Page 382 of 546 FirstFirst ... 282332372380381382383384392432482 ... LastLast
Results 9,526 to 9,550 of 13638

Thread: Show Us Your Drums!

User Info Menu

Default Re: Show Us Your Drums!

Love that set up and your kit areFish. I use the same type set up sometimes with my Premier kit. 13" up and 14" and 16" down. 24" Bass.
    Last edited by VIbes; 06-30-2011 at 09:00 AM.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by VIbes View Post
    Love that set up and your kit areFish. I use the same type set up sometimes with my Premier kit. 13" up and 14" and 16" down. 24" Bass.
    Sweet kit! What year did that kit come out?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Linchpin View Post
    I posted these over in the PDP area, but figured I should add to the pile here too. It's a PDP LX in cherry to black fade, a real mash of hardware and cymbals, but I'm slowly upgrading as I can afford to.

That is one beautiful looking kit right there!

User Info Menu

areFish it is a Resonator set from the mid 70's.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Linchpin View Post
    I posted these over in the PDP area, but figured I should add to the pile here too. It's a PDP LX in cherry to black fade, a real mash of hardware and cymbals, but I'm slowly upgrading as I can afford to.

I have to agree, that is an awesome black to red fade on that kit. Thanks for sharing!
    "...it's the Paradigm Of The Cosmos!" Stewart Copeland on Youtube

668: The Number Of The Guy Next Door To The Beast.

"A random act of kindness; it keeps my heart in shape!" - Late8

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by drummer5359 View Post

What is under the carpet in front of the bass drum?

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigElmo View Post
    how do you like your wuhan splash? I love my china!! and i've been wanting a splash, just not sure how they went on the splash route. let me know cause i''m seriously wanting the 10", what size do you have?
    I've got an 8 and a 10 and love both of them! I have gotten ride of my Zildjian splashes in favor of them.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ShaneRoney View Post

I've got an 8 and a 10 and love both of them! I have gotten ride of my Zildjian splashes in favor of them.
    Have you got Wuhan splashes too? Sweet. I love using a trio of 8" Wuhans in a few percussion set ups. The thickest one is nice and gongy for those sort of situations, almost like an efx cymbal rather than a splash.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ShaneRoney View Post
    Some drum rug makers actually build a stopper right into their rug like that. It's usually just a foam block glued to the rug with the same carpet material wrapped over it. It's a cool thing if you've got a lead foot and your bass drum like to walk.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by VIbes View Post
    Very very nice kit Vibes, great color can't lose. As always, you know how to find some awesome drum treasures! Are the resonators really as loud as they say in the catalog?
    ZildjianLeague/LP/Aquarian/Mapex/Pearl
    Snares: 4
    RIP- Frank, Wolvie, Les Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Pearl MCX Man View Post
    I wish I was your wife
    Quote Originally Posted by amdrummer View Post
    if double bass is cheating then so is using two sticks

Forum Rules
    DrumBum
    No metronome?
    The Rudiments

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by areFish View Post
    It may look something like this:

I tried this set up with my Mapex kit a while back as I liked the idea of a 1 up 2 down configuration:

However, I've since moved back to my standard offset 2 up 1 down. This was largely because the 12" tom didn't sound right as I expected a more floor tom sound. I use fusion size toms (10, 12, 14) but, I think if I had 12, 14, 16 it would work fine. It also didn't work out because I actually use my 12" tom the most so when it dropped to my right and my 10" became the prominent tom it didn't quite have the same presence, for obvious reasons.

Still, playing around with different configurations is fun and I would suggest all drummers try it once they have been playing a while. The offset 2 up 1 down works for me and I'm sure, with the right tom sizes, the 1 up 2 down would too as I really like being able to move my ride in close over the bass drum.
    PDP | Black Panther | Sabian |

User Info Menu

[QUOTE=ShaneRoney;405029]What is under the carpet in front of the bass drum?

That is a barrier that is sewn into the rug so that the bass will not move.
    -Mike

"We don't stop playing because we grow old.
    We grow old because we stop playing."

"I wish that my playing reminded people of Steve Gadd. But they seem to confuse me with his little known cousin... E."

"Snare drums happen."

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatDrummer View Post
    I tried this set up with my Mapex kit a while back as I liked the idea of a 1 up 2 down configuration:

However, I've since moved back to my standard offset 2 up 1 down. This was largely because the 12" tom didn't sound right as I expected a more floor tom sound. I use fusion size toms (10, 12, 14) but, I think if I had 12, 14, 16 it would work fine. It also didn't work out because I actually use my 12" tom the most so when it dropped to my right and my 10" became the prominent tom it didn't quite have the same presence, for obvious reasons.

Still, playing around with different configurations is fun and I would suggest all drummers try it once they have been playing a while. The offset 2 up 1 down works for me and I'm sure, with the right tom sizes, the 1 up 2 down would too as I really like being able to move my ride in close over the bass drum.
    I had the same issue with the 12 being down to the right. My 12 now sits stored in a drum bag.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by areFish View Post
    I wonder why they discontinued these? Very nice! I like how you turned your kick reso so the logo runs up and down.
    Haha thanks man I dunno man its a great set
    To become a great drummer first you must be humble enough to learn

My set up

Mapex Meridian Birch - Transparent Walnut

20x22 Bass
    10x7 & 12x8 Rack
    14x12 & 16x14 Floor

Chad Smith signature Snare

User Info Menu

Russ, I can say they are really live and sensitive. They are loud if you hit them hard. I took the birch resonator shells out when I was restoreing them and never put them back in.
    I have coated ambassadors on both sides of the toms and that mellows them out a little. Nice warm tone. I could definately use them in a hard rock situation.

User Info Menu

Tama Starclassic Performer B/B Hyperdrive.
    8 x 6
    10 x 6.5
    12 x 7
    16 x 14
    22 x 18
    14 x 5.5

Colour : Crimson Sky Blaze.
    Last edited by drum1964; 07-08-2011 at 03:46 AM.

User Info Menu

A few more pictures !

Crimson Sky Blaze is based on Mike Portnoy's 'Black Clouds and Silver Lining'-kit.
    It's a lacquer finish, not a wrap.
    Black nickel hardware.

User Info Menu

My new (11yr old) Pearl Prestige Session Select kit in a wine red lacquer finish.

"it is what it is"

"Dont rent anything you cant afford to burn in the backyard while drunk." - ThePloughman

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by drum1964 View Post

Tamar Star classic Performer B/B Hyper drive.
    8 x 6
    10 x 7
    12 x 7.5
    16 x 14
    22 x 18
    14 x 5.5

Color : Crimson Sky Blaze.

Beautiful Kit!
    "it is what it is"

"Dont rent anything you cant afford to burn in the backyard while drunk." - ThePloughman

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatDrummer View Post

I have 10/12/14 toms and went with a standard 4 piece setup (10/14), then put the 12 to the right of the 14. I play it like a 4 piece, but the 12 is still there when I have to have it in fills and for tribal type tom parts. This would work with the 10 and 12 switched just as well I think. I believe JoJo Mayer plays a setup like that with an 8" off to the right.

User Info Menu

A few more pictures !

Crimson Sky Blaze is based on Mike Portnoy's 'Black Clouds and Silver Lining'-kit.
    It's a lacquer finish, not a wrap.
    Black nickel hardware.
    Awesome kit! Welcome to drumchat 1964.
    I wish I was your wife

Forum Rules
    DrumBum
    No metronome?
    The Rudiments

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DrummerD View Post
    My new (11yr old) Pearl Prestige Session Select kit in a wine red lacquer finish.

A total beauty. I really love what you did with the lighting in the second pic, it almost looks like something professionally shot for a magazine cover. Love it man!
    I wish I was your wife

Forum Rules
    DrumBum
    No metronome?
    The Rudiments

User Info Menu

Drum1964...

What can I say? Welcome to Drum Chat and way to put up some eye popping art of a kit you own. Awesome!!!
    Signature here

User Info Menu

Beautiful kit, DrummerD.

Excellent photographs!
    Signature here

User Info Menu

Tama Starclassic Performer B/B Hyperdrive.
    8 x 6
    10 x 7
    12 x 7.5
    16 x 14
    22 x 18
    14 x 5.5

Colour : Crimson Sky Blaze.
    WOW! That finish is STUNNING! Maybe my favorite kit on this site so far! I love it. The black hardware just caps it off too. Really slick kit!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by marko138 View Post
    WOW! That finish is STUNNING! Maybe my favorite kit on this site so far! I love it. The black hardware just caps it off too. Really slick kit!
    Not wrong there Marko.