Page 508 of 546 FirstFirst ... 8408458498506507508509510518 ... LastLast
Results 12,676 to 12,700 of 13638

Thread: Show Us Your Drums!

User Info Menu

Default Re: Show Us Your Drums!

Imperialstar15 love your set up and like your rudes too. TheMarsh I like you and your son's kit as well.
    Conrad

User Info Menu

My little kit...

User Info Menu

Very nice color Icetech,is that PDP?, hard to tell on my tablet

User Info Menu

I believe I recognize those mini DW style lugs as PDP's. Very nice little kit for sure. Love the color.
    Proudly playing:
    Doc Sweeney Drums
    A bunch of snares
    A bunch of cymbals

Off-Set double pedals

I think I love to play the drums simply because you get to hit 'em!!!

User Info Menu

This is not new stuff. My wife ran across an old photo of me clowning around on my new CB700 drum set. Time frame is sometime in the early eighties as best I can remember. I had just sold my Ludwig Classic three piece set and I wanted to try a large drum set for the first time. I was looking for another set of Ludwigs when I ran across this set on clearance at a small music store. I had kept my A Zildjians from my Ludwig set, so just added them to the mix. This set had the first models of cymbal stands and tom holders that would later become the Gibraltar hardware line. All of the fixtures on the drums, besides the wris****ch lugs, were imprinted with the Pearl trademark. The shells came from the factory with Remo CS heads. The sizes were 8, 10, 12, 13, 14, 16 and 16X22. I kept them for about 3-4 years before going back to smaller kits.

GeeDeeEmm

User Info Menu

Very nice kits, guys!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by myk View Post
    Very nice color Icetech,is that PDP?, hard to tell on my tablet
    DW design series in tobacco
    Paiste PST8's
    Drumnetics pedal..

P.S. LOVE the kit.. hate the snare...

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Icetech View Post
    DW design series in tobacco
    Paiste PST8's
    Drumnetics pedal..

P.S. LOVE the kit.. hate the snare...
    Are you referring to the DW snare? If you haven't tried tuning it too much, give it a good crank. Don't destroy it but tighten the heads up maybe a good 360 and see if that gives it some life. Maybe start with a half turn on each lug, then tune evenly. Go again if needed.

Disclaimer. I take no responsibility for material destruction and damage, ever.
    Signature here

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bish View Post
    Are you referring to the DW snare? If you haven't tried tuning it too much, give it a good crank. Don't destroy it but tighten the heads up maybe a good 360 and see if that gives it some life. Maybe start with a half turn on each lug, then tune evenly. Go again if needed.

Disclaimer. I take no responsibility for material destruction and damage, ever.
    I have tried tuning it for 5 months.. thought it was just me.. bought a tunebot and drumdial and tries peoples settings and my own and i cannot get it to sound decent.. This chad smith one i am using took about 5 minutes to change the heads and tune and sounds way better... just no idea whats up with the dw one.

P.S. I need to figure how to tune to get it to sound like the video below.. that to me is just great..
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YYfWpUvtJhs

User Info Menu

I have tried tuning it for 5 months.. thought it was just me.. bought a tunebot and drumdial and tries peoples settings and my own and i cannot get it to sound decent.. This chad smith one i am using took about 5 minutes to change the heads and tune and sounds way better... just no idea whats up with the dw one.

P.S. I need to figure how to tune to get it to sound like the video below.. that to me is just great..
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YYfWpUvtJhs
    That video is so good I forgot to listen to the tone of snare.

To me, it sounds like the snare side is tight while the batter (top) side seems quite a bit looser. Tune the batter lower than the snare side. Just my guess, tho.
    Signature here

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bish View Post
    That video is so good I forgot to listen to the tone of snare.

To me, it sounds like the snare side is tight while the batter (top) side seems quite a bit looser. Tune the batter lower than the snare side. Just my guess, tho.
    Yeah that video just blows my mind... he's amazing. and yeah i will keep working at it. I like the chad smith one but i has like zero subtlety its zero or full volume it seems, its my first metal snare not sure if they are all like that. I like a warmer tone not a loud CRACK or punch which is what everyone seems to want now..

User Info Menu

Tama Imperialstar 5-piece, with Speed Cobra pedals. Came with the Meinl HCS cymbals, but I will be adding to it very soon. I know, it's nothing special, but I really like it.

User Info Menu

From last nights show

User Info Menu

I could almost see a 'Halo' over your set.......eh,must be the lighting.
    Last edited by drummerMD; 05-31-2015 at 05:08 PM.

User Info Menu

Spaz, you'd better be able to live up to the clear message your drum set sends to all who veiw it: Professional Drummer On Board or PDOB. That set speaks a drummer's language, and says quite loudly, "Drive Me - If You Can." Reminds me of sitting in on a band in which I was supposed to take the drummer's place beginning the next night. This guy played a set of Pearl Sessions suspended on a rack, and these drums demanded the same question: "Can you PLAY me?" He could, indeed. After the first set, I sat with the drummer as he guzzled his first beer of the night and asked him, "How did you learn to play like that?" " See those drums overthere?" he answered while pointing at the kit, "By G_D, I tell those d___n things what to do, and they d__n well better do what they are told." End of conversation, but his statement still has me thinking about it to this day. What, exactly, was he trying to say?

GeeDeeEmm

User Info Menu

Icetech,
    Your signature lists Drumnetics pedal! You have to give us a review of that pedal!
    SONOR 6 pc Special Edition 3007's red maple, old Pearl Brass 14x6 FF snare, Yamaha Tour Custom maple 8 pc., Tama 4 pc., honey amber B/B, Ludwig Supralite chrome 14x6.5 steel snare, Paiste, Saluda & Zildjian
    Loaned out Slingerland upgraded 4 pc 1963 black, wrapped maple + 14" Pearl birch FT
    The Almighty Speed King pedal, Speed Cobra, Sonor Single

http://www.screaminmelinas.com
    http://www.facebook.com/DerailedRockers/

User Info Menu

Sir, as soon as I get my hands on one I'll will post. I've tried one before and it was like nothing I've ever played, just awsome. Contact to order, custom made.Facebook.

User Info Menu

"How did you learn to play like that?" " See those drums overthere?" he answered while pointing at the kit, "By G_D, I tell those d___n things what to do, and they d__n well better do what they are told." End of conversation, but his statement still has me thinking about it to this day. What, exactly, was he trying to say?"

I think I know what he was trying to say, but it's hard to put into words.

I guess the bottom line would be (and this isn't going to answer your question):

Play them like you own them, not like you're renting them.

User Info Menu

A few pics of my home-made Jungle Kit. I've used it the last 3 weeks for band practice. So far it's shaping up to be a keeper. I'll probably use it for most small gigs as well.

-Brian

"Too many crappy used drum stuff to list"

Play the SONG......not the DRUMS!!!

"I think that feeling is a lot more important than technique. It's all very well doing a triple paradiddle - but who's going to know you've done it? If you play technically you sound like everybody else. It's being original that counts." ~ John Bonham

User Info Menu

That kit really came out great! Small kits like that are great for lots of different situations, I bet that kit sounds great.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by slinglander View Post
    Icetech,
    Your signature lists Drumnetics pedal! You have to give us a review of that pedal!
    I'll just give you a quick rundown... Have had it about 5 months.. still totally love it (i normally have buyers remorse)

It took a little getting used to and playing with the setup but ones i got it how i like it, it has been perfect..

And when i bought it i had called Mike who owns the company and spoke to him for about a hour.. one of the nicest people you could ever want to deal with .

P.S. I just loved that someone was really thinking outside the box and trying to be innovative not just move the springs and call it the newest amazing device, plus hand made in america by a small business owner.. that gets my support

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by drummerMD View Post
    That kit really came out great! Small kits like that are great for lots of different situations, I bet that kit sounds great.
    Thanks! I'm honesty blown away by how nice it sounds. The 8" and 13" toms sound fantastic. Plenty of projection....probably due to the smaller size. The 16" bass sounds good, as long as you don't rest the beater on the head. I THINK that's fairly common for this type of kit (?). If I slide my foot back on the Speed King foot board, I can find the sweet spot where the beater pulls back from the head after each stroke but it still feels responsive. I could use this kit for the majority of gigs we play. I'm thinking I could even use it on the larger gigs if I mic the bass.
    -Brian

"Too many crappy used drum stuff to list"

Play the SONG......not the DRUMS!!!

"I think that feeling is a lot more important than technique. It's all very well doing a triple paradiddle - but who's going to know you've done it? If you play technically you sound like everybody else. It's being original that counts." ~ John Bonham

User Info Menu

Looking good, Brian.
    Signature here

LEM studio Guest

awesome drums

User Info Menu

I'll just give you a quick rundown... Have had it about 5 months.. still totally love it (i normally have buyers remorse)

It took a little getting used to and playing with the setup but ones i got it how i like it, it has been perfect..

And when i bought it i had called Mike who owns the company and spoke to him for about a hour.. one of the nicest people you could ever want to deal with .

P.S. I just loved that someone was really thinking outside the box and trying to be innovative not just move the springs and call it the newest amazing device, plus hand made in america by a small business owner.. that gets my support
    I've had my eye on those pedals for forever! I've done all the research I can and I really want to try it.
    Quote Originally Posted by rickthedrummer View Post
    There is intelligent life out there. The problem is that there isn't any here.

-Mike