Page 390 of 546 FirstFirst ... 290340380388389390391392400440490 ... LastLast
Results 9,726 to 9,750 of 13638

Thread: Show Us Your Drums!

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

Default Re: Show Us Your Drums!

Shane, you remind me of, well, me. I also cut my moongels in half and put them over the logos. I like the concert tom on your kit, it fits surprisingly well aesthetically. Nice!
    C&C ll Rogers ll Ludwig ll Slingerland

Istanbul Agop 16" Signature Hats ll 15" 30th Anniversary Hats
    Istanbul Agop 22" Special Edition Jazz Ride ll 22" Trash Hit
    Istanbul Agop 24" Turk Jazz Ride

DW 6000/9000 Hardware ll Aquarian Drumheads ll Roland SPD-SX ll Ableton Live 9

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by IAmNotATable View Post
    Shane, you remind me of, well, me. I also cut my moongels in half and put them over the logos. I like the concert tom on your kit, it fits surprisingly well aesthetically. Nice!
    I've elminated all use of Moongel. I still keep some on hand but I've really come to like the sound of all my drums wide open.

User Info Menu

Thanks guys!

Quote Originally Posted by marko138 View Post
    I've elminated all use of Moongel. I still keep some on hand but I've really come to like the sound of all my drums wide open.
    I could probably do without it live if the head wasn't brand new. With the drums alone, they are still a but too ringy for me, at least with a single ply head.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ShaneRoney View Post
    Thanks guys!

I could probably do without it live if the head wasn't brand new. With the drums alone, they are still a but too ringy for me, at least with a single ply head.
    I use 2 ply coated right now, so it's less of an issue for me.

User Info Menu

Shane, that acrylic floor tom looks great with the kit! Now, if you could could put a small light in it, and trigger it so it lights up when you play it . . .
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pastor_bob View Post
    Shane, that acrylic floor tom looks great with the kit! Now, if you could could put a small light in it, and trigger it so it lights up when you play it . . .
    That was my thought as well. I looked around and didn't see any commercial products that fit the bill, though.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by marko138 View Post
    I use 2 ply coated right now, so it's less of an issue for me.
    I actually hate moongel, so this is just when I use it. I got my first pack last week. Only use it when the song requires a bit of muffling or something. I prefer e-rings, but I never muffle the snare unless we're recording, where I do a little bit. When recording, you can add reverb later. Half a gel only kills the worst offending tones, then still lets in ring out.
    C&C ll Rogers ll Ludwig ll Slingerland

Istanbul Agop 16" Signature Hats ll 15" 30th Anniversary Hats
    Istanbul Agop 22" Special Edition Jazz Ride ll 22" Trash Hit
    Istanbul Agop 24" Turk Jazz Ride

DW 6000/9000 Hardware ll Aquarian Drumheads ll Roland SPD-SX ll Ableton Live 9

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by IAmNotATable View Post
    I actually hate moongel, so this is just when I use it. I got my first pack last week. Only use it when the song requires a bit of muffling or something. I prefer e-rings, but I never muffle the snare unless we're recording, where I do a little bit. When recording, you can add reverb later. Half a gel only kills the worst offending tones, then still lets in ring out.
    Good to know. I've only ever used a full piece. Usually on my snare and used to on my 16" floor tom.

User Info Menu

http://s1098.photobucket.com/albums/...t=DSC01959.jpg

http://s1098.photobucket.com/albums/...t=DSC01953.jpg

http://s1098.photobucket.com/albums/...t=DSC01952.jpg

My first post here of my export. If you're all wondering why i have my ride on the left it's because i play open handed

User Info Menu

Welcome to DC LiPsNoT or at least congrats on your first post! I inserted the IMG code for your pics so they show up directly here on DC (is that OK?). Great pics. That wood grain really pops in that outdoor lighting. Nice scenery too. What is that side FT to you got there?

User Info Menu

^^^^^^^^very nice loving the finish. What is it with most people now that have only 1 rack tom
    CURRENT SETUP-
    Sonic Drive 7 piece kit.
    2 up 2 down

- Sabian AA Holy China 17"
    - Meinl classics custom extreme metal crash 18"
    - Sabian AA 16" crash
    - Zildjian Z custom 20" ride
    - Evans G2 heads
    - Pearl Demon Drive Double Pedal
    -Joey Jordison signature snare drum.

Drummer For: *BAND HAS NO NAME YET*
    Genre:Metal/Screamo

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Lucius-Borich-JR View Post
    ^^^^^^^^very nice loving the finish. What is it with most people now that have only 1 rack tom
    If you notice he's got two rack toms. One of them is positioned low like a FT for 1 up 2 down.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Lucius-Borich-JR View Post
    Most people have one rack tom to optimise Ride positioning. It allows you more room to position cymbals closer in. It's also cheaper to get a 4pc than a 5pc. I also personally think a 1up-2down set-up looks sweet.
    Hope this helps.
    J-D

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Cuban View Post
    Thank you.

UFIP were and remain, a total cymbal revelation to me.
    My brand of choice was Sabian. Then one of the shows I was working on, dictated I had to use Paiste Signatures and as you will know, both brands are stunning. However, when I found UFIP, it moved my view on cymbals in to a whole new game in a different league.

I know I won't be popular with some for saying this, but play any quality cymbal and it will naturally sound great. Play it side by side to a UFIP and you will understand what I am about to say.

Due to their unique manufacturing process (roto-casting,) which removes impurities and shapes the cymbal without hammering, the sound quality and tonal range of the UFIPs making even many of my most treasured other brand cymbals sound like entry level products. Church bells are made this way, that should tell you something!

Strong words, but just go and try them back to back with your current cymbals and you will see what I mean.

The 14" Bionic hi-hats, 22" Bionic ride and the 19" Blast Crash that I have, will sit in any kit I play as they are as if UFIP made them for me! Total perfection in sound and feel.

I'm still looking for the final cymbal in my 'ultimate four', but I am sure UFIP will also provide that as I get to try more.

I'm arranging a group trip to the factory in Italy next year if anyone here is interested?
    Yeah, I know what you mean Cuban. At the moment I alternate between my 20" Paiste Sound Formula Full Ride (still my #1) and a 20" UFIP Class Series Ride. Plus I also have a small UFIP Ice Bell that I'd set up every now and then. And years back, way before they slowly took foothold here, I used to get UFIP splashes dirt cheap from Billy Hyde's Drumcraft, something like AU$60, an unheard of price in the late 80's/early 90's, when Paiste splashes were prohibitively expensive for a struggling student like me back then. This was in the days when the UFIP logo was painted in green, white and I think one other colour (I know because I passed up an offer to buy a UFIP flat ride in those days.....been kicking myself ever since).

Man, I would love to go on a group trip to Pistoia (just wondering if I could ever afford it though? Plus the time off, all that, yada yada).....but if you ever need an Italian interpreter.....lol
    "...it's the Paradigm Of The Cosmos!" Stewart Copeland on Youtube

668: The Number Of The Guy Next Door To The Beast.

"A random act of kindness; it keeps my heart in shape!" - Late8

User Info Menu

Nice kit LiPsNoT! Whats that red floor tom on the left side?
    Sonor - Pearl - Tama - Mapex - Paiste - Sabian - Roc N Soc - Pro Mark - Gibralter - Evans - Dixon - Mapex

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by almostmatt1 View Post
    Nice kit LiPsNoT! Whats that red floor tom on the left side?
    That would be a cheap 'dxp' floor tom from my very first kit. It's main purpose now is to hold my ipod

User Info Menu

Looks excellent. Very clean kit Welcome to Drumchat.
    Sonor - Pearl - Tama - Mapex - Paiste - Sabian - Roc N Soc - Pro Mark - Gibralter - Evans - Dixon - Mapex

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by LiPsNoT View Post

My first post here of my export. If you're all wondering why i have my ride on the left it's because i play open handed
    Nice. My Friend has that exact same kit. (minus the red lefty) bet it sounds great with those heads.
    Drummer for Almondy Brown and Redeemer Church of Lakeland | Session Artist | Private Instructor
    Facebook.com/PerryEarlDrums
    Instagram.com/PerryEarlDrums
    Twitter.com/PerryEarlDrums
    AlmondyBrown.com

User Info Menu

I realize that I just posted pics of this kit, but I got it out of the house in a bigger room where I could use my DLSR camera and get some way better shots. Plus - no one has ever complained of too many pics around here.

If you want to hear this kit in this configuration, check out my Paul Revere Beastie Boys cover here

http://www.drumchat.com/showthread.p...ver-22538.html

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

Shane that setup looks sharp!! Nice kit man. You must have a decent camera as well, your pics are really good quality.
    Pdp LXE | Pearl ELX Export

'Give me your fingernails, oh look, the moon' - Todd Sucherman.

User Info Menu

As you say, you can never have too many quality shots like yours Shane! The kit looks wonderful!
    PROUD TO BE ENDORSED BY DUALLIST PEDALS
    Drums: Phil Collins Pearl DLX | Pink Floyd DW Exotic Bird's Eye | Natal Bubinga Custom Fusion | Cymbals: DIRIL & UFIPeDrums: 2Box DrumIt 5
    BACK BEATING DRUMMING BLOG ||| PINK FLOYD DW KIT ||| PHIL COLLINS PEARL KIT
    www.graham-collins.com/drummer ||| www.pinkfloyddrums.com ||| PHIL COLLINS PEARL KIT

User Info Menu

Here's my Yamaha set. Great little blues kit.
    Drumming since 1965 and still going!
    Max Weinberg - "More than any other drummer, Ringo Starr changed my life.
    The impact and memory of that band on the Ed Sullivan Show in 1964 will never leave me."

"Sometimes you'd come up against a brick wall... or sometimes you go into a fill and you'd know halfway through it was going to be disastrous."
    John Bonham

www.willieandtheblueshounds.com

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by drumstix View Post
    Shane that setup looks sharp!! Nice kit man. You must have a decent camera as well, your pics are really good quality.
    Thanks Marko, Cuban, Drumstix. I have a Cannon 10D left over from when I was a radio station webmaster/photographer. It's a bit dated now, but I have a really great lens which results in good shots.