Results 7,551 to 7,575 of 13638

Thread: Show Us Your Drums!

dave0549jv Guest

Default Re: Show Us Your Drums!

i use that to wax my car!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DrummerD View Post
    I'll be looking out for those pics when you post them. I can relate. A couple of the cymbals on my kit that you see are from around 1976. It may take awhile to put together a nice kit. But, it's definately worth the wait once you get it all together.

As far as the emerald mist color is concerned...Yeah, I'm really liking it! However, when I first got the kit, I thought that if I went out bought this kit new, I don't think I would have picked this color. Now, after I polished them up and had them for a few months, I'm really liking it.

One tip that I'd like to give you on the finish. Clean the shells really good and then use a good quality deep gloss car polish/wax. It really helped to bring out a nice deep gloss to my finish. More than I thought possible.
    hey drummerd
    you and I think alike. If I bought this kit new I probably would not have chosen this color either. green is like my second or third favorite color.
    but when I went to see the drums they looked so dark in the basement lighting but great outside. but they looked very smudgy and dirty and something just told me buy them anyways. so when I got them home I stripped them down and used chrome polish on the chrome lugs and a quick car wax on the shells and they came out amazing !!!
    now I just love the finish. oh and I used a special polish for the stainless rims that really brought them up too.
    I will get cymbals but might not be till xmas

User Info Menu

Hi all, newbie to durm chat.

i have just got a new kit. Really enjoying it!

Its a ddrum Dios Walnut finish

Drum sizes:
    10" x 8" and 12" x 8" toms
    16" x 13" floor tom
    7" x 13" snare drum, eight-ply
    22" x 20" bass drum

mapex black panther premium steel black 14 x 6 / ddrum 13 x 7 walnut

Mostly tama roadpro m8 hardware, some yamaha, some pearl.

pearl demon drive single pedal

aax 14" hats,
    aax 16" stage crash,
    aax 15" dark crash,
    vault 18" crash,
    aax 19" chinese,
    aax 8" splash
    paiste 402 17" china (custom ozone)

will put some pics up soon.

I play with RoughTwist.
    groove-rock / funk with balls

check it out,
    www.myspace.com/roughtwist

.........whats the worst that could happen?

User Info Menu

Welcome to Drum Chat RoughTwist! Can't wait to see the pics, and I'm check out your MySpace page too.
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

Welcome! I've seen a few Ddrum kits at a local shop, and they certainly have upped their game since 4 or 5 years ago. They have a Bubinga and a Maple kit and both are really nice.

Waiting on those pics
    Jesse

1986 Tama Crestar - Lacquered Piano White
    2016 Roland TD-25K
    2015 Tama Starclassic B/B - Indigo Blue Sparkle

User Info Menu

Main Kit = Yamaha Oak Custom 6 piece

Last edited by Warren Wright; 08-11-2010 at 11:23 AM. Reason: pic didnt show up
    Yamaha Oak Custom 22x17 with Brass Kick Port, Brass Hoop Claws,10-12-14 racks, 16 Floor and all toms have Brass Hoops and a Tama Starclassic Bubinga Elite 14x6.5 snare in Quilted Mocha Burst and Black Nickel hardware. All hi-end Zildjian Cymbals - K Dark Thin crashes & splashes, a Zildjian A crash & a Meinl 16" crash, Avedis Zildjian 1964 ride, K Custom hats plus New Beat hats on Closed X-Hat.

If a Man offends thee - - give each of his children a Drum~~~!!!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Warren Wright View Post

Fixed. Use the IMG code on Photobucket (look for the code boxes...Email & IM, Direct Link, HTML, & IMG Code)

User Info Menu

Oh, and that is INSANE! Beautiful!!!

That is a big ol' tom on the kick too...

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by xsabers View Post
    That is a big ol' tom on the kick too...
    I just noticed that. What's up with that floor tom mounted on the bass drum?!
    ^^^ SGD's Evans Empire ^^^

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Warren Wright View Post

Beautiful kit Warren. Awesome color! But, I don't know if I'd play them outside with the Buffalo roaming around out there in Oaklahoma. They may charge at ya! I know those buffalo are mighty big in Lawton.

Seriously, beautiful kit! Welcome to drum chat!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by su_admin View Post
    Who wants to go first? Let's see what cha got!
    My Ddrum defiant d-bop

User Info Menu

Here's the latest version of my setup. I replaced my PDP 402 double bass with a Tama Iron Cobra Jr. single pedal yesterday which finally allowed me to try this out (the slave pedal of kept getting in the way). I tried to model it after Cobus' setup, mainly the toms being completely offset and the bass drum rotated slightly to the right. It felt sort of weird when I was first setting it up, but I have a good feeling about it. I haven't tried it out yet, but it feels very comfortable just from sitting at it and moving around a bit. Gonna give it a proper run through later on.

Last edited by NoiseInMotion; 08-14-2010 at 04:17 PM.
    Cymbals
    14" AA Fusion Hats | 8" Max Splash | 10" HHX Evolution Splash | 16" AA Bright Crash | 21" AA Raw Bell Dry Ride | 18" APX Crash | 14" Wuhan China
    Tama Hyperdrive 5 Piece Kit
    Ludwig Black Galaxy Acrolite 5x14" Snare
    Tama Iron Cobra Jr. single bass pedal

Four Of Spades Facebook Page

Want advice on upgrading your cymbals?
    Click here!

User Info Menu

Incredible kit! It look pretty awesome but hey... what's with that 'china' (?) lol
    Paiste Alpha 14'' Sound Edge hats
    Paiste Alpha 16'' Medium Crash
    Sabian XS20 14'' Medium-Thin Crash
    Wuhan 16'' China

drummer: Being young is good ... as long as you're also wise
    Quote Originally Posted by weezy View Post
    Then you can use napkins to wipe your hands instead of taping them to your heads.

User Info Menu

I've been insanely busy with writing a marching band show and a new dog and have neglected Drum Chat and am hereby sorry.

Anyway, here's what I have been rocking all summer - Pearl Vision, old Weckl snare, A Custom Crashes & Sizzle Ride, K Custom Hybrid Ride, HHX Hats, Pearl percussion, LP timbale.

The last pic is my percussion rig, which I got out 4 times this summer with a side gig I have. I sit to play the congas and stand for the timbales to keep my old blood flowing.

By my last count, I have played 40+ gigs in the last 4 months during my busiest summer ever, which I am surprised happened so late. I had a lot more endurance 10 years ago...

The corners of this pic are gone because I re-aligned a 30 degree camera tilt.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Martinez12 View Post
    Incredible kit! It look pretty awesome but hey... what's with that 'china' (?) lol
    Thanks . The china is a bit "special" lol. It was originally a very generic crash that my kit came with. After replacing it, I kept it in my closet until one day I took it out and saw that the edge had been party bent down like a china. I bent it the rest of the way down and it made an amazing china. I had it mounted on a spare hi hat stand because I was out of cymbal stands. I had the clutch too tight and I basically warped it the first time I used it as a china because the force couldn't transfer. Still sounds great though.

Here's an updated picture. The 15" AAX didn't work being mounted on my china stand. The stand is so thin that the clamp wasn't actually touching the metal. It was just being help up by it pushing against itself and it would move when I hit it. While I was setting it up like this, I realized that I might be better suited with a rack instead of mounting everything on top of each other lol.

Cymbals
    14" AA Fusion Hats | 8" Max Splash | 10" HHX Evolution Splash | 16" AA Bright Crash | 21" AA Raw Bell Dry Ride | 18" APX Crash | 14" Wuhan China

Click here!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NoiseInMotion View Post
    Thanks . The china is a bit "special" lol. It was originally a very generic crash that my kit came with. After replacing it, I kept it in my closet until one day I took it out and saw that the edge had been party bent down like a china. I bent it the rest of the way down and it made an amazing china. I had it mounted on a spare hi hat stand because I was out of cymbal stands. I had the clutch too tight and I basically warped it the first time I used it as a china because the force couldn't transfer. Still sounds great though.

Here's an updated picture. The 15" AAX didn't work being mounted on my china stand. The stand is so thin that the clamp wasn't actually touching the metal. It was just being help up by it pushing against itself and it would move when I hit it. While I was setting it up like this, I realized that I might be better suited with a rack instead of mounting everything on top of each other lol.
    Looks really nice... You know what hi hats would go awesomely with your kit? Paiste Alpha Sound edge
    Paiste Alpha 14'' Sound Edge hats
    Paiste Alpha 16'' Medium Crash
    Sabian XS20 14'' Medium-Thin Crash
    Wuhan 16'' China

drummer: Being young is good ... as long as you're also wise
    Quote Originally Posted by weezy View Post
    Then you can use napkins to wipe your hands instead of taping them to your heads.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Martinez12 View Post
    Looks really nice... You know what hi hats would go awesomely with your kit? Paiste Alpha Sound edge
    I almost got a pair of Paiste Alpha hi hats, but I haven't had a good experience with my Paiste Alpha crash. I've made an overall decision to stick with Sabian. I've had the best experience with Sabian products.
    Cymbals

Click here!

User Info Menu

Hey everyone! I've had a account here a while and have only been reading, but though I might as well post. Right now my kit is a 70's Slingerland with a 60's snare.
    14-snare
    13-tom
    16-floor tom
    22-bass

Cymbals are low end Zildjans(sp?) but I am saving up for some new ones, any suggestions?

(JD, if you copy the IMG code here, the pics will appear. - PB)

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

Its a bit of a blurry picture, but this is my Canopus Club Kit.

15" BD
    13" FT
    10" TT
    14" Mapex Pro M Snare

13" K Dark Hats
    19" Armand Beautiful Baby
    22" K Constantinople Hi Bell Med Thin Low Ride

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by AussieDrummer View Post
    My Ddrum defiant d-bop

The black hhops and hardware really make the difference on that set, very nice.

Welcome to the board too.
    slot # 1

In support of l e i g h ' s campaign..............DC Record for Most Users Online
    BE COUNTED!
    http://www.drumchat.com/showthread.php/dc-record-most-users-12079p2.html

CHARTER MEMBER OF PHROGGE'S AQUARIAN ARMY

The Zildjian League
    Zildjian Vintage A Team

RIP Frank.............thanks for being part of my journey

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Kaylor View Post
    Its a bit of a blurry picture, but this is my Canopus Club Kit.

15" BD
    13" FT
    10" TT
    14" Mapex Pro M Snare

13" K Dark Hats
    19" Armand Beautiful Baby
    22" K Constantinople Hi Bell Med Thin Low Ride

Nice jazz set up and welcome to the board Kaylor.
    slot # 1

In support of l e i g h ' s campaign..............DC Record for Most Users Online
    BE COUNTED!

The Zildjian League
    Zildjian Vintage A Team

User Info Menu

Welcome to Drum Chat JazzDrummer, and Kaylor! Cool kits!
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

So many nice kits!!! That ddrum is beautiful, they seem to be getting so many players on board of late, they must really be doing something right!
    Gretsch Renown Maple 2000
    10/12/14/22
    Gretsch Solid Series G5000 Walnut 13x7
    Sabian Cymbals
    14'' AAX Stage Hats
    12'' AA Splash
    16'' HH Thin Crash
    10'' HH Duo Splash
    12'' HH Mini Chinese
    21'' HH Raw Bell Dry Ride
    18'' HH Dark Crash
    20'' HH Dark Chinese
    Evans Heads, Vater Sticks, Pearl & Tama Hardware
    View My Kit
    http://s1038.photobucket.com/albums/...%20Drum%20Kit/

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JazzyDrummer View Post
    Hey everyone! I've had a account here a while and have only been reading, but though I might as well post. Right now my kit is a 70's Slingerland with a 60's snare.
    14-snare
    13-tom
    16-floor tom
    22-bass

Cymbals are low end Zildjans(sp?) but I am saving up for some new ones, any suggestions?

(JD, if you copy the IMG code here, the pics will appear. - PB)
    Nice vintage set.....dont see too many Slingy's these days.

If you like the Zildjian cymbals then check out their A Custom line, I have them and cant say enough good things about them.

Welcome to the board.
    slot # 1

BE COUNTED!

The Zildjian League
    Zildjian Vintage A Team