Page 458 of 546 FirstFirst ... 358408448456457458459460468508 ... LastLast
Results 11,426 to 11,450 of 13638

Thread: Show Us Your Drums!

Larrysperf Guest

Default Re: Show Us Your Drums!

Drummers set is like that

Larrysperf Guest

http://www.drumchat.com/picture.php?...pictureid=7503 Here you go same set just a little different

User Info Menu

That kit is a beast, Nighthawk. Wowza.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Nechre View Post
    Nice and clean setup as usual.

I keep forgetting to take a shot at one of the small gigs I've been playing, but I'm using a very similar setup currently, 20x18, 12x9, 14x11.

I've been meaning to ask, how much lighter is the 6000 series hardware than the 9000 series, really?
    Significantly lighter, much thinner. Still sturdy, built much better than any other flush base hardware. However, it won't be as sturdy as 9000 hardware. It is still DW quality; I couldn't be happier. I may grab another set of pedals - probably Speed Cobras - and keep the 6000 pedals as backups after this summer. I'll try and do a review sometime.
    C&C ll Rogers ll Ludwig ll Slingerland

Istanbul Agop 16" Signature Hats ll 15" 30th Anniversary Hats
    Istanbul Agop 22" Special Edition Jazz Ride ll 22" Trash Hit
    Istanbul Agop 24" Turk Jazz Ride

DW 6000/9000 Hardware ll Aquarian Drumheads ll Roland SPD-SX ll Ableton Live 9

User Info Menu

My current set... Premier Genista(8,10,12,14) with a 16" Gretsch floor tom Ludwig steel snare and Pearl Master Custom snare with Yamaha wooden hoops.

User Info Menu

Nice setup Rick. What's that little splash looking thing in the middle of your kit? And what's that big box to the left?
    Pdp LXE | Pearl ELX Export

'Give me your fingernails, oh look, the moon' - Todd Sucherman.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Marchand View Post
    My current set... Premier Genista(8,10,12,14) with a 16" Gretsch floor tom Ludwig steel snare and Pearl Master Custom snare with Yamaha wooden hoops.

Beautiful color, Rick. Merlot?

How do you like your wooden hooped snare? The last snare I heard with wooden hoops was very dead and flat. I didn't like it, personally.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by drumstix View Post
    Nice setup Rick. What's that little splash looking thing in the middle of your kit? And what's that big box to the left?
    I think you are referring to the RhythmTech Ribbon Crasher
    The bird house looking thingy is my slit/tongue drum(a remnant of my King Crimson phase... lol)

Quote Originally Posted by Bish View Post
    Beautiful color, Rick. Merlot?

How do you like your wooden hooped snare? The last snare I heard with wooden hoops was very dead and flat. I didn't like it, personally.
    Yes... Merlot it is! I was very pleased to find a snare and floor tom to almost perfectly match the kit. The wooden hoops definitely changed the sound. It increased the projection and gave me a deeper/warmer tone. The rimshots and clicks are fantastic with next to no "twang". Perhaps not suitable for all situations but well worth the investment.

User Info Menu

very nice, and a washboard too.
    Have you got you're ticket for the rock train? You gotta earn that Ticket!!

Premier Genista - Pearl Masters - Primus custom snare - Zildjian A Custom- DW 5000 pedal - Zildjian Zack Starkey sticks

I play lead Drums

User Info Menu

Gorgeous kit, Rick. And welcome to Drumchat!

User Info Menu

Yes... Merlot it is! I was very pleased to find a snare and floor tom to almost perfectly match the kit. The wooden hoops definitely changed the sound. It increased the projection and gave me a deeper/warmer tone. The rimshots and clicks are fantastic with next to no "twang". Perhaps not suitable for all situations but well worth the investment.
    Cool. Maybe it was the way the drummer had it tuned. Thanks for the reply. Kit is stunning by the way. Nice choices!!

User Info Menu

Sweet!

all the best...

User Info Menu

Thanks for the welcome!

Here is an alternate configuration that I messed around with(Bill Bruford inspired)...

Shooting videos while on tour in Eastern Europe... (rented kits)

and..... a kit diagram that was used for a Macedonian music magazine

User Info Menu

Love that stage setup Rick. Where was that filmed?

And welcome to the forum!

User Info Menu

Awesome kit Rick! My snare has wood hoops too. Big fan.
    ZildjianLeague/LP/Aquarian/Mapex/Pearl
    Snares: 4
    RIP- Frank, Wolvie, Les Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Pearl MCX Man View Post
    I wish I was your wife
    Quote Originally Posted by amdrummer View Post
    if double bass is cheating then so is using two sticks

Forum Rules
    DrumBum
    No metronome?
    The Rudiments

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by drummer View Post
    Love that stage setup Rick. Where was that filmed?

And welcome to the forum!
    Thanks. We shot four videos in Macedonia back in 2006. Two in the studio/stage and two in the mountains near Skopje(beautiful). It was with a band called "Eye Of Charm". They had sort of a Smashing Pumpkins sound. I recorded a demo album for them as a favor to a friend (I was hardly a rock drummer at the time) and just kinda ended up joining the band. It was a great experience. We were "Rockstars" in Europe but nobody knew us here, aside from a few months of videos on Much Music.
    Last edited by Rick Marchand; 05-24-2013 at 08:33 AM.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Donavan View Post
    What I am buying in about two weeks for my first kit.

Kit:

Tama Superstar Hyperdrive 6 piece cymbals not included.

Cymbals:

1x 18" MEINL Classics Custom Extreme Metal China
    1x 16" MEINL Classics Custom Extreme Metal Crash
    1x 10" MEINL Classics Custom Extreme Metal Splash
    1x 14” MEINL Classics Custom Extreme Metal Hihat
    1x 18” MEINL Classics Custom Extreme Metal Crash
    1x 20” MEINL Classics Custom Extreme Metal Ride

3 of these come in a pack for 500 (Ride, hihat, 18inch crash), so hopefully i can get my hands on that and then i only have to buy the splash, 18inch china and the 16inch crash...the pack sometimes does come with a free 16inch china i believe...so wouldn't have to buy the 18inch china...would is recommended or the difference is too small for a beginner?

Drum heads:

Evans EC2s clear for the tom batter..

I was also wondering what you could recommend i should get for the bass batter, bass reso, snare batter and the tom reso instead of the stock heads/resos.

Will post pics when i get all this! can't wait.
    Congrats! and welcome Donavan! I'd go Evans G1 clear for your reso heads on toms and EMAD 2 for bass drum batter and keep the Tama stock reso since you'd be fly'n the Tama logo...

User Info Menu

That's a cool stage setup, Rick. Doesn't give the other members much chance to come over and hang out during the gig though. One false step and they are gone. hehe

User Info Menu

Ha! Yes. The studio was also flooded with a few inches of water.... Zap!

User Info Menu

Logos, scmollgos. Unless they pay me, I don't advertise brands. I don't advertise for free. My Slingerland original 1965 reso is to tell those who know a bit what it is. Sometimes they will come up during a break to talk about them, I'm thrilled to meet Slingerland fans with knowledge of the history, and more importantly, what they did to design more musical potential into each drum. Original owner who has played most other top brands but haven't found a better sounding drum. Just sayin'.

Strider

User Info Menu

Re-setup my Gretsch Catalina Birch kit today. Took off a 13" rack tom and one of the kick drums. Also took off a few cymbals, and experimented with placement of others. I stacked a 10" Wuhan splash on a 12" holy splash by the hi hats for a new effect.
    [IMG][/IMG]
    Love my Gretsch sound!

User Info Menu

Does it make a big difference changing the stock bass reso?, I mean everyone makes a big deal about the tom/snare so I would imagine so...but now that it hink about it i almost never see a brandless bass drum..does that mean the majority of people don't change it?
    I have changed the reso head of my kick a few times. it came with a black Gretsch front, then I changed it to a plain black Aquarian I forget the exact series. but it did make a difference in the sound for the better. After being damaged along the years of gigging I recently replaced it with a Gretsch logo White batter head this time. It took some experimenting but finally got it to sound just as good as an non-logo head. I think it's more the fact of showing what you have kinda thing.
    Love my Gretsch sound!

User Info Menu

You definitely can't go wrong. All good recommendations. I've never been one that just changes drum heads just because I bought a new kit. I like to see what comes stock and go from there. I've never been disappointed with higher end kits' stock heads. They are usually supplied with what you'd go purchase for a lower end kit, in my experience. Plus, if you don't try out the stock heads you don't have any basis for comparison.

Plus, you will probably shell out an additional $200 USD for an extra set of heads you may find you didn't need.

User Info Menu

Here's how I mount my toms on the rack

User Info Menu

"We don't stock those cymbals... However we can do a great Zildjian A Custom Pack for $1039. A Zildjian 10" A Custom Splash for $165 and an 18" Zildjian Oriental China for $310. Zildjian Cymbals sound fantastic and have a two year waranty!"

Any thoughts on that?
    That's a little bit high on the Zildjian A custom pack. I won't put out any urls but a simple quick search you can find the pack for under 750.00
    Proud Yamaha Player

The line between the real world and the machine world is becoming more and more blurred every day.But its not that humans are turning into automations or becoming slaves to the machines.No, we're simply growing toward each other!