Page 520 of 546 FirstFirst ... 20420470510518519520521522530 ... LastLast
Results 12,976 to 13,000 of 13638

Thread: Show Us Your Drums!

User Info Menu

Default Re: Show Us Your Drums!

Quote Originally Posted by topdog63 View Post
    Forgot to add my snares
    How do you like that Concept Maple snare? What heads are you using and how do you have it tuned, if I may ask?
    -Brian

"Too many crappy used drum stuff to list"

Play the SONG......not the DRUMS!!!

"I think that feeling is a lot more important than technique. It's all very well doing a triple paradiddle - but who's going to know you've done it? If you play technically you sound like everybody else. It's being original that counts." ~ John Bonham

User Info Menu

Tama Silverstar VL 6-Piece Hyper-Drive in Galaxy Silver Burst

Aut Viam Inveniam Aut Faciam
    "I shall either find a way or make one"

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by gdmoore28 View Post
    That's a beautiful kit there, topdog! And I very much like the way you have it set up, too. Including the nice cymbal collection. Very comfortable looking. Have you thought about mounting an old-fashioned cymbal arm/mount to the bass drum for your ride cymbal? Same positioning comfort, plus the benefit of having a "free" cymbal stand to play with.

GeeDeeEmm
    Thanks GD! I thought about a bass drum cymbal mount but I'm still playing around with set up stuff. You know us drummers always changing stuff. Lol. I had it set up as a 4 piece and just recently added the 12" Tom in there and 2 of the cymbals are new to me the 18" A medium crash and and 18" A thin crash (with a sizeable chunk missing out of it). So I'm really just experimenting
    "Don't let your pride swell....you may have to swallow it one day!"- Unknown

God made Cops so Firefighters could have heroes!

Quote Originally Posted by pastor_bob View Post
    I'm waaaay past having any major parts of my body exposed. Believe me, it wouldn't add anything to the show!
    Proud member of PHROGGE's Aquarian Army

Zildjian League

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by N2Bluz View Post
    How do you like that Concept Maple snare? What heads are you using and how do you have it tuned, if I may ask?
    I didn't like the Concept Maple out of the box. I played with tuning a bit then swapped the heads. Since I'm not looking at it right now I can't remember what batter head I put on there, I think it's a coated emperor over a Hazy 500 reso. I have it tuned high cause I like a lot of pop and stick response. Sounds great as does the whole Concept Maple kit. I'd put this kit against just about any other kit out there for its tonal qualities

I'm waaaay past having any major parts of my body exposed. Believe me, it wouldn't add anything to the show!

Zildjian League

User Info Menu

Just went and looked cause it was bothering me. I have a coated emperor x on there. Lol

Zildjian League

User Info Menu

Very nice kit Powertrip.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Powertrip240 View Post

Very nice! Love that gun metal looking sparkle finish!
    MAPEX - SABIAN - PEARL - VIC FIRTH

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by topdog63 View Post
    I didn't like the Concept Maple out of the box. I played with tuning a bit then swapped the heads. Since I'm not looking at it right now I can't remember what batter head I put on there, I think it's a coated emperor over a Hazy 500 reso. I have it tuned high cause I like a lot of pop and stick response. Sounds great as does the whole Concept Maple kit. I'd put this kit against just about any other kit out there for its tonal qualities
    I didn't like mine at first. The guys at GC (it was a floor model) had the snare tuned extremely high. It had massive ring. I stuck some adhesive backed vinyl on the bottom of the batter head and tuned the snare side medium low with the batter about medium high. It sounds and plays pretty good now, but has a lot of sympathetic buzz from the 10" tom. I'm thinking about getting a new snare head...just don't know which one. I like the whole kit, but haven't messed with it enough to get it all "dialed in".
    -Brian

"Too many crappy used drum stuff to list"

Play the SONG......not the DRUMS!!!

"I think that feeling is a lot more important than technique. It's all very well doing a triple paradiddle - but who's going to know you've done it? If you play technically you sound like everybody else. It's being original that counts." ~ John Bonham

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by wOOdshedd View Post
    Very nice! Love that gun metal looking sparkle finish!
    I agree very nice. Your kit is very close to mine as far as cym. and drum placement. It's even left handed.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by N2Bluz View Post
    I didn't like mine at first. The guys at GC (it was a floor model) had the snare tuned extremely high. It had massive ring. I stuck some adhesive backed vinyl on the bottom of the batter head and tuned the snare side medium low with the batter about medium high. It sounds and plays pretty good now, but has a lot of sympathetic buzz from the 10" tom. I'm thinking about getting a new snare head...just don't know which one. I like the whole kit, but haven't messed with it enough to get it all "dialed in".
    My snare sat untouched for sometime because I was playing my wood hoop PDP as my primary. Then the wood hoop snare needed some cleaning and tune up on the throw off and such so while that was down I got the Concept snare dialed in. I really do like it now but I ended up getting my DW black nickel over brass and the Spaun acrylic in a super sweet CL deal and they became my go to snares. Just got the orange snare a couple days ago. It's an old MIJ "Lyra" brand snare ( i believe Lyra later turned into Pearl). The wrap is bubbled in spots, some of the plies are starting to come apart but with new heads and a tune it's one of the best sounding snares I've ever heard, nice and warm tone.

Zildjian League

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Powertrip240 View Post

Great looking kit. I want a Tama hyperdrive really bad. Love the shallow toms and they sound pretty good too.
    DW Performance Series
    Peavey Radial Pro RBS-1
    Roland TDW-20

Gibraltar rack system
    Sabian AA/AAX/HHX/Vault
    Tama pedals

User Info Menu

Just picked this 3pc Gretsch Catalina Club Special Edition Kit last week. I thought it was pretty cool wrap concept on it.

User Info Menu

8 months ago I got the PDP Concept Maple in Red to Black Sparkle Fade to replace my previous Tama Imperialstar kit. Love the quality for the price of this. A month later I also bought a set of XS20s to replace the B8s I got to replace the Meinl HCS's that came with the Tama kit.

User Info Menu

Here is a recent shot of me behind my DWs at a show.

And set up at a different gig...

And here it is in full setup. (Too much to carry!)

User Info Menu

gorgeous kit

User Info Menu

Who's that barbarian babe playing your drums in the last pic?

User Info Menu

Great looking kit drummer5359.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SpazApproved View Post
    gorgeous kit
    Quote Originally Posted by inthpktplayer View Post
    Great looking kit drummer5359.
    Thanks guys! I have several other nice kits, but this one often gets the nod with this band as we use a lot of lights and it responds well to lighting.

Quote Originally Posted by noreastbob View Post
    Who's that barbarian babe playing your drums in the last pic?
    They had this logo and banner before I joined the band, it is on t-shirts and merchandise sold at shows. It is a big hit in certain circumstances, not so much in others. We play "bike nights" in the summer months and those t-shirts sell like crazy at those events for some reason. On the other hand we have a venue that didn't want to re-book us because of that logo on our promotional posters. We use different promotional posters for their shows now which made them happy.

I prefer the simple "horned HB" logo like I have on my bass drum these days. We use both logos as appropriate.
    Last edited by drummer5359; 12-18-2015 at 11:49 AM.

User Info Menu

Pretty kit. I love love love a nice glass glitter
    Last edited by G-man; 12-18-2015 at 10:57 PM.

User Info Menu

Soft spot for glass glitter wraps!! Nice drum set!
    MAPEX - SABIAN - PEARL - VIC FIRTH

User Info Menu

Along with the tamer promotional material, you could change the name of the band to "Helen Baak."

Beautiful kit.

GeeDeeEmm

User Info Menu

nice kits everyone.
    Have you got you're ticket for the rock train? You gotta earn that Ticket!!

Premier Genista - Pearl Masters - Primus custom snare - Zildjian A Custom- DW 5000 pedal - Zildjian Zack Starkey sticks

I play lead Drums

User Info Menu

My best friends.

Camera is never in reach at moments like this. Had to share.
    Proudly playing:
    Doc Sweeney Drums
    A bunch of snares
    A bunch of cymbals

Off-Set double pedals

I think I love to play the drums simply because you get to hit 'em!!!

User Info Menu

^Great pic JohnnyG. I have to share mine. This was my Gracie Girl (RIP), an 11 year old English Bulldog. Had to put her down two years ago. Cancer got her. I was taking pics of the the Premier kit to post here when she came out and sat down next to it. Miss her dearly....

User Info Menu

Set up & waiting to be whacked

Untitled by Kevin Frost, on Flickr