16"-18" Fast Crashes, 18" China, 21" Raw Bell Dry Ride)
    Tama Iron Cobra douple pedal (powerglide) and HH-stand (flexi glide)

User Info Menu

I like the blue to black fade ^^^^

User Info Menu

Here's a front view of my Jungle kit from last nights gig. In an ongoing attempt to make my stage footprint smaller and loading easier, I decided to try something different. I bought a Sound Percussion grabber attachment/cymbal stacker assembly from GC. I attached the grabber clamp/short boom arm onto the back side of the boom arm that holds the ride cymbal. I then used it to position my 16" crash over the floor Tom. I then attach anothe grabber clamp with a long boom arm onto the hi-hat stand. I used that one to mount my 14" crash. I then stuck the cymbal stacker on that one and mounted the 10" splash over the 14" crash. It worked out wonderfully! I eliminated 2 cymbal stands, which made a BIG difference on stage room. We could really pack the guitar amps in close. It doesn't seem like much, but when you're trying to fit 7 guys and equipment into a 7'x12' space, every inch counts, LOL. As for the drums, I LOVE this little kit! I could play it all night. I have no clue why, but it sounds fantastic...better than my Concept Maples in some respects. In small rooms/bars it allows me to play with full force (getting the full tones out of them) and not overpower the room. The bar owner last night told me that my "little drums" sound better than any of the other bands that have ever played there. I can't believe how well they turned out for being throw-away, garage sale shells. I think the auto trunk paint/coating I put on the inside of the shells may have something to do with it. Anyway, enough bragging...here's the picks;

-Brian

"Too many crappy used drum stuff to list"

Play the SONG......not the DRUMS!!!

"I think that feeling is a lot more important than technique. It's all very well doing a triple paradiddle - but who's going to know you've done it? If you play technically you sound like everybody else. It's being original that counts." ~ John Bonham

User Info Menu

Here is a few photos from last night's gig. DWs, Black Beauty, mix of K Customs and Constantinoples.

Last edited by drummer5359; 04-24-2016 at 06:02 PM.
    -Mike

"We don't stop playing because we grow old.
    We grow old because we stop playing."

"I wish that my playing reminded people of Steve Gadd. But they seem to confuse me with his little known cousin... E."

"Snare drums happen."

User Info Menu

Nice shots. You are clearly having a lot of fun.
    Proudly playing:
    Doc Sweeney Drums
    A bunch of snares
    A bunch of cymbals

Off-Set double pedals

I think I love to play the drums simply because you get to hit 'em!!!

User Info Menu

Very cool,beautiful kit ,is that silver sparkle,I'm a sucker for sparkle kits

User Info Menu

These are my old Tama Superstars. I had them for while around the mid 2000's. Stopped playing in the metal band and had no further use for them.

[IMG][/IMG]

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by myk View Post
    Very cool,beautiful kit ,is that silver sparkle? I'm a sucker for sparkle kits
    Thanks, it is the "Broken Glass" finish, which is made with actual crushed glass. I bought this finish because of how it reacts to lighting.

This band uses a lot of lighting effects, so it really stands out.

Last edited by drummer5359; 04-26-2016 at 01:47 PM.
    -Mike

"We don't stop playing because we grow old.
    We grow old because we stop playing."

"I wish that my playing reminded people of Steve Gadd. But they seem to confuse me with his little known cousin... E."

"Snare drums happen."

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JuHiZz69 View Post
    Updated: New tom arrived.. New pics..!
    Nice kit! Finish looks killer!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by N2Bluz View Post
    I think the auto trunk paint/coating I put on the inside of the shells may have something to do with it.

Looks great Brian! Gretsch's "Silver Sealer" makes a huge difference in "That Gretsch Sound"...running theme. Somebody here referred it to as silver fence paint.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by drummer5359 View Post
    Thanks, it is the "Broken Glass" finish, which is made with actual crushed glass.
    Nice gig pics Mike!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slimdelight View Post
    These are my old Tama Superstars. I had them for while around the mid 2000's. Stopped playing in the metal band and had no further use for them.

[IMG][/IMG]
    Nice!!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slimdelight View Post

[IMG][/IMG]
    I'd like to take those for a test drive!
    Quote Originally Posted by rickthedrummer View Post
    There is intelligent life out there. The problem is that there isn't any here.

-Mike

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by late8 View Post
    Looks great Brian! Gretsch's "Silver Sealer" makes a huge difference in "That Gretsch Sound"...running theme. Somebody here referred it to as silver fence paint.
    I read somewhere that "Silver Seal" was actually surplus cold galvanized paint that Gretsch got from a steel fence company down the street. Not sure if it's true, but it definitely looks like grey Zinc paint!

Notice the small amp with the light bulb in the second pic (the one they're messing with)? That's actually a 10 watt tube powered Newcomb mono record player with detachable 12" speaker and aux inputs from the 1960's. It's like what the school systems used to play records for PE class and such. My brother bought it for $20 on a church garage sale. I removed the turntable portion from the top and made a louvered cover for it. The thing absolutely screams, LOL. It has that perfect Blues tube amp/overdrive sound. We have several Fender re-issue tweed tube amps (Blues Deluxe, DeVille,etc.) and it sounds as good or better than any of them. Surprisingly loud as well. More than enough volume for a small venue.
    -Brian

"Too many crappy used drum stuff to list"

Play the SONG......not the DRUMS!!!

"I think that feeling is a lot more important than technique. It's all very well doing a triple paradiddle - but who's going to know you've done it? If you play technically you sound like everybody else. It's being original that counts." ~ John Bonham

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by -bongos- View Post
    I like the blue to black fade ^^^^
    Thanks, I like it too.. I've always liked fade colors generally.. Especially that concord fade got me..
    Pearl VBL Concord fade (22" bd, 8"-10"-12"-14"-16" tt)
    Pearl JJ1365 Joey Jordison signature snare
    Sabian AAX cymbal setup (14" X-plosion hats, 8" Splash, 14" Crash, 16"-18" Fast Crashes, 18" China, 21" Raw Bell Dry Ride)
    Tama Iron Cobra douple pedal (powerglide) and HH-stand (flexi glide)

User Info Menu

Before & After shots of my $50 craigslist buy Mapex Pro M

User Info Menu

My Mapex Prodigy traded an $80 Electric guitar for this, I never used the guitar anyway Lol. This is currently my Studio kit.

User Info Menu

Nice trade. Amazing really!

User Info Menu

Playing around with set up for church this Sunday. It's going to be me and an acoustic guitar. Just going to play this set up with brushes. 16" Breakbeats kick, 14" free floater snare, 18" K Custom Dark Crash and my old school 14" Zildjian hi hats

User Info Menu

Re-configure & a strip down & clean

Untitled by Kevin Frost, on Flickr

User Info Menu

Now if that mat would have said Chevrolet it would be awesome. Just kidding of course, great looking Yamaha's. I set my Gretsch Renown's up the same way. Love a 6 piece kit.
    Now playing Gretsch and Slingerland Drums

User Info Menu

I just love that Tama SLP Snare Kevaruka... it was a great choice! I use that all day long! So snappy

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by topdog63 View Post
    Playing around with set up for church this Sunday. It's going to be me and an acoustic guitar. Just going to play this set up with brushes. 16" Breakbeats kick, 14" free floater snare, 18" K Custom Dark Crash and my old school 14" Zildjian hi hats

Good luck............I just did a couple of services with an extremely small setup...........good to change it up once in a while, but I like playing on a full kit much better.