Results 10,276 to 10,300 of 13638

Thread: Show Us Your Drums!

User Info Menu

Default Re: Show Us Your Drums!

Been lurking for a bit ,love all the new kits on here
    heres my latest 2001 Starclassic 100%birch

User Info Menu

Good to see you posting again Bubingabill. If memory serves, your last pics were of a Tama B/B kit, right? If so, then is this a swap of kits, or is this an addition to the collection? It sure is a beautiful kit!
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

Thanks PB,Acually i was told by the salesman at this little shop
    my 5 piece was a b/b,then i saw this 5 piece 100% birch kit that looked
    alot like my b/b kit, low and behold i had a birch kit,not really dissappointed
    i love this,these,kits,i just wish the salesman was more knowledgable,i played an export kit and swingstar kit, for twenty years so this is a great upgrade for me

User Info Menu

Not sure if I ever showed my ekit here before, but until my DW's come in...here's what I'm currently playing with.

TD-20 w/ TDW-20 upgrade, CY-5 and CY-8 add-ons, Pearl double-pedal.

DW Performance Series
    Peavey Radial Pro RBS-1
    Roland TDW-20

Gibraltar rack system
    Sabian AA/AAX/HHX/Vault
    Tama pedals

User Info Menu

I set up my PDP's in my back drum storage room and have been playing them the last week or so. Even though they are a few years old and were there lower end drums. I think the refinishing with 4 applications of tung oil inside and out and 4 coats of Lacquer, plus decent heads have made these Drums sound pretty darn good. I may take these out on a gig one day soon. The Acrolite fits right in with these.
    Ludwig Classic Maple vintage 1980 Silver Sparkle
    Ludwig Classic Maple vintage 1960 Gold Sparkle
    Ludwig Classic Maple vintage 1968 Champagne Sparkle
    Premier Resonators vintage 70's Polychromatic Red
    Slingerland 60's Vintage. Vintage Sky Blue Pearl
    Slingerland 1972 "Avante" Red
    Camco Chanute vintage. 1973 Silver Sparkle
    Gretsch Catalina Jazz. Blue Pearl
    Sonor Safari. Black Galaxy
    Rogers Londoner V vintage. 1977 Silver Mist
    Rogers Script Badge 9/72 1972 Black Nitro
    Beverley of England 4 piece vintage. Red
    Stewart 1966 Black Diamond Pearl MIJ
    Vintage Paiste 2002
    Vintage Avedis Zildjian

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Digital View Post
    Not sure if I ever showed my ekit here before, but until my DW's come in...here's what I'm currently playing with.

TD-20 w/ TDW-20 upgrade, CY-5 and CY-8 add-ons, Pearl double-pedal.

Nice e-kit Digital. Actually, since it's a TD-20, "nice" doesn't even begin to do it justice!

Quote Originally Posted by VIbes View Post
    I set up my PDP's in my back drum storage room and have been playing them the last week or so. Even though they are a few years old and were there lower end drums. I think the refinishing with 4 applications of tung oil inside and out and 4 coats of Lacquer, plus decent heads have made these Drums sound pretty darn good. I may take these out on a gig one day soon. The Acrolite fits right in with these.
    Cool looking kit Vibes. Way to resurrect a kit!
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

User Info Menu

Happy Drumming!

IS15

User Info Menu

A friend took a few pics of my kit right before the New Years Eve gig started. Tama Silverstar, paired down to a 5-piece to fit the gig.

User Info Menu

Cool lighting! Set looks great.
    Jesse

1986 Tama Crestar - Lacquered Piano White
    2016 Roland TD-25K
    2015 Tama Starclassic B/B - Indigo Blue Sparkle

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by kona View Post
    I received information from a Gretsch historian regarding the painted shell. Back in the day - early 50's - Gretsch did paint some drums Cadillac Green OVER white plastic. This was before Gretsch introduced Cadillac Green Nitron (Gretsch's plastic) wrap. So it looks like my drum was made just before the introduction of the Cadillac Green Nitron wrap of 1954. This drum could have been made in 1954 as well - or before that.....I don't know for sure because there is no date-stamp in the shell.
    It is pretty obvious to me, once I heard about the paint over white plastic, that my drum was spray painted over white plastic. The white underlayer shows through on some small gouges in the painted shell and I could it in the lug holes too. I took some macro photos and zoomed in close on the photos - no doubt about it.

Small gouges down to plastic wrap in shell

The drum with Gretsch family members in the drum room
    That's great info and research Kona... (sorry I'm a month late...lol). So Nitron would be considered the wrap and not the painted Cadillac green color.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by nighthawk11 View Post
    A friend took a few pics of my kit right before the New Years Eve gig started. Tama Silverstar, paired down to a 5-piece to fit the gig.

I'm sorry but this is just beautiful. Well, all the kits on this page are really. But this one stands out and goes well with the surroundings.
    ZildjianLeague/LP/Aquarian/Mapex/Pearl
    Snares: 4
    RIP- Frank, Wolvie, Les Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Pearl MCX Man View Post
    I wish I was your wife
    Quote Originally Posted by amdrummer View Post
    if double bass is cheating then so is using two sticks

Forum Rules
    DrumBum
    No metronome?
    The Rudiments

User Info Menu

this is for poeple that ask for it the last couple weeks
    i was so busy lately

anyway there is the update of my baby

i mist my set so much when i got flood (ekit doesn't replace it)

R.i.P. FRANK YOU WILL BE REMEMBER AS A GENTLEMAN

how to attach an image http://www.drumchat.com/showthread.p...ures-7721.html

FRENCHY

User Info Menu

Man I love that drumcage you built for the kit, great work with that one. Whole lot of cymbals, a lot of different sounds to choose from. What's that tom to the far left? Did you add on with another series or find a matching pro m?
    ZildjianLeague/LP/Aquarian/Mapex/Pearl
    Snares: 4
    RIP- Frank, Wolvie, Les Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Pearl MCX Man View Post
    I wish I was your wife
    Quote Originally Posted by amdrummer View Post
    if double bass is cheating then so is using two sticks

Forum Rules
    DrumBum
    No metronome?
    The Rudiments

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Russ View Post
    Man I love that drumcage you built for the kit, great work with that one. Whole lot of cymbals, a lot of different sounds to choose from. What's that tom to the far left? Did you add on with another series or find a matching pro m?
    thanks
    it a pro m 8 in but not the good color

FRENCHY

User Info Menu

Wow Riouel, that is allot of targets you have there. Nice!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by VIbes View Post
    Very nicely done. I did this to an old Percussion Plus kit that was given to me. I ended up giving it to a student who stills gigs out on it. The sound when the wrap came off was way better than with it.

User Info Menu

New gig = new setup.

I recently scored a blues/jazz gig. All the members are older than I am, responsible, and professional. That has been unheard of for me. This will go nicely with the classic chick rock band I am already in. For the occasion, I needed a new small setup, so I reconfigured my Pearl VSX kit. It's about 1/2 straight ahead jazz, so 2 rides was a must. I will probably not take out the vented crash, just the 16" and 10" splash that are on the bass drum.

User Info Menu

Slightly modified set up:

User Info Menu

very nice inthpktplayer

is it a black beauty your snare ?

FRENCHY

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Riouel View Post
    very nice inthpktplayer

is it a black beauty your snare ?
    Thanks. Yes it is a BB. Slight change is set up is because I've gotten sort of tired the last couple of gigs and woke up a bit sore the next morning. I've had the same set up since I was a kid, but, now I'm old. I've brought thngs down lower and closer to me so I don't have to reach as much. Moved the kick over to the right about 10-15 degrees and this allowed me to bring the rack tom down and flatten it out some. Felt good today playing on it this way. We'll see if it takes care of my condition (Old).

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by inthpktplayer View Post
    . We'll see if it takes care of my condition (Old).
    you can always dream it cost nothing

FRENCHY

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Austinkessler View Post
    how do i put a pic on from my computer if i cant choose the drive i want to upload from? its just asking for a url
    You need to sign up with an on-line hosting site that allows your images to be shared. I use Photobucket but there are several others available.

Set up your account and then upload your images to the hosting site. On the site will be tools you can use to capture the link to your images. Then open up a new post here and copy the appropriate image link from YOUR hosted site and paste it into the post.

You can then hit preview to be sure it works correctly. If it doesn't work in Preview it won't work when you post it.

Good luck and welcome to Drum Chat.
    Signature here

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by nighthawk11 View Post

nighthawk, I love those shots. The kit looks awesome in that lighting!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Riouel View Post
    this is for poeple that ask for it the last couple weeks
    i was so busy lately

anyway there is the update of my baby

i mist my set so much when i got flood (ekit doesn't replace it)

Ricky, that is one awesome setup! Glad to see that your kit is up and rolling again. If I'm ever short on cymbals, can I give you a call?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Austinkessler View Post
    how do i put a pic on from my computer if i cant choose the drive i want to upload from? its just asking for a url
    Austin, this thread should be able to help you.