Thread: Show Us Your Drums!

User Info Menu

Default Re: Show Us Your Drums!

Here´s one more

*Yamaha Recording Custom

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by imperialstar15 View Post
    Beautiful kit Daniel! What are you trading it for?
    Thanks, Yeah it´s beautiful although I´m not a fan of sparkle finishes.
    I´m trading them for a Pearl Masters Custom MMX Black Mist.

Best regards/Daniel
    *Yamaha Recording Custom

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DanielS View Post
    Thanks, Yeah it´s beautiful although I´m not a fan of sparkle finishes.
    I´m trading them for a Pearl Masters Custom MMX Black Mist.

Best regards/Daniel
    saturn is a great kit ...

dont get me wrong i have played some really nice masters kits ..personally i would keep it

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by itchie View Post
    saturn is a great kit ...

dont get me wrong i have played some really nice masters kits ..personally i would keep it
    Yeah I agree. Great kit. Just didn't do it for me. I'm more of a pearl guy. I also wanted a smaller kit.

Best regards. Daniel
    *Yamaha Recording Custom

User Info Menu

Here´s one more

Cool pics................have fun with the new Pearl kit...............just fair warning..........we will demand pics when you get them

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by longgun View Post
    Cool pics................have fun with the new Pearl kit...............just fair warning..........we will demand pics when you get them
    Haha:-)

Yepp! Got the Pearls yesterday evening. Today i played them for hours. Played though about 50 songs:-)

I'm fixing the pics as we speak:-)

Best regards/Daniel
    *Yamaha Recording Custom

User Info Menu

Okey!

So here´s a few snapshots of my new Pearl MMXwhich happened to be a MMX/MRX kit. The 12" tom is a MMX tom and the 16" floortom and the bassdrum is MRX.

*Yamaha Recording Custom

User Info Menu

And a few more

*Yamaha Recording Custom

User Info Menu

I agree with itchie though I'm not a fan of sparkle sets either too bad it does not have a better finish.

User Info Menu

if your mapex kit was that finish I would have kept it. Nice kit though.(pearl)

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by drummerMD View Post
    if your mapex kit was that finish I would have kept it. Nice kit though.(pearl)
    Well, it wasn't just the finish. I couldn't get the sound that I wanted from it.

Best regards/Daniel
    *Yamaha Recording Custom

User Info Menu

Okey!

So here´s a few snapshots of my new Pearl MMXwhich happened to be a MMX/MRX kit. The 12" tom is a MMX tom and the 16" floortom and the bassdrum is MRX.

Gorgeous......................thanks for the pics!

User Info Menu

Ludwig Classic Maple vintage 1980 Silver Sparkle
    Ludwig Classic Maple vintage 1960 Gold Sparkle
    Ludwig Classic Maple vintage 1968 Champagne Sparkle
    Premier Resonators vintage 70's Polychromatic Red
    Slingerland 60's Vintage. Vintage Sky Blue Pearl
    Slingerland 1972 "Avante" Red
    Camco Chanute vintage. 1973 Silver Sparkle
    Gretsch Catalina Jazz. Blue Pearl
    Sonor Safari. Black Galaxy
    Rogers Londoner V vintage. 1977 Silver Mist
    Rogers Script Badge 9/72 1972 Black Nitro
    Beverley of England 4 piece vintage. Red
    Stewart 1966 Black Diamond Pearl MIJ
    Vintage Paiste 2002
    Vintage Avedis Zildjian

User Info Menu

I'm very fortunate to own a number of kits, but I wanted to try something a little different for two new band projects.

A different layout to my traditional and a kit that would incorporate a number of factors:

1) Great tones ranging from jazz to punchy rock from a small and portable kit.
    2) Electronics that would allow me to create live drum loops and play keyboard and patch samples.
    3) A wide range of cymbal sounds and effects.
    4) Minimal hardware, once again for portability.

After a long period of trying kits, cymbals and hardware, this is what I have ended up with.

Having moved to Diril cymbals, there is a huge range to choose from, so the set up here, may not be my final ones I use, but as a brand they cover so many basis, I know I will find every last detail that I am looking for in their range.

I would possibly not use all the stacks for one of the projects, so that would also add to the portability and ease of set up, but using just two main side racks that can remain loaded, makes life so much easier!

It is great fun to play and I am looking forward to the new projects.
    PROUD TO BE ENDORSED BY DUALLIST PEDALS
    Drums: Phil Collins Pearl DLX | Pink Floyd DW Exotic Bird's Eye | Natal Bubinga Custom Fusion | Cymbals: DIRIL & UFIPeDrums: 2Box DrumIt 5
    BACK BEATING DRUMMING BLOG ||| PINK FLOYD DW KIT ||| PHIL COLLINS PEARL KIT
    www.graham-collins.com/drummer ||| www.pinkfloyddrums.com ||| PHIL COLLINS PEARL KIT

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Cuban View Post
    I'm very fortunate to own a number of kits, but I wanted to try something a little different for two new band projects.

A different layout to my traditional and a kit that would incorporate a number of factors:

1) Great tones ranging from jazz to punchy rock from a small and portable kit.
    2) Electronics that would allow me to create live drum loops and play keyboard and patch samples.
    3) A wide range of cymbal sounds and effects.
    4) Minimal hardware, once again for portability.

After a long period of trying kits, cymbals and hardware, this is what I have ended up with.

Having moved to Diril cymbals, there is a huge range to choose from, so the set up here, may not be my final ones I use, but as a brand they cover so many basis, I know I will find every last detail that I am looking for in their range.

I would possibly not use all the stacks for one of the projects, so that would also add to the portability and ease of set up, but using just two main side racks that can remain loaded, makes life so much easier!

It is great fun to play and I am looking forward to the new projects.
    How is the dualist pedal? is it good quality? would you recommend it? Pics of the dw?
    Sabian!!!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by VIbes View Post
    Nice i like your kit very cool
    Sabian!!!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by HolyChina View Post
    How is the dualist pedal? is it good quality? would you recommend it? Pics of the dw?
    I haven't been using the Duallist D4 for a couple of years, so I need to change my style again, but I got on great with it before.

As requested, here is my ex Pink Floyd DW - The photo was taken at Joe's Garage, All Saints' Arts Centre, London in 2010. Pink Floyd played the same venue on the same date, but in 1966!

PROUD TO BE ENDORSED BY DUALLIST PEDALS
    Drums: Phil Collins Pearl DLX | Pink Floyd DW Exotic Bird's Eye | Natal Bubinga Custom Fusion | Cymbals: DIRIL & UFIPeDrums: 2Box DrumIt 5
    BACK BEATING DRUMMING BLOG ||| PINK FLOYD DW KIT ||| PHIL COLLINS PEARL KIT
    www.graham-collins.com/drummer ||| www.pinkfloyddrums.com ||| PHIL COLLINS PEARL KIT

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Cuban View Post
    I haven't been using the Duallist D4 for a couple of years, so I need to change my style again, but I got on great with it before.

As requested, here is my ex Pink Floyd DW - The photo was taken at Joe's Garage, All Saints' Arts Centre, London in 2010. Pink Floyd played the same venue on the same date, but in 1966!

Thats another cool kit and thanks for answering my question.
    Sabian!!!

User Info Menu

A lot of nice kits.
    Conrad

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by cb700 View Post
    a lot of nice kits.
    ikr
    Sabian!!!

User Info Menu

This is a set i964 Leedy drums, from the period when the Slingerland company was making them in Niles Illinois.

The bass drum is virgin, the 12" tom originally clamped to the bass drum rim. I found a 1958 13" tom in the matching finish and use "Rims" to mount the toms on a DW stand as shown here. The snare drum in these photos is a 1958 Slingerland Radioking in the matching finish.

-Mike

"We don't stop playing because we grow old.
    We grow old because we stop playing."

"I wish that my playing reminded people of Steve Gadd. But they seem to confuse me with his little known cousin... E."

"Snare drums happen."

User Info Menu

I took this kit to "Big Beat" one year. Here is Bun E. Carlos checking it out.

Here is my 1981 Gretsch "Drop-G" kit.

Here it is again, next to my DWs.

-Mike

"I wish that my playing reminded people of Steve Gadd. But they seem to confuse me with his little known cousin... E."

"Snare drums happen."

User Info Menu

@ drummer5359

Nice kits, all. How did you attach the RIMS mounts to the Leedy toms? Did you remove the diamond plate brackets and replace with the RIMS brackets? Did this involve drilling any new holes? Inquiring minds wish to know, please. Thanks!
    Strider

User Info Menu

The reason that I went with the rims mounts is that they do not attach to the shell. The tension rods go through them on their way into the lugs. They require no modifications to the shells.

I left the diamond plates intact, they don't really show and do not interfere. Plus, it leaves the kit "stock".
    -Mike

"Snare drums happen."

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by drummer5359 View Post
    The reason that I went with the rims mounts is that they do not attach to the shell. The tension rods go through them on their way into the lugs. They require no modifications to the shells.

I left the diamond plates intact, they don't really show and do not interfere. Plus, it leaves the kit "stock".
    Thank you for your reply! Leaving the shells stock was my main point of interest on a vintage set.I swapped some emails with Gary Gauger in September, 2012, about doing this with my 1965 Slingerlands. This was his reply:"The dimensions of the diamond plate are a little too large to fit our Universal Side plate. The vertical measurements would work but the sides of the metal plate hang over the sides of our plate by about 1/4". However, here is something to consider.....
    The 'saddle' strap (the piece riveted to the diamond plate that accepts the 'spade' or 'tongue' from the bass drum rail consolette) could be removed from the chrome diamond plate and re-attached to our Universal Plate. The metal diamond part is not really needed. This may be more than you want to get into but it may be a possibility."
    Not wanting to remove the saddle straps on my original diamond plates, after I explored the cost of obtaining diamond plates to cannibalize for their saddle straps, I dropped the idea. Maybe a re-think to your method would be in order. Thanks again, m8!
    Strider
    :
    "