Ludwig
    Paiste
    Bosphorus

User Info Menu

Default Re: Show Us Your Drums!

Quote Originally Posted by Scottie_Guns View Post
    No hope necessary. It's a Gretsch!
    +1!

Given that I've been using my bro's Renowns for a few months now, it wasn't a hard choice to make.
    Jesse

1986 Tama Crestar - Lacquered Piano White
    2016 Roland TD-25K
    2015 Tama Starclassic B/B - Indigo Blue Sparkle

User Info Menu

Whoa kaos nice kit it looks like! Good score good score..
    ZildjianLeague/LP/Aquarian/Mapex/Pearl
    Snares: 4
    RIP- Frank, Wolvie, Les Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Pearl MCX Man View Post
    I wish I was your wife
    Quote Originally Posted by amdrummer View Post
    if double bass is cheating then so is using two sticks

Forum Rules
    DrumBum
    No metronome?
    The Rudiments

User Info Menu

OK, Ill give this a try....

User Info Menu

I'll try this again.....

There ya go. It just needed the image code (IMG) instead of the url code - PB

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jafo View Post
    I'll try this again.....
    Very nice and always good to see Roto-Toms in use.
    PROUD TO BE ENDORSED BY DUALLIST PEDALS
    Drums: Phil Collins Pearl DLX | Pink Floyd DW Exotic Bird's Eye | Natal Bubinga Custom Fusion | Cymbals: DIRIL & UFIPeDrums: 2Box DrumIt 5
    BACK BEATING DRUMMING BLOG ||| PINK FLOYD DW KIT ||| PHIL COLLINS PEARL KIT
    www.graham-collins.com/drummer ||| www.pinkfloyddrums.com ||| PHIL COLLINS PEARL KIT

User Info Menu

Thanks for the help! It's been several years since trying to post pics like that.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jafo View Post
    Thanks for the help! It's been several years since trying to post pics like that.
    Nice kit man! Your cymbal placement is very similar to mine especially the ride....I like mine low too.

User Info Menu

more of my kit, as a 4 piece.

Bling - Jack

DW drums
    Sabian Zildjian Paiste cymbals
    Vic Firth sticks

User Info Menu

Very nice. Looks really awesome, But hey what size is your rack tom, it looks huge.
    Paiste Alpha 14'' Sound Edge hats
    Paiste Alpha 16'' Medium Crash
    Sabian XS20 14'' Medium-Thin Crash
    Wuhan 16'' China

drummer: Being young is good ... as long as you're also wise
    Quote Originally Posted by weezy View Post
    Then you can use napkins to wipe your hands instead of taping them to your heads.

User Info Menu

Post Re: Show Us Your Drums!

My kit is the pdp ez series it isn't very good but it can still do it's job.I'm planning on buying better kit and affortable one can you guys tell me some good drum kits that i can buy?

User Info Menu

Welcome to Drum Chat TDG!

Never make apologies for your kit my friend, because it just might hurt its feelings!

If you give us some understanding of your budget, we could be more helpful to you.
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Martinez12 View Post
    Very nice. Looks really awesome, But hey what size is your rack tom, it looks huge.
    its a 12 by 10
    Bling - Jack

DW drums
    Sabian Zildjian Paiste cymbals
    Vic Firth sticks

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by TheDrumGuy View Post
    My kit is the pdp ez series it isn't very good but it can still do it's job.I'm planning on buying better kit and affortable one can you guys tell me some good drum kits that i can buy?
    Welcome to the forum! Don't say it isn't good, with the right heads and tuning, I bet that kit sounds awesome.
    As far as a new kit, it all depends on what you want. If you give us a budget, we will give you suggestions lol.
    -Reuben

SABIAN SQUAD
    ^^^SGD'S EVANS EMPIRE^^^
    RIP Frank "Fiacovaz" Iacovazzi

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by defcon235 View Post
    Welcome to the forum! Don't say it isn't good, with the right heads and tuning, I bet that kit sounds awesome.
    As far as a new kit, it all depends on what you want. If you give us a budget, we will give you suggestions lol.
    hes right, its can sound awesome.

i have the same one. its sounds great.

i prefer remo pinestripes on it. it sounds prefect. i have said it before, and ill say it again. 80% of a drums sound is tuning and heads.

i guess what im saying is i can take that set with the right heads and make it sound great. where you can take anything you can buy and give it to someone who cant tune and my "cheapo" will sound better.

User Info Menu

i guess nobody caught it. but marti's little snuggle buddy is sitting on his bed.

i assume it makes him sleep better.

Larrysperf Guest

it sure aint his drums, he beats them

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by bloodylipp View Post
    i guess nobody caught it. but marti's little snuggle buddy is sitting on his bed.

i assume it makes him sleep better.
    lol, that was a gift for a friend. That teddy bear isnt home anymore... I dont know how i can sleep at night
    Paiste Alpha 14'' Sound Edge hats
    Paiste Alpha 16'' Medium Crash
    Sabian XS20 14'' Medium-Thin Crash
    Wuhan 16'' China

drummer: Being young is good ... as long as you're also wise
    Quote Originally Posted by weezy View Post
    Then you can use napkins to wipe your hands instead of taping them to your heads.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by late8 View Post
    Nice kit man! Your cymbal placement is very similar to mine especially the ride....I like mine low too.
    Thanks, I like my ride low because it helps me transition from the hi hats to the ride easier after a fill. I tried the ride higher but my right arm had trouble staying on the bell consitently. I can smack that ride with alot more force down low too. It's also the only place I had left to put it...LOL!!!!

I'll admit it, I am addicted to cymbals

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Cuban View Post
    Very nice and always good to see Roto-Toms in use.
    I'm still learning, and trying to fit those roto-toms them in a fill somewhere. I try to watch Neal Peart as much as I can to learn some of his methods with roto-toms but i'm starting to work out some on my own.

User Info Menu

Here are 2 of my 3 kits: These are the working kits..the 3rd is a practice kit and no pics of it yet.

Yamaha Oak Custom 22x17 with Brass Kick Port, Brass Hoop Claws,10-12-14 racks, 16 Floor and all toms have Brass Hoops and a Tama Starclassic Bubinga Elite 14x6.5 snare in Quilted Mocha Burst and Black Nickel hardware. All hi-end Zildjian Cymbals - K Dark Thin crashes & splashes, a Zildjian A crash & a Meinl 16" crash, Avedis Zildjian 1964 ride, K Custom hats plus New Beat hats on Closed X-Hat.

If a Man offends thee - - give each of his children a Drum~~~!!!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by old low&slo View Post
    yeah man I saw your set awhile ago nice kit !!
    I will post more pics when I can afford cymbals but it might be a minute.
    aint emerald mist a sexy color in the sunlight !!!
    I'll be looking out for those pics when you post them. I can relate. A couple of the cymbals on my kit that you see are from around 1976. It may take awhile to put together a nice kit. But, it's definately worth the wait once you get it all together.

As far as the emerald mist color is concerned...Yeah, I'm really liking it! However, when I first got the kit, I thought that if I went out bought this kit new, I don't think I would have picked this color. Now, after I polished them up and had them for a few months, I'm really liking it.

One tip that I'd like to give you on the finish. Clean the shells really good and then use a good quality deep gloss car polish/wax. It really helped to bring out a nice deep gloss to my finish. More than I thought possible.

User Info Menu

I found an excellent wax for your drums and stands: It was developed for Power companies to coat their high tension power lines where they wrap around or tie up on glass insulators...they used it on the glass insulators and the wire both.
    It leaves a beautiful gloss that repels dust, dirt, smoke etc.
    Its called Collinite 845 Insulator wax and there are a number of online sites that sell it...runs about 15 bucks plus freight for a 12 oz bottle.
    Yamaha Oak Custom 22x17 with Brass Kick Port, Brass Hoop Claws,10-12-14 racks, 16 Floor and all toms have Brass Hoops and a Tama Starclassic Bubinga Elite 14x6.5 snare in Quilted Mocha Burst and Black Nickel hardware. All hi-end Zildjian Cymbals - K Dark Thin crashes & splashes, a Zildjian A crash & a Meinl 16" crash, Avedis Zildjian 1964 ride, K Custom hats plus New Beat hats on Closed X-Hat.

If a Man offends thee - - give each of his children a Drum~~~!!!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Larrysperf View Post
    it sure aint his drums, he beats them
    lol, that was a gift for a friend. That teddy bear isnt home anymore... I dont know how i can sleep at night
    "beats" me!
    ZildjianLeague/LP/Aquarian/Mapex/Pearl
    Snares: 4
    RIP- Frank, Wolvie, Les Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Pearl MCX Man View Post
    I wish I was your wife
    Quote Originally Posted by amdrummer View Post
    if double bass is cheating then so is using two sticks

Forum Rules
    DrumBum
    No metronome?
    The Rudiments

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Warren Wright View Post
    I found an excellent wax for your drums and stands: It was developed for Power companies to coat their high tension power lines where they wrap around or tie up on glass insulators...they used it on the glass insulators and the wire both.
    It leaves a beautiful gloss that repels dust, dirt, smoke etc.
    Its called Collinite 845 Insulator wax and there are a number of online sites that sell it...runs about 15 bucks plus freight for a 12 oz bottle.
    Yeah, I've used that stuff before. It's been awhile. It is good stuff. I've never used it on my kit/hardware though. Hmm...might have to stop and get some. My hardware is due for a good cleaning/polishing. Thanks for the post and reminder!