Page 160 of 546 FirstFirst ... 60110150158159160161162170210260 ... LastLast
Results 3,976 to 4,000 of 13638

Thread: Show Us Your Drums!

User Info Menu

Default Re: Show Us Your Drums!

These aren't mine...yet.. They belong to my buddy who gave them to his teenager son for a gift. They have since been taken away from the boy and my buddy has been dangling them under my nose to get me to help him move some polishing machinery around in his shop. 2 Saturday afternoons worth of sweat..and these could be mine... Now I have to justify 3 drum kits!!
    I personally can't stand the color, but the sound is amazing!
    IF I do acquire them, I will be embarking on another refinish/(possible) re-wrap job..Black drums and Christian rock...?? Does that seem kosher?
    Doesn't really matter..I spoze. I could get them, sell 'em and pay some other debt...IDK...they sound soo good!
    **The HW and cymbals etc. belong to me.

-Les

User Info Menu

heres just one last one of the macguyver set, i used a bandana to tie a knot at the top for a cymbal felt/screw substitute, and then underneath it i fastened the rest of the bandana to the handlebar it was on, and now it wont fall down.
    Attached Images Attached Images

User Info Menu

Mortal thats a sweet setup and totally custom....lol

Les, ummmmm I think that finish is awesome no matter where you play them. If you can get those beauties for a little sweat and a couple saturday afternoons, Go for it!
    "Don't let your pride swell....you may have to swallow it one day!"- Unknown

God made Cops so Firefighters could have heroes!

Quote Originally Posted by pastor_bob View Post
    I'm waaaay past having any major parts of my body exposed. Believe me, it wouldn't add anything to the show!
    Proud member of PHROGGE's Aquarian Army

Zildjian League

User Info Menu

hahahaha, love it man

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MortalDrumbat View Post
    the new kit..(temporarily)
    You have to be good to play that. Some can take a bucket and make it sound better than my whole set. Personally I would rather play this set in total freedom than play something fancy while being an indebted slave to a credit card company.
    Lisa

Psalm 150:5
    Praise him with the clash of cymbals, praise him with resounding cymbals.

Drummer at Baptist church
    I like it syncopated and funky

Yamaha Hipgig
    Zildjian Special Dry ride
    Zildjian Constantinople crash
    Paiste 2002 hats
    Promark Crystal Ball beater

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Lesizmor View Post
    These aren't mine...yet.. They belong to my buddy who gave them to his teenager son for a gift. They have since been taken away from the boy and my buddy has been dangling them under my nose to get me to help him move some polishing machinery around in his shop. 2 Saturday afternoons worth of sweat..and these could be mine... Now I have to justify 3 drum kits!!
    I personally can't stand the color, but the sound is amazing!
    IF I do acquire them, I will be embarking on another refinish/(possible) re-wrap job..Black drums and Christian rock...?? Does that seem kosher?
    Doesn't really matter..I spoze. I could get them, sell 'em and pay some other debt...IDK...they sound soo good!
    **The HW and cymbals etc. belong to me.

-Les

Man, some of you guys are just way to lucky!!
    There's a lot to be said for Time Honored tradition and value.

http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/j...vaz/TheSet.jpg

User Info Menu

its just a wrap

User Info Menu

when i hit my bass drum it makes a tambourine sound at the same time

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MortalDrumbat View Post
    when i hit my bass drum it makes a tambourine sound at the same time
    That's some serious skillz....
    Signature here

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by topdog63 View Post
    Mortal thats a sweet setup and totally custom....lol

Les, ummmmm I think that finish is awesome no matter where you play them. If you can get those beauties for a little sweat and a couple saturday afternoons, Go for it!
    Well, I made a commitment to help my guy with his shop rearranging and cleaning task..2 Saturdays..done deal.. the kit is mine.. I cannot stand the wrap on this kit..not even one little bit!
    My local used gear shop has a deal going on where they are offering retail credit, that is..if you trade something in (musical) instead of them giving you a percentage of what they will resell your trade for, they are granting full re-selling price value .. I made the choice of dropping in there tonight with the Club mods (pictured above) in my car. I had just picked up the club mods from my friend.
    To make a long story short, I no longer own this kit *gulp* or my Catalina Maples.......
    I traded both Gretsch kits in for..... even up!!

The person who had 'em on layaway apparently decided not to get them and there they were..on the sales floor!

I couldn't pass this up again..? Could I?...NO WAY!

I had a bit of a hard time letting go of my Cat maples..But I think it time for me to have a truly pro kit..Bye Catalina's..I will miss ya! .. a little.
    I"m down to my Mapex M Birch and these..I'm there!
    Last edited by Lesizmor; 03-23-2009 at 09:26 PM.

User Info Menu

NO WAY! Those are insane Les! Almost as insane as my SCs Great buy man. You won't regret it. I love a 4 piece set up!
    Tama Starclassic Birch in Emerald Sea Fade 24x18, 13x10, 18x16
    Mapex Black Panther Phosphor Bronze 5.5x14
    Remo Coated Emperors (or Evans Clear EC2s) over Remo Coated Ambassadors
    Remo Coated Ambassador Over Hazy Diplomat Snare Side
    Dream Contact 14" Hi-Hats, Zildjian Avedis 21" Sweet Ride, Zildjian A Custom 18" Projection Crash, Wuhan 18" China
    Vic Firth 5As and 5Bs/Sound Percussion 5Bs and 2Bs

"Da head of the drum doesn't matter, it's da head of da drummer that matters most..." -Phrogge

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by CycleDude View Post
    LOL, yeah. She needs a name.

My Cycle is named "Pearl"

soo just wondering...umm where do you fit the drums??

lol
    6pc Mapex M Birch
    -14, 10, 12, 14, 16, 22
    - Evans EC2
    - BP maple cherry 13x6 snare
    -DW 9000 single
    -LP black beauty cowbell

Cymbals
    --Paiste PST5 & Sabian XS20 Wuhan and Avedis Zildjians (mastersound 13s and paper thin crash and medium ride)

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Tama View Post
    NO WAY! Those are insane Les! Almost as insane as my SCs Great buy man. You won't regret it. I love a 4 piece set up!
    HA! yeah... These are pretty special.. 6ply African Mahogany..only 60 of these kits in this config. in the world and I have 1! Woo-Hoo!
    I couldn't pass this deal up again! Now I have a true pro kit!
    The 16x24" kick drum and 9x13" rack are a bit of a deviation from the normal for me. Big Mahogany Drums = Unreal thunder and projection!!!! Hopefully someday
    I will locate a matching snare.
    The best part about this deal is that they didn't cost me a penny! I did have to trade my newly acquired Catalina Mods and...Cat Maples..
    I will be doing a full review of this kit with better pix when I have had some throne time with her. I am very happy. -Les

User Info Menu

HA! yeah... These are pretty special.. 6ply African Mahogany..only 60 of these kits in this config. in the world and I have 1! Woo-Hoo!
    I couldn't pass this deal up again! Now I have a true pro kit!
    The 16x24" kick drum and 9x13" rack are a bit of a deviation from the normal for me. Big Mahogany Drums = Unreal thunder and projection!!!! Hopefully someday
    I will locate a matching snare.
    The best part about this deal is that they didn't cost me a penny! I did have to trade my newly acquired Catalina Mods and...Cat Maples..
    I will be doing a full review of this kit with better pix when I have had some throne time with her. I am very happy. -Les
    Oh trust me I know EXACTLY what you mean. I went from a 12x9, 16x16, 22x16 with my Tama Swingstars to 13x10, 18x16, and 24x18 with my BIRCH Starclassics! But, I don't regret buying this large of a set at all. The only muffling I have is a single pillow in the bass drum and one moongel on the very outside of the floor tom just to give it a little more control in my house.
    Tama Starclassic Birch in Emerald Sea Fade 24x18, 13x10, 18x16
    Mapex Black Panther Phosphor Bronze 5.5x14
    Remo Coated Emperors (or Evans Clear EC2s) over Remo Coated Ambassadors
    Remo Coated Ambassador Over Hazy Diplomat Snare Side
    Dream Contact 14" Hi-Hats, Zildjian Avedis 21" Sweet Ride, Zildjian A Custom 18" Projection Crash, Wuhan 18" China
    Vic Firth 5As and 5Bs/Sound Percussion 5Bs and 2Bs

"Da head of the drum doesn't matter, it's da head of da drummer that matters most..." -Phrogge

User Info Menu

Wow Les, you've been hanging around Bish waaaay too long!!

Seriously, congrats on the Renowns Les! They look great! There is a drum missing though!
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

Wow Les, you've been hanging around Bish waaaay too long!!

Seriously, congrats on the Renowns Les! They look great! There is a drum missing though!
    Trust me PB.. I am done now.. I have the Mapex and the Renoun Purewoods.
    Finally true contentment! I do miss my Catalina Maples tho.
    And yeah..it didn't come with the matching snare drum.. I hope to come across one of them in the future.

-Les

User Info Menu

Wow Les, that finish is just plain stunning!! Amazing bit of wheelin and dealin to get em, but the end result is what counts! Congrats my friend, I don't know anyone more deserving of achieving what you just have!!
    Why do psychics have to ask you your name? And how come you never heard of a psychic winning the lottery?
    Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

User Info Menu

Thanks Norske! I appreciate you man!

-Les

User Info Menu

Wow i'm so jealous! I would have done the same thing....Nice find! I'll be waiting for a full review...
    -Reuben

SABIAN SQUAD
    ^^^SGD'S EVANS EMPIRE^^^
    RIP Frank "Fiacovaz" Iacovazzi

User Info Menu

Les, I'm very proud of you!

What a great deal you got. You won't regret that decision one bit.

WTG, my man!!!
    Signature here

User Info Menu

Nice score Les......I'm totally jealous

I'm waaaay past having any major parts of my body exposed. Believe me, it wouldn't add anything to the show!

Zildjian League

User Info Menu

Wow, Les. Those are truly stunning. Congrats, dude.
    Kevin
    DW Performance series - Gun Metal Metallic Lacquer
    24/12/16 6.5x14
    Sabian AA/AAX hi-hats & crashes
    Sabian HHX Evolution ride

Drummers can be very tempomental.....

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fiacovaz View Post
    Hey TopDog...that is a really beautiful shade of Blue on your drums!! But, I have to ask why the Moon Gel on that gorgeous K Dark Ride? I would think that cymbal would be articulate enough by itself. I still would love to have one for my kit.
    Well I traded my K special dry ride for a 21" Zildjian A Rock Ride. Man that thing is sweet. It has the sound I like nice and bright and the bell is wonderful and plenty of stick definition. I know people would say to keep it and I'll probably regret it later but hopefully later I'll have the $$ to get another one should the need arise. Now I am completely happy with my selection of pies.

Zildjian League

User Info Menu

Les,
    I'd be mad but you stayed in the Gretsch family and moved up a notch! NICE! Can I make one recommendation...That kick would look aboslutely stunning with a Fibreskyn Resonant head and a the Gretsch logo slightly downsized and offset at about the 10 o'clock position. I bet those bad boys rock!
    Kits
    DW Performance(white marine): 8x7/10x8/12x9/16x14/22x18
    Mapex Saturn III(transparent walnut): 10x8/12x9/16x16/22x18/14x5.5

Snares
    Pork Pie 14x7 Cherry/Bubinga
    Pork Pie 14x6.5 Big Black Bob
    Mapex Saturn 14x5.5 Maple/Walnut
    Homemade 14x5.5 Maple(10 ply Keller)

Cymbals
    Sabian
    14" AA regular hats
    10" AAX splash
    16" AAX Xplosion fast crash
    18" AAX Xplosion fash crash
    16" HH thin crash
    20" HHX stage ride

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by mkennedy View Post
    Les,
    I'd be mad but you stayed in the Gretsch family and moved up a notch! NICE! Can I make one recommendation...That kick would look aboslutely stunning with a Fibreskyn Resonant head and a the Gretsch logo slightly downsized and offset at about the 10 o'clock position. I bet those bad boys rock!
    Oh, you are so totally on to something there.....
    Kevin
    DW Performance series - Gun Metal Metallic Lacquer
    24/12/16 6.5x14
    Sabian AA/AAX hi-hats & crashes
    Sabian HHX Evolution ride

Drummers can be very tempomental.....