Page 257 of 546 FirstFirst ... 157207247255256257258259267307357 ... LastLast
Results 6,401 to 6,425 of 13638

Thread: Show Us Your Drums!

User Info Menu

Default Re: Show Us Your Drums!

those look nice !! I would have loved to run across them . I don't know much about Premier except they make some good drums. Did you get the tom mount for the bass drum?
    Ludwig Classic Maple vintage 1980 Silver Sparkle
    Ludwig Classic Maple vintage 1960 Gold Sparkle
    Ludwig Classic Maple vintage 1968 Champagne Sparkle
    Premier Resonators vintage 70's Polychromatic Red
    Slingerland 60's Vintage. Vintage Sky Blue Pearl
    Slingerland 1972 "Avante" Red
    Camco Chanute vintage. 1973 Silver Sparkle
    Gretsch Catalina Jazz. Blue Pearl
    Sonor Safari. Black Galaxy
    Rogers Londoner V vintage. 1977 Silver Mist
    Rogers Script Badge 9/72 1972 Black Nitro
    Beverley of England 4 piece vintage. Red
    Stewart 1966 Black Diamond Pearl MIJ
    Vintage Paiste 2002
    Vintage Avedis Zildjian

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by VIbes View Post
    those look nice !! I would have loved to run across them . I don't know much about Premier except they make some good drums. Did you get the tom mount for the bass drum?
    Sadly not,the guy didn't have it a local store can order 1 for me but i think i will mount the 12" on a snare stans as i do with my other kits,I got the shells for $200 which isn't bad it sounds great i replaced the batter heads with Aquarian Studio X coated and kick with Aquarian Super Kick II coated..I have a 1988 Premier 10"x14" snare that will sit nice with it i think..Thanks for the reply.
    "PLAY IT LOUD AND PLAY IT PROUD":

User Info Menu

So you have a Premier snare ! that's great. Yes, I agree about the tom on a stand. I like that set up. That's a killer 4 piece Premier set!!!
    I have a Camco Chanute 22" Bass Drum and 8x12" tom. I am on the look out for a Chanute or Oaklawn Floor tom. I was barely outbid on a Oaklawn 16 x 16" floor tom a couple weeks ago on Ebay. It was missing a leg but had all the top lugs and leg mounts. Paint was all flakeing off. I could have refinished and re-wraped it to match pretty easy. Ohhhh welll. I need camco lugs for my Bass and tom but those come up on ebay a lot. Just don't want to invest in that right now. Have ludwig lugs on the batter side of the bass and tom. The Camco snares I have seen on ebay and elsewhere are hundreds of dollars. Will probably have to hope one pops up on craig's list or just run across one I can afford eventually. Maybe you guys can keep an eye out for me for a floor tom. I would appreciate it.
    Ludwig Classic Maple vintage 1980 Silver Sparkle
    Ludwig Classic Maple vintage 1960 Gold Sparkle
    Ludwig Classic Maple vintage 1968 Champagne Sparkle
    Premier Resonators vintage 70's Polychromatic Red
    Slingerland 60's Vintage. Vintage Sky Blue Pearl
    Slingerland 1972 "Avante" Red
    Camco Chanute vintage. 1973 Silver Sparkle
    Gretsch Catalina Jazz. Blue Pearl
    Sonor Safari. Black Galaxy
    Rogers Londoner V vintage. 1977 Silver Mist
    Rogers Script Badge 9/72 1972 Black Nitro
    Beverley of England 4 piece vintage. Red
    Stewart 1966 Black Diamond Pearl MIJ
    Vintage Paiste 2002
    Vintage Avedis Zildjian

User Info Menu

Sure will..something might come up this side of the world..I'd love that Ludwig you have really nice

User Info Menu

I don't have a kit, but ran through this entire thread while waiting for my account to be activated, and may I just say that I have been drooling at some of the kits here. There are some incredible drums around!

User Info Menu

Welcome to Drum Chat Allandra! That's the fun part about this thread. The cool part is to see just how many different looking kits are out there. In the end, though, it's all about getting a kit, and playing your heart out.
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

Allandra, also welcome! its good to always have fresh new faces and thoughts to this site! we are all very accomdating here and easy to talk to. enjoy the music!
    Enjoy the Music!

HOOKED ON VINTAGE ROGERS

12 tom times 3
    13 tom times 3
    16 floor tom 3
    22 BD times 2
    24 BD 1
    Dyna-sonic snare 1976
    Dyna-sonic snare 1969
    Powertone snare 1969
    24 x 12 Djembe

21" K Hybrid custom ride
    21" Avedis ride
    20" Zildjian 1970 ride
    18" A Custom Zildjian fast crash
    17" A Custom Zildjian med crash
    15" A Custom Zildjian Reso hats
    10" A Custom fast splash
    18" A Custom China
    LP Cowbell baby..always more cowbell

Member of "PHROGGES AQUARIAN ARMY"
    The Zildjian League

Drum Chat's Record for Most Users Online
    BE COUNTED!

User Info Menu

Welcome to DC Allandra..

User Info Menu

Welcome Allandra!

You went through this WHOLE thread?? That must've taken a while!
    Matt

User Info Menu

Here is the set I currently play.

It is a set made by Canwood with maple shells.

The cymbals are a variety. Jack DeJohnette Signature Ride. Paiste 602 and 2002 crashes and Istanbul hi hats.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Remember the 3 Ps: Patience, Persistence & Productive Practicing (OK, I guess that would be 4 Ps)

User Info Menu

Where did you get your seat? looks comfortable
    Sabian-Remo-PDP

User Info Menu

Welcome to Drum Chat ksearcy!

What a beautiful set of drums, and you've topped it off with great cymbals! How long have you been playing?
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

User Info Menu

Thanks for all of the welcomes! And yes, it did take several days to get through the entire thread - but it was a lot of fun seeing all of the different styles. One day maybe I will have something to add!

User Info Menu

Welcome to DC Allandra and ksearcy. Tons of wood here to drool over

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ksearcy View Post
    Here is the set I currently play.

It is a set made by Canwood with maple shells.

The cymbals are a variety. Jack DeJohnette Signature Ride. Paiste 602 and 2002 crashes and Istanbul hi hats.

Let me know if you have any questions.

I love Canwood drums. When I was younger the local shop had a set in black cherry. What a beautiful kit. You dont see to many of them around anymore.

One question, is that the matching kick, or is that just the angle making it look different?

User Info Menu

Awesome kit, ksearcy! I love that finish. Welcome to Drum Chat!
    Matt

User Info Menu

Fell across this website for this drum company. Man what a reinvention of the drum kit. Moleculesdrums. Curious what are everyone's thoughts.
    http://www.moleculesdrums.com/PHOTOS...ition=download

User Info Menu

It's an interesting look. I'd have to hear them.

User Info Menu

I checked out their website. They have some audio and they sound kinda weird. I have to admit though....they look AWESOME!
    Matt

User Info Menu

A more official and current picture of my setup, and I guess I'll add a bit of and intro since I didn't add much to my other post.

Well lets start off with my set, it's a Tama Superstar with birch shells I believe, and 7 ply(at least most of it?). I have evans onyx heads all around, and evans G1's I believe for reso. My kick is an EMAD, and it's just the regular Tama reso head. For pedals I got the Pearl Eliminator DD(which are amazing, by the way). And as for cymbals, I have(not very good might I add) planet Z hihats, and a planet Z 18" ride, a ZHT 16" fast crash, 16" a custom crash, and an 18" china.

I got it roughly 2 years ago as a present and took lessons for 2 weeks, 2 lessons and then I quit and never touched my drums till about..well December or November. Originally I had all stock heads on it, and only the hihat and ride you see in the picture, the other stuff added was all over a period of about a month.

User Info Menu

Can you imagine finding cases???!?

They remind me of a bullfrog...

User Info Menu

That's a cool stain on you kit Ksearcy, are they all the same brand though? The hardware looks slightly different on the kick than on the rest of the toms.

I don't know if I could play directly in front of a mirror though, I'd like start making faces at myself and then get too distracted to actually practice. ha
    All the Best,
    Tom

Drums:
    Ddrum Dominion Dorian 5-piece Kit
    24x18 kick
    13x9 mounted
    14x14 floor
    16x14 floor
    14x4.5 Ludwig Acrolite
    14x11 Custom Yamaha marching snare on floor tom legs

And in the end, it's not the years in your life that
    count. It's the life in your years. --Abraham Lincoln

User Info Menu

That's a gorgeous finish on those drums ksearcy! And I too have noticed that the kick drum looks like a different finish with different hardware, and on a second look the reso head does say Premier
    Mapex Drums | Zildjian and Meinl Cymbals | Evans Drumheads | Pro Mark Drum Sticks

dave0549jv Guest

Those Molecule drums are pretty interesting. The have a very "basketball bouncing off a wood floor" kinda sound. I suppose you'd save money on reso heads in the long run.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DrummerC View Post
    A more official and current picture of my setup, and I guess I'll add a bit of and intro since I didn't add much to my other post.

Well lets start off with my set, it's a Tama Superstar with birch shells I believe, and 7 ply(at least most of it?). I have evans onyx heads all around, and evans G1's I believe for reso. My kick is an EMAD, and it's just the regular Tama reso head. For pedals I got the Pearl Eliminator DD(which are amazing, by the way). And as for cymbals, I have(not very good might I add) planet Z hihats, and a planet Z 18" ride, a ZHT 16" fast crash, 16" a custom crash, and an 18" china.

I got it roughly 2 years ago as a present and took lessons for 2 weeks, 2 lessons and then I quit and never touched my drums till about..well December or November. Originally I had all stock heads on it, and only the hihat and ride you see in the picture, the other stuff added was all over a period of about a month.

Welcome to Drum Chat DrummerC!

The wrap on your kit looks great! All the best to you as you move forward in your drumming.