Page 535 of 536 FirstFirst ... 35435485525533534535536 LastLast
Results 13,351 to 13,375 of 13399

Thread: Show Us Your Drums!

  1. #13351

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: Show Us Your Drums!

    Last weekend I sold 3 kits (Yamaha SCB, Crush Acrylic, and Pearl VSX) while I had a horrible flu, which made for an interesting time. I put a few bucks in the bank and added this beauty as my gigging kit.

    DW Design Satin Black - 10/12/16/22/14 Snare. (+Yamaha Copper main snare and LP 18" Street Can)





    Website with free full song transcriptions: redeyepercussion.com
    Youtube channel with covers, lessons, and product reviews: youtube.com/RedeyeSPR

  2. #13352

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: Show Us Your Drums!

    Nice kit but I'm surprised you gave up the Yamahas. Oh, I just realized those were SCB. You still have the MCAN kit don't you?

  3. #13353

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: Show Us Your Drums!

    I do still have the MCANs. I am contemplating just getting a Keller shell 16" floor tom and having someone stain it a close blue and be done with it. I am going to start using that kit regularly for my YouTube videos and get it off the shelf it's been living on for the past couple of years.

    Website with free full song transcriptions: redeyepercussion.com
    Youtube channel with covers, lessons, and product reviews: youtube.com/RedeyeSPR

  4. #13354

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: Show Us Your Drums!

    Very nice!!

  5. #13355

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: Show Us Your Drums!

    Quote Originally Posted by Texdrumr View Post
    Set up and ready for my gig tonight. About to melt some faces with two-steppin' music...

    [IMG][/IMG]
    Randy that is just stunning!!

  6. #13356

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: Show Us Your Drums!

    Quote Originally Posted by Redeye View Post
    I do still have the MCANs. I am contemplating just getting a Keller shell 16" floor tom and having someone stain it a close blue and be done with it. I am going to start using that kit regularly for my YouTube videos and get it off the shelf it's been living on for the past couple of years.

    When did you change your screen name?

  7. #13357

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: Show Us Your Drums!

    Quote Originally Posted by inthpktplayer View Post
    When did you change your screen name?
    When I decided to start posting again, I requested the change. My name before was my full first and last name, which I'm not comfortable using any longer. I had students' parents googling my name and finding old threads here then confronting me with stuff I said 5 years ago. I use Redeye everywhere else online, so it made sense.
    Website with free full song transcriptions: redeyepercussion.com
    Youtube channel with covers, lessons, and product reviews: youtube.com/RedeyeSPR

  8. #13358

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: Show Us Your Drums!

    ^ Stupid parents lol
    19pc Yamaha Maple Custom Vintage | 12pc PDP X7 Sparkle Orange | 9pc Ludwig Jr. wine red | 8pc Pork Pie ZebraWood | 6pc Sonor | 5pc Orbitone | 4pc Sonor Martini | 39 Snare drums and growing!

  9. #13359

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: Show Us Your Drums!

    If I want to know what I said 5yrs ago, I just ask my wife...
    -Brian

    "Too many crappy used drum stuff to list"

    Play the SONG......not the DRUMS!!!

    "I think that feeling is a lot more important than technique. It's all very well doing a triple paradiddle - but who's going to know you've done it? If you play technically you sound like everybody else. It's being original that counts." ~ John Bonham

  10. #13360

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: Show Us Your Drums!

    Ah, anonymity....................not always a bad thing.

  11. #13361

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: Show Us Your Drums!

    Quote Originally Posted by isaacvining View Post
    It has been a good amount of weeks since I've been here! Had to come share my new lovely set of circles:

    Attachment 13483
    I like your style, sir!
    A simple, elegant design is good engineering.

    Axis | Ayotte | Evans | Gibraltar | Ludwig | Pro-Mark | Remo | Roc-N-Soc | SKB | Taye | Vic Firth | Whitney| Yamaha | Zildjian

  12. #13362

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: Show Us Your Drums!

    DW Design again. There are more in the DW thread if anyone is interested.

    Website with free full song transcriptions: redeyepercussion.com
    Youtube channel with covers, lessons, and product reviews: youtube.com/RedeyeSPR

  13. #13363

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: Show Us Your Drums!

    How do you like the rim click add on for your snare?
    19pc Yamaha Maple Custom Vintage | 12pc PDP X7 Sparkle Orange | 9pc Ludwig Jr. wine red | 8pc Pork Pie ZebraWood | 6pc Sonor | 5pc Orbitone | 4pc Sonor Martini | 39 Snare drums and growing!

  14. #13364

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: Show Us Your Drums!

    Quote Originally Posted by SpazApproved View Post
    How do you like the rim click add on for your snare?
    The Russ Miller Groove Wedge. I like it - with some qualifiers.

    9baa2846522627296a7c2b50a248eb9c.jpg

    The main thing it helps with is rim knocks when I don't want to (or don't have time to) turn the stick around to butt end first. This actually comes up several times a night for me. The knocks sound the same with the shoulder of the stick as they do with the butt. In general, they sound slightly more full than a triple flange hoop, and really no better than a die cast hoop. It fits on 13" and 12" drums, so there is a big help there if needed.

    All of this makes it worth the $40 I paid for it. Since Russ Miller has left Yamaha and gone to Mapex, they have stopped making these. They go regularly for $100 on eBay and Reverb and the other used sites, which is totally ridiculous and no where near worth that amount.
    Website with free full song transcriptions: redeyepercussion.com
    Youtube channel with covers, lessons, and product reviews: youtube.com/RedeyeSPR

  15. #13365

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: Show Us Your Drums!

    Quote Originally Posted by Redeye View Post
    The Russ Miller Groove Wedge. I like it - with some qualifiers.

    9baa2846522627296a7c2b50a248eb9c.jpg

    The main thing it helps with is rim knocks when I don't want to (or don't have time to) turn the stick around to butt end first. This actually comes up several times a night for me. The knocks sound the same with the shoulder of the stick as they do with the butt. In general, they sound slightly more full than a triple flange hoop, and really no better than a die cast hoop. It fits on 13" and 12" drums, so there is a big help there if needed.

    All of this makes it worth the $40 I paid for it. Since Russ Miller has left Yamaha and gone to Mapex, they have stopped making these. They go regularly for $100 on eBay and Reverb and the other used sites, which is totally ridiculous and no where near worth that amount.

    +1...........I use the "Jingle" wedge and it is great IMO.

    Current prices are absolutely ridiculous...............you would think someone would make a cheaper version

  16. #13366

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: Show Us Your Drums!

    Quote Originally Posted by Redeye View Post
    DW Design again. There are more in the DW thread if anyone is interested.

    Nice! Great set up.

  17. #13367

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: Show Us Your Drums!

    Quote Originally Posted by inthpktplayer View Post
    Nice! Great set up.
    +1.
    Fancy jingly stuff all over the cymbals. Fun.

  18. #13368

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: Show Us Your Drums!

    My up dated Gretsch Catalina mini mod 'Black Widow'set. Gretsch only made them for a couple of years. I did the matching rack mount and BD graphics & lighting. Oh, I forgot, you gotta have the spider web bd claws!

  19. #13369

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: Show Us Your Drums!

    And. . . . .

  20. #13370

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: Show Us Your Drums!

    And front:

  21. #13371

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: Show Us Your Drums!

    Drum sizes Octobans are 6"x11" & 11"3/4/toms 10"x7 & 12"x8/fl tom 14"x12/bass drum 20x20/ snare 13"x6".

  22. #13372

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: Show Us Your Drums!

    Nice!!!!

  23. #13373

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: Show Us Your Drums!

    That's too cool Doc! Great job man...

  24. #13374

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: Show Us Your Drums!

    Quote Originally Posted by late8 View Post
    That's too cool Doc! Great job man...
    Thanks much,late!

  25. #13375

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: Show Us Your Drums!


Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •