Page 221 of 546 FirstFirst ... 121171211219220221222223231271321 ... LastLast
Results 5,501 to 5,525 of 13638

Thread: Show Us Your Drums!

User Info Menu

Default Re: Show Us Your Drums!

Quote Originally Posted by rabidpenguin45 View Post
    Just recently I've changed my set-up. I got rid of the 10 inch rack tom, flattened everything out and changed cymbal placements. This set-up is actually extremely fun to play on and I really am enjoying it so far.

Looks great, RP! First time I've seen a Catalina Maple in the 1 up 2 down config.
    Matt

User Info Menu

Nice setup RP really cool..
    "PLAY IT LOUD AND PLAY IT PROUD":

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by dave0549jv View Post
    Finally got home, finally found my camera, finally used it to snap a few quick ones of my lowly exports

I'm almost done with my new, FINISHED drum room... I'm looking forward to getting out of this dungeon..
    Dave, I love the look of that kit! Those lugs really give it a vintage look, and the finish looks cool. We'll need to see pics of the new digs when it's finished!
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

Great looking kit, and set up RP, but since those are Gretsch Catalina Maple drums, there appears to be one missing!
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

dave0549jv Guest

Quote Originally Posted by pastor_bob View Post
    Dave, I love the look of that kit! Those lugs really give it a vintage look, and the finish look cool. We'll need to see pics of the new digs when it's finished!
    Why thank'y bob! i have to say, they sound pretty good to me. and i'll be sure to post some pics of the new and improved drum dungeon soon. i'm actually quite pleasantly surprised to see how handy i am... i figured i'd burn the place down at least twice in the process but so far so good!

dave0549jv Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Sopranos View Post
    Here is an update to my home studio - I've added acoustic foam, an Apogeee Duet Audio Interface, an iMac with Logic Pro Studio and Superior Drummer 2.0 (and Kontakt 5), monitors and a midi keyboard controller.

Here are a few pictures of the foam journey - and thanks to all who have posted their experiences and advice for me to work from.
    thats a pretty sweet setup ya got there. i'm working on one myself, and i was thinking about putting up some foam almost exactly the way you did. but i was kinda reluctant to just glue it to the walls, but you figured that part out! great idea with the cardboard... hope you dont mind if i steal it

would it be rude if i asked where you got that foam? did ya get a good deal on it? would you reccomend it??

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pastor_bob View Post
    Great looking kit, and set up RP, but since those are Gretsch Catalina Maple drums, there appears to be one missing!
    Thank you, and at times it feels a little weird not having that 2nd rack tom, but dropping it does allow more space and just to help keep everything a little "tighter". No hard feelings with the 10 inch tom, just I don't find it necessary to have in there right now.
    Gretsch - Tama - Pearl - Sabian - Zildjian - Stagg - Evans - Vater - Gibraltar

User Info Menu

just catchin up on about 4 pages worth of drums and wow............very nice sets
    slot # 1

In support of l e i g h ' s campaign..............DC Record for Most Users Online
    BE COUNTED!
    http://www.drumchat.com/showthread.php/dc-record-most-users-12079p2.html

CHARTER MEMBER OF PHROGGE'S AQUARIAN ARMY

The Zildjian League
    Zildjian Vintage A Team

RIP Frank.............thanks for being part of my journey

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rabidpenguin45 View Post
    No hard feelings with the 10 inch tom, just I don't find it necessary to have in there right now.
    RP, I'm glad to hear there are no hard feelings, because just today your 10" tom was telling me what a great guy your are!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by dave0549jv View Post
    thats a pretty sweet setup ya got there. i'm working on one myself, and i was thinking about putting up some foam almost exactly the way you did. but i was kinda reluctant to just glue it to the walls, but you figured that part out! great idea with the cardboard... hope you dont mind if i steal it

would it be rude if i asked where you got that foam? did ya get a good deal on it? would you reccomend it??
    Thanks so much, all!

Dave - Not rude at all and I am happy to help in any way I can! I used about $300 worth of Auralex studio foam (1ft x 1ftx 2" tiles/panels) on the bottom portion of the room and 3 bass traps up in the corners.... I basically treated 3 of the 4 walls in the room as the closet takes up 1 wall. I used some left over panels to make diamond shape patterns on the front and back walls..... all was purchased at my local GC for a pretty good package deal and no tax (since I bought it at the same time as the Apogee Duet and Monitors). I first mounted cardboard (about $10 worth of large boxes from Home Depot) to the wall with screws and then mounted the foam to the cardboard with spray adhesive - so not to damage my walls for future removal. I had researched the various ways to go about mounting the foam and came up with this one as the others that I found did not suit my taste. Please feel free to use it and I can let you know first hand that it works great. I must say, I first ordered a 12 pack of Foam by Mail .com 2" wedge to sample their foam and it just wasn't enough for me - it had a terrible odor (chemical) that wouldn't really go away and it was not nearly as dense and good looking as the Auralex. However, I probably would have been happy with it if I didn't take it to GC to test/compare it against the Auralex. Looks aside, the performance was clearly superior in the Auralex. With that said, the Foam by Mail is about half the price and would still serve some benefit and even look better than nothing.

I got a couple of other inquiries so I thought I would shed some light on the foam/acoustics:

The foam is in NO WAY used to soundproof the room, rather, it drastically improves the acoustics within the room for recording or listening purposes. While it does help with sound absorption (therefore, naturally reducing noise spillage a bit), it is mainly for helping with reflections and eliminating echoing while playing acoustic drums. Before using the foam I could talk or clap and hear quite a bit of echo and it just sounded "hollow". Now, having used the foam it sounds completely quiet and the drums sound PHENOMENAL..... clean, crisp, clear, deep, thumpy and dream-like. Think of it as using moongel, rings, or tape on your room acoustics rather than your drums. So now, I can have my drums wide open without muffling rings or bass drum pillows and I don't have any unwanted ringing or resonating sounds. It really makes a HUGE improvement.... I'd imagine you could make a cheap drumset sound pretty good in a treated room like this - and at the same time you can make a high end expensive kit sound pretty crappy in a hollow garage. I do not attempt to soundproof the room... only to make the acoustics better sounding within the room. Hope this helps!

User Info Menu

Hello all! Names Sam, here is the latest addition to the fam. A 2007 PDP CX Jazz Fusion In black onix. Love the kit, cant wait till the new heads come in!! Woohoo, My other kit is an older Tama rockstar Pro in translucent amber, ill post pics of that when i get any good ones!

And some work on the Bass, to try and cover up what the last owner had done to the poor thing

User Info Menu

Last two pics...
    Did the cardboard you put on the walls come with the sound tiles or did you just take a bunch of old boxes and cut to size?

User Info Menu

Welcome to Drum Chat Symyn240! Nice set up you've got there!

I see that neither the main snare, nor the side snare are kit snares, so maybe you can tell us about those.

User Info Menu

Cherry Sparkle Saturns

E Drums !! !

There are no loud instruments just loud players !

Protect Your Hearing !!!!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 2slow View Post
    Cherry Sparkle Saturns

mmmmmmmm tasty.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by scott757 View Post
    Did the cardboard you put on the walls come with the sound tiles or did you just take a bunch of old boxes and cut to size?
    Hey Scott - I found some pretty good size moving boxes for $1.25 each at Home Depot.... I cut each one open to about 6 ft x 3 ft. (actually about 1/4" less than 3 ft so I wouldn't have cardboard visible or sticking out from my foam line). All of the cardboard (boxes) cost me less than $10. I also mounted cardboard under the corner foam bass traps and diamond foam patterns on the upper half of the walls.... again, cutting the cardboard slightly smaller than the foam design so that I wouldn't have any visible cardboard on the foam edges.

Hope this helps! Let me know if I can help out in any way.

User Info Menu

Hey Scott - I found some pretty good size moving boxes for $1.25 each at Home Depot.... I cut each one open to about 6 ft x 3 ft. (actually about 1/4" less than 3 ft so I wouldn't have cardboard visible or sticking out from my foam line). All of the cardboard (boxes) cost me less than $10. I also mounted cardboard under the corner foam bass traps and diamond foam patterns on the upper half of the walls.... again, cutting the cardboard slightly smaller than the foam design so that I wouldn't have any visible cardboard on the foam edges.

Hope this helps! Let me know if I can help out in any way.
    Cool. It'll be a long time before I have something like that of my own. But it never hurts to plan ahead.

User Info Menu

Sam, welcome to DC! what type heads are you waiting on? just curious, the right heads are hard to choose from all that are out there. and as you already found out ...we all like pics....
    Enjoy the Music!

HOOKED ON VINTAGE ROGERS

12 tom times 3
    13 tom times 3
    16 floor tom 3
    22 BD times 2
    24 BD 1
    Dyna-sonic snare 1976
    Dyna-sonic snare 1969
    Powertone snare 1969
    24 x 12 Djembe

21" K Hybrid custom ride
    21" Avedis ride
    20" Zildjian 1970 ride
    18" A Custom Zildjian fast crash
    17" A Custom Zildjian med crash
    15" A Custom Zildjian Reso hats
    10" A Custom fast splash
    18" A Custom China
    LP Cowbell baby..always more cowbell

Member of "PHROGGES AQUARIAN ARMY"
    The Zildjian League

Drum Chat's Record for Most Users Online
    BE COUNTED!

User Info Menu

alright john! so you finally get a chance to play em huh? you pumped?
    ZildjianLeague/LP/Aquarian/Mapex/Pearl
    Snares: 4
    RIP- Frank, Wolvie, Les Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Pearl MCX Man View Post
    I wish I was your wife
    Quote Originally Posted by amdrummer View Post
    if double bass is cheating then so is using two sticks

Forum Rules
    DrumBum
    No metronome?
    The Rudiments

User Info Menu

That kit is absolutely gorgeous 2slow!! I can just imagine how that would look under stage lighting!

User Info Menu

Thanks all! I am waiting on Evans EC2 coated heads for this set, just got the Super kick II and am waiting on the Evans Emad coated and Emad reso to get here, not sure what kit i will be using the kick heads on yet, both have the same size kick.

I have a few snares that i like to mess around with, the two in the pics are;
    A 14" PDP Acrylic Trucker girl snare with weatherking batter and pork pie reso.
    And a Tama 13" Artwood pico snare with the stock Tama/Evans head and stock reso.

I like to have options
    Last edited by Symyn240; 10-03-2009 at 12:36 AM.

User Info Menu

i think my heart just skipped a beat.
    ZildjianLeague/LP/Aquarian/Mapex/Pearl
    Snares: 4
    RIP- Frank, Wolvie, Les Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Pearl MCX Man View Post
    I wish I was your wife
    Quote Originally Posted by amdrummer View Post
    if double bass is cheating then so is using two sticks

Forum Rules
    DrumBum
    No metronome?
    The Rudiments

User Info Menu

Just a couple of more views of the Ludwigs
    Attached Images Attached Images

User Info Menu

Veafer, nice clean setup. Mine is about the same with my Tamas, but only 4 piece. I might try to find a 14" FT to make it 1 up 2 down like yours. Or I might go back to 5 piece, not sure yet. Definitely like moving less drums!!!!!

What Ludwigs are they? What do you have for cymbals?
    Jesse

1986 Tama Crestar - Lacquered Piano White
    2016 Roland TD-25K
    2015 Tama Starclassic B/B - Indigo Blue Sparkle

User Info Menu

Jessie. thanks for the kind comments.....The kit is a Accent CS LC225 14-13-16-16-22(took out the mounted 12. add the 16 FT)....with the basic set of Zildjan ZBT's rock cymbals..all I need for "garage band" playing.....has the 400 series Ludwig hardware, considering I hav'nt set behind a kit for almost 25 years, I'm pretty impressed with whai I got for the money. its been a good time relearning alot of stuff......lol I am actually very surprised that,with a daily practice of maybe no more than 30 minutes or so,how the chops came back.....rudiments really do help.....or mayby it was the hours I had spent on them years ago.who knows?????but its been a fun ride the last few months, thats for sure.......