Page 72 of 546 FirstFirst ... 2262707172737482122172 ... LastLast
Results 1,776 to 1,800 of 13638

Thread: Show Us Your Drums!

User Info Menu

Default Re: Show Us Your Drums!

What's up people?

New guy in town with the obligatory first post. Let's see if I can figure this out in three strikes or less.

Kit: 2002 Yamaha Maple Custom Absolutes, Vintage Natural, fitted with Gibraltar's take on Gauger Mounts; all toms have Aquarian Studio-X batter, Classic Clear reso

10x9 (currently not in use)
    12x10
    14x12
    22x18

Snares: I only own two, both are Ayotte custom, 8 ply with reinforcement hoops

12x7 steelhoop, Red Walnut Satin finish
    13x8 woodhoop, African Walnut Satin finish

The beater set: 1998 Yamaha Stage Custom in Raven Black

8x8
    10x9
    12x10
    14x12
    16x14
    22x16

Cymbals: Sabian

In use right now: 13 AAX Fusion Hats, 19 AAX Metal Crash, 20 AA Medium Ride, 20 AA Dry Ride

Other: 18 HH Thin Crash, 18 HH Thin China, 18 RADIA China, 13 AA Fusion Hats, 9 RADIA Cup Chime, 8 AAX Splash

Sticks: Prefer Vic Firth AC 5A/ 5B, I have Pro-Mark 5As I'm working through gradually
    Attached Images Attached Images

User Info Menu

http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/j.../FranksKit.jpg

MrB...Welcome to the Drum Forum!! That's a terrific set of Ayotte's you have and I know the sound and quality. The link above will show you my pride and joy...1964 Ludwig Classics. I bought them in that year and have played them ever since...44 years now.
    You have the right idea about the Forum and I also encourage you to read some of the Threads and posts to get an idea of the Scope of the forum. Our membership is Global and we are a pretty good bunch of Guys and Ladies. We are all about drums and drumming and delight in sharing what we know to anyone who asks. Hope to see you around!!

User Info Menu

Thank you for the warm welcome! Sleek and elegant kit sir- anything that's survived that long is truly special.

User Info Menu

Welcome to Drum Chat MrB! Beautiful Yammie Kit, and those Ayotte snares are gorgeous too! I'm a real sucker for drums that show the woodgrain!
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

Hello good sir! I know next-to-nothing about Gretsch. The shop I worked at in my teen years was just opening, and only dealt Yamaha and Noble & Cooley. Yet, it seems ye also appreciate the honey-enhanced glow of maple (unless that's a birch Gretsch kit I presume thou is seated at).

The New Classics caught my eye, albeit I was disappointed to see that they do not make a 22x18, 13x9, and 16x16 New Classic kit in Ivory Marine Pearl.
    Last edited by MrB; 06-03-2008 at 01:17 AM.

User Info Menu

Whoa nice brunette man, she's hot!

User Info Menu

Hey Mr. B , nice lookin set of drums .

Welcome to the forum , just make yourself at home .

User Info Menu

Welcome to Drumchat, MrB.

Beautiful kit you have there.
    Signature here

User Info Menu

Those are some beautiful drum kits there people! I love the natural finishes as well, there's just something elegant about wood grain and you can never go wrong with a stipe or two on drums!!
    Mapex Pro M Classic Plus
    Zildjian Armand Cymbals
    In the service of The King!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MrB View Post
    Hello good sir! I know next-to-nothing about Gretsch. The shop I worked at in my teen years was just opening, and only dealt Yamaha and Noble & Cooley. Yet, it seems ye also appreciate the honey-enhanced glow of maple (unless that's a birch Gretsch kit I presume thou is seated at).
    You are correct MrB. It is indeed a Gretsch Catalina Maple kit with what they call a Deep Amber finish. And yes, that is me at the kit, even though my presence tends to take away some of the beauty!
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

Welcome MrB, gorgeous drums there!

User Info Menu

those are amazing mr b.
    play till the day i die. it makes more sense that way.

"You should set up your drums around the toilet. You know you must use it everyday and lets be realistic, nothing better is going on when your sitting on there. Why not take care of business and play the drums." silver dragon sound

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by wonder1 View Post

"Yellow Hip-Kits".
    Very Old Tama Swing-Star 16"Floor converted to Kick!(Plus Home-made Pedal Bracket)
    10"Yamaha Snare
    8"&10" Pearl Tom
    Cable Hi-Hat,Pearl Double Pedal
    HOLA COMO ESTAS WONDER1 *CREATIVE ARTISTIC DRUMMER ARTIST(CAT) VERY COOL SET-UP YOUR TRAPS (CANS) (SKINS) (DRUMS) LOOK GREAT GRACIAS

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by KiwiMapexDrummer View Post
    OK, I finally got around to finding the photos I took of my kit. Since taking these I've moved my splash around to near my hats.

HOLA COMO ESTAS KIWIMAPEXDRUMMER *CREATIVE ARTISTIC DRUMMER (CAT) VERY HOT * FINISH(COLOR ) YOUR TRAPS look BEAUTIFUL *

User Info Menu

Great stuff, I love them all!
    DW Collectors
    Vintage Superstars
    Roland TD-20
    Misc. Snares
    My Web Site

User Info Menu

Thank you all, ye very friendly people. Time to hunting through the thread for pictures of your kits. I fell out of my chair when I saw the yellow DW forest in Hawaii.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MrB View Post
    What's up people?

New guy in town with the obligatory first post. Let's see if I can figure this out in three strikes or less.

Kit: 2002 Yamaha Maple Custom Absolutes, Vintage Natural, fitted with Gibraltar's take on Gauger Mounts; all toms have Aquarian Studio-X batter, Classic Clear reso

10x9 (currently not in use)
    12x10
    14x12
    22x18

Snares: I only own two, both are Ayotte custom, 8 ply with reinforcement hoops

12x7 steelhoop, Red Walnut Satin finish
    13x8 woodhoop, African Walnut Satin finish

The beater set: 1998 Yamaha Stage Custom in Raven Black

8x8
    10x9
    12x10
    14x12
    16x14
    22x16

Cymbals: Sabian

In use right now: 13 AAX Fusion Hats, 19 AAX Metal Crash, 20 AA Medium Ride, 20 AA Dry Ride

Other: 18 HH Thin Crash, 18 HH Thin China, 18 RADIA China, 13 AA Fusion Hats, 9 RADIA Cup Chime, 8 AAX Splash

Sticks: Prefer Vic Firth AC 5A/ 5B, I have Pro-Mark 5As I'm working through gradually
    HOLA COMO ESTAS MRB CREATIVE ARTISTIC DRUMMER ARTIST(CAT) VERY HOT TAMBORES (BEAUTIFUL) AND WELCOME TO THIS very HOT
    DRUM CHAT FORUM PLACE ,ALOT of Very COOL CREATIVE OPEN MINDED
    ARTISTIC DRUMMER ARTIST (CATS) & (CATRESS) HERE **
    HERE ARE My BEAUTYS ****

http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/d...N/100_0578.jpg

http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/d...N/100_0933.jpg

http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/d...N/100_0937.jpg

http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/d...N/100_0581.jpg

http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/d...N/100_0585.jpg

http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/d...N/100_0238.jpg

http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/d...N/100_0239.jpg

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ThePloughman View Post
    Picked these up on ebay two weeks ago...

16x18, 8x12, 9x13, 14x14 on legs. Rogers 1984 XP8, all original, 400.00 BIN. Worth three times that right now.

HOLA COMO ESTAS THEPLOUGHMAN*CREATIVE ARTISTIC DRUMMER ARTIST(CAT) THATS A HOT FIND * VERY COOL TRAPS**GRACIAS

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Yom View Post
    I was doing some recording today in the garage and took this photo, I think it looks pretty cool :-)

Also, I bought some Vic Firth Isolation Headphones recently, mostly for practising with because I think practising with a metronome is really useful. Let me tell you they come VERY recommended from me. Incredibly comfortable and they cut out so much noise. Recording today I could hear the click clear as a bell and it made it the easiest recording session I've ever done, despite being technically some of the most difficult songs I've ever recorded. I even did one song in a single take and that's never happened before!!
    HOLA COMO ESTAS *YOM*CREATIVE ARTISTIC DRUMMER ARTIST (CAT) GREAT FINISH *BEAUTIFUL *SET UP **GRACIAS

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by timezoner View Post
    I love the luddies but I feel they would look better off the rack with a jungle of cymbal stands surrounding them. Racks yet easy to set up look way too modern for such a beauty.

Actually, Timezoner, I don't have them on a rack...I think the line that apears to go across the top of the toms is actually from the banner. All my toms are stand mounted....6 toms on 3 stands (2 each). I also have 1 cymbal stand coming out of each kick...where the toms where originally mounted, but I wanted to take some of the stress off the kicks.

User Info Menu

hey "SD" over on the other page, think I was talkin' bout destroyers luddies... they are on a rack!

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

Gorgeous drums! Looks like you might be a pro player.

Welcome to the forum Suffocation.

User Info Menu

Hey Suff....

Now I know where I'd seen these kits before. Welcome to DrumChat.
    Signature here

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by STICKSWIZZARDDRAGON View Post
    HOLA COMO ESTAS THEPLOUGHMAN*CREATIVE ARTISTIC DRUMMER ARTIST(CAT) THATS A HOT FIND * VERY COOL TRAPS**GRACIAS
    Nice, are those 2002 paiste cymbals... Because if they are, they probably sound amazing, However play with no bounce.. am i right?
    "If I dont practice for one day, my brother can tell. If I dont practice for two days, the audience can tell. We cant all be Buddy Richs'!"[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]