Page 32 of 546 FirstFirst ... 2230313233344282132532 ... LastLast

Thread: Show Us Your Drums!

User Info Menu

I think the toms look a lot deeper than they are.... could just be me though.
    Thats the way, uh huh, uh huh, I like it.

User Info Menu

I thought the same thing... If the sizes are all like that, shouldn't they be like a perfect cylinder?
    www.myspace.com/maudeephyfe
    The good times won't roll themselves
    Gretsch Renown Maple, Paiste Signature, Reflector, and Dark Energy

User Info Menu

I think it's some kind of illusory photo...
    Thats the way, uh huh, uh huh, I like it.

User Info Menu

Could be, then again I'm not too great at the whole mathematical or engineering side of drum building, so it could be something foreign to me.
    www.myspace.com/maudeephyfe
    The good times won't roll themselves
    Gretsch Renown Maple, Paiste Signature, Reflector, and Dark Energy

User Info Menu

The toms do look deeper. It's probably the tilt angle that makes them look deeper but, yeah, those are the correct sizes.
    I paid 9000 Deutche Marks in 1984 (around $2700) for the five piece. I paid $1100 for the 12 and 16 in 2001. They discontinued the "Signature" series in 1997. The 5 piece cost something ridiculous ($9600?).
    I'd like to get enough for them to buy a 7 piece Premier kit and maybe a trigger pad or 2. Maybe something used...
    I'v got 14" Zildjian New Beat Hi hats, A 20" Sabian rock ride, 20" Zildjian crash/ride, 16" and 18" Zildjian crashes, 19" Zildjian Amir crash, 8 & 10 Sabian splashes, 18" RanCan China

User Info Menu

Weird - I lost my reply. Where'd it go?
    The drums do look deeper, huh? Maybe it's the tilt angle (?). But, yeah, those are he sizes.
    I bought the 5 piece in 1984 for 9000 Deutsche Marks ($2700 then - with free shipping courtesy of Uncle Sam) and paid $1100 for the 12 and 16 in 2001. They discontinued the Signature series in 1997. The 5 piece was going for some absurd amount then (around $9600). I special ordered the 5 piece so they were all oversized.
    I've never played anything else like it. They're cannons!
    I play Zildjian New Beat Hi-hats - 14", 16 & 18 Zildjian crashes, 19" Zildjian Amir crash, 20" Zildjian crash ride, 20" Sabian Rock Ride, 8 and 10" Sabian splashes, I added a Tama Iron Cobra double kick (my first one!) a while back.
    My goal is to learn how to use it before I start collecting social security.

User Info Menu

Got my new add-on tom 7x8, LOVIN IT.

<p>

nutha jason Guest

it grows and shrinks with how much energy i have for loading it in the car everyweek.

here is a video view of it (excuse the music - the DJ was soundchecking)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_rGKZwOtcs

and here are some pics.

it was inspired by bonzo and a bit of billy ward in there too. (got the DVD and met the man) i've lowered my left crash a bit since then (see the video)

reconditioned pearl forum. free floating snare with 40 strand wire.

16'' 2002medium crash
    19'' 2002 rock crash
    22'' 2002 heavy ride
    on this pic a 8'' zildjian splash
    and a 8.5 incj bell chimei made by cutting down a hihat

User Info Menu

Heres my Tama rockstar fusion kit, midnight blue. I just picked up a 6.5x13 metalworks snare thats not in the pics. drums are a little dusty in the pics from playing outdoors the night before.

User Info Menu

Cool Beave, and nice action shots!!
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

Thanks, ill have more after New Years.

User Info Menu

Just a Pearl Export I bought back in 2000 for $200 bucks. Spent more on heads than the kit since then.

24" x 18"
    18" x 16"
    14" x 12"
    14 x 5.5" ludwig supraphonic

No pillows, dampeners or stuff like that. I'm trying these Aquarian heads right now but they're a bit too muffled. I like Ambassador coated on the toms.

Psyched about the Vistalite I'm getting next week. This kit will soon be my backup.

User Info Menu

I've been looking at all these awesome kits all day...great stuff from everybody!

I don't think I noticed any other Taye set so I'm going to try to put up some photos of mine now.

My photos are not taken from a mirror reflection... meaning yes, I do play left handed! (Any other southpaws out there)?

My feelings on drums: Size does matter! ... and the smaller the better! (but not for bass drums).

What I've learned over the years is that smaller drums are so much easier to control when recording... and as far as live shows go, you're going to be using a PA so no need to have giant drums & huge cymbals as far as I'm concerned (but I did have my share circa '88).

What you see is a 22x18, 8x5, 10x5.5, 12x6, and a 14x14. These are all Taye Sudio Maples and the 14x6.5 snare is a Black Panther Walnut. The sound is simply amazing! Great shells = great sound.

I hope they look as good as all the other great kits I've seen here.

http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/g...inka/Taye1.jpg
    http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/g...inka/Taye2.jpg
    http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/g...inka/Taye3.jpg
    Last edited by Shinka; 12-29-2007 at 10:32 PM. Reason: type error

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by morbid koala View Post

Just a Pearl Export I bought back in 2000 for $200 bucks. Spent more on heads than the kit since then.

24" x 18"
    18" x 16"
    14" x 12"
    14 x 5.5" ludwig supraphonic

No pillows, dampeners or stuff like that. I'm trying these Aquarian heads right now but they're a bit too muffled. I like Ambassador coated on the toms.

Psyched about the Vistalite I'm getting next week. This kit will soon be my backup.
    Welcome to Drum Chat MK! Nice Pearl kit you've got there. I'll look forward to seeing the Vistalite when you get it!
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

User Info Menu

Shinka, nice Tayes! The finish is similar to my own Gretsch Catalinas. Hope you are having as much fun with yours as I am with mine!

User Info Menu

Wow, some more nice kits up in here....... I'm slightly jealous

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pastor_bob View Post
    Shinka, nice Tayes! The finish is similar to my own Gretsch Catalinas. Hope you are having as much fun with yours as I am with mine!
    Thank you!
    I actually had a bunch of fun with them today because as I was spending time trying to get my chops in order, my youngest son (5yrs old) came in the room to dance for me. That was a priceless moment for me!

User Info Menu

wow shinka that is an incredible set wow

User Info Menu

Hey ya'll...new guy here. Been playing for about 10 years now (drums have been in storage the past 3 though). Bought this set in '99 for $800...came with everything but the cymbols which I have upgraded (came with a cheap Paiste and a Zildjian which both cracked). Since then, I've gone through several heads and several cymbols. I play hard rock/metal (Metallica mostly).

These pictures are 3-4 years old...so please excuse them. I actually plan to re-arrange my room and set them up again tomorrow.

6-piece Pearl Export Series
    -Sabian/Zildjian
    -DW5000 double-bass pedals
    -Ahead aluminum drum sticks!

User Info Menu

Thank ya, brother. I'll be looking forward to it as well!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ATC View Post
    Hey ya'll...new guy here. Been playing for about 10 years now (drums have been in storage the past 3 though). Bought this set in '99 for $800...came with everything but the cymbols which I have upgraded (came with a cheap Paiste and a Zildjian which both cracked). Since then, I've gone through several heads and several cymbols. I play hard rock/metal (Metallica mostly).

These pictures are 3-4 years old...so please excuse them. I actually plan to re-arrange my room and set them up again tomorrow.
    Did that price include that kick pedal ya have?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by morbid koala View Post
    Did that price include that kick pedal ya have?
    Yes. Came with everything. Even mutes for all drums (including bass) and cymbols. Only thing I've put into it is one cymbol stand, the B8 cymbol pack and a Zildjian splash.

6-piece Pearl Export Series
    -Sabian/Zildjian
    -DW5000 double-bass pedals
    -Ahead aluminum drum sticks!

User Info Menu

Hey...Great kit there ATC....
    Welcome to the community....

You got Iron Cobra there ??
    My Kit :
    TAMA Imperialstar Midnight Blue
    REMO Encore Heads....
    Meinl Cowbell