Page 395 of 546 FirstFirst ... 295345385393394395396397405445495 ... LastLast
Results 9,851 to 9,875 of 13638

Thread: Show Us Your Drums!

User Info Menu

Default Re: Show Us Your Drums!

Here is a few more photos for you MrB. The Bubinga Stave Snare I built in June of this year. This is my last build!! Too much time and money to finish a snare like this. It would be a nice hobby if I were retired and had a lot of time on my hands. The other snares are my Premier "Signia" and Premier "HeavyRock 9" monster. I sold the Black Magic to get a 5x14 Black Beauty ( and a new mapex falcon double pedal) I just love the photo I took of the HeavyRock 9. It looks like a beam of light that Keith Moon would ride down on from Premier Heaven. The color of the Signia kit is a Sapphire Stain on maple shells not blue. They almost glow from the woodgrain.

Last edited by HEAVYROCK9; 09-21-2011 at 08:15 PM.
    SAPPHIRE PREMIER "SIGNIA" MAPLE DRUMSET
    24" x 18" kick

18" x 16" floor tom
    10" x 9" tom
    12" x 10" tom
    13" x 11" tom
    14" x 12" tom
    5 1/2" x 14" maple PREMIER SIGNIA snare
    7" x 14" Bubinga Stave Built Snare
    9" x 14" brass PREMIER HEAVYROCK9 snare
    6 1/2 x 14 LUDWIG BLACK MAGIC snare
    14" K zildjian top 14" Z zildjiaan bottom
    20" K zildjian ride
    16" A zildjian crash
    18" AAX Sabian crash
    12" HH Sabian splash
    Mapex Falcon Double Bass

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Lucius-Borich-JR View Post
    Nice kits everyone....loving the clear Ludwig kit. I'm so jealous.
    It's a drumcraft not a luddy

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by STACK57 View Post
    Well, I re-arranged the Drum Room abit today. Tried to give some of the space back to the family. Not much, just want to show I care. About my drums that is. The better half is wanting to down size the home. No way, need room for more drums and drum stuff.

STACK 57 ,
    I love those Gretch Renowns. I seen one at our local Drum Store and have wanted to add it my "Drum Room" with my Premiers. Something that looks that nice MUST sound just as good. There is a large RENOWN Neon Clock beside the set at our drum store. The owner said he would throw in the clock if I bought the drums. I would love to have just the clock. Have you seen it? My wife does not see a need for more drums and would not be very happy if I dropped $2000 on more drums. She agreed that I can get a Mapex Falcon double pedal and a 5 x 14 Black Beauty so a new kit is out of the question (for now). Someday I hope to own one of those kits (with the clock). I've just got to stay away from buying snares and save to get the Renown.

Nice touch with the dice!
    Last edited by HEAVYROCK9; 09-21-2011 at 07:58 PM.
    SAPPHIRE PREMIER "SIGNIA" MAPLE DRUMSET
    24" x 18" kick

18" x 16" floor tom
    10" x 9" tom
    12" x 10" tom
    13" x 11" tom
    14" x 12" tom
    5 1/2" x 14" maple PREMIER SIGNIA snare
    7" x 14" Bubinga Stave Built Snare
    9" x 14" brass PREMIER HEAVYROCK9 snare
    6 1/2 x 14 LUDWIG BLACK MAGIC snare
    14" K zildjian top 14" Z zildjiaan bottom
    20" K zildjian ride
    16" A zildjian crash
    18" AAX Sabian crash
    12" HH Sabian splash
    Mapex Falcon Double Bass

User Info Menu

Thanks HeavyRock, I may be a bit biased but the Renowns do sound good. I have the same problem with snares also. Just picked another two off the bay. A fantastic Noble & Cooley Horizon Snare from 1991, and a 1970's Ludwig Suphraphonic. It might be easier to justify if I was gigging regularly but the day job does not allow at the moment. Keep the faith and you will get those Renowns.

This is the Noble & Cooley, the Ludwig should be here Saturday.
    STACK57

Any man who may be asked in this century, what he did to make his life worthwhile...
    Can respond with a good deal of pride and satisfaction, "I served in the United States Navy".
    -- President John F. Kennedy

Gretsch Renown 57 and Renowns in Cherry Burst
    Noble & Cooley CD Maple kit and Horizon Hybrid kit
    Gretsch, Noble & Cooley, Pearl, Ludwig and Slingerland Snares
    Bosphorus & Zildjian Cymbals
    Gilbraltar Hardware

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by HEAVYROCK9 View Post
    Here is a few more photos for you MrB.
    Thank you for indulging me! I may be mistaken, but was there a thread some time ago that you made detailing the construction of the stave snare?

Here are some new shots of the kit I took today at the guitar player's house.

I recently streamlined some hardware since I last posted photos- the cymbal boom to the right has now been restored to its original state.

I had swapped in a longer arm when I used an 18" crash as a ride last winter and forgot to swap it back.

Lastly, after some hesitation about possibly cutting my hand by accident, I've been using an inverted splash atop the smaller crash. It has grown on me!

Last edited by MrB; 09-21-2011 at 11:29 PM.
    A simple, elegant design is good engineering.

Axis | Ayotte | Evans | Gibraltar | Ludwig | Pro-Mark | Remo | Roc-N-Soc | SKB | Taye | Vic Firth | Whitney| Yamaha | Zildjian

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

dave0549jv Guest

Holy 24" deep snare, Batman!

User Info Menu

14" wide plus 10" deep = 24" lol

User Info Menu

Last edited by Olimpass; 09-24-2011 at 03:57 AM.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Olimpass View Post
    Love the blue sparkle and that snare is a beast! Great collection of kits.

User Info Menu

Thank you areFish and suprisingly those snares are not too hard to find either. I have been seeing them quite often but at a wide range of prices $50-$200. I'd like to make a vid soon so people can hear it.

User Info Menu

Nice collection there, Olimpass!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ntn2it View Post
    Yeah Pastor Bob, I suppose they do look huge, but that is just my fancy camera work. All of my sticks are Promark 5A's. I was using the naturals in hickory for awhile, but they just don't hold up very well. I find that the tips come apart and split rather easily. I have been changing over to the Shira Kashi Oak sticks. They seem to last alot longer, and have a little more stick definition.
    I just bought a pair of nylon tipped, Promark 5b Kashi oak wood. I like the way the snare and ride sounds, even a non drummer could tell there is a difference

Aha, I can't believe some people have like three drum sets! I am happy with just one! (not even a big setup :P) Do drummer go through a mid life crisis of buying drumsets?

Ahaha I'm just joking of course, but I think I'll be sticking to one drum set at a time. At least, thats what I think as of now
    5 Piece Pearl kit 12" 13" 16" toms, 14" snare.
    16" Sabian XS20 Rock Crash
    20" Sabian XS20 Medium Ride
    14" Sabian AAX-Celerator Hi-Hats
    18" Sabian AAX-Plosion Crash
    19" Sabian AAX-Treme Chinese - pending
    Pearl Power Stroke Eliminator X Double kick pedal
    "The things that are worth knowing, cannot be taught." -Oscar Wilde
    "If you think you can or you think you can't, either way, you're right!." -Henry Ford

User Info Menu

Haven't been on DC a lot since school started, so I haven't been able to get many pics of the new Superstars up. They are currently packed up for a show next weekend (and my wife wanted them out of the way for my daughter's bday party today), but here are some pics of the kit (with my Stewart Copeland snare) at our gig a local fair last Sat.

Not too many of just the kit. My wife was taking pictures and I guess doesn't like pics of my drums .
    Jesse

1986 Tama Crestar - Lacquered Piano White
    2016 Roland TD-25K
    2015 Tama Starclassic B/B - Indigo Blue Sparkle

User Info Menu

Like the gig pics KO, and the kit looks great onstage! You need to tell your gutar player that his amp was sideways.
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

Thanks PB. FYI he likes the amp sideways on the stand for some reason. He's shorter so maybe it makes it higher? .
    Jesse

2016 Roland TD-25K

Larrysperf Guest

Quote Originally Posted by kaosotis View Post
    Haven't been on DC a lot since school started, so I haven't been able to get many pics of the new Superstars up. They are currently packed up for a show next weekend (and my wife wanted them out of the way for my daughter's bday party today), but here are some pics of the kit (with my Stewart Copeland snare) at our gig a local fair last Sat.

Not too many of just the kit. My wife was taking pictures and I guess doesn't like pics of my drums .
    Sick lookin(the drums) lol
    I really like the finish on them. You done good Snare looks great also

User Info Menu

Thanks Larry. I'm very happy with them. They need a good tuning before the show next Sat., but they are really great drums and I love the finish.
    Jesse

2016 Roland TD-25K

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by kaosotis View Post

Looks great!

User Info Menu

great pics but the bass player looks like he's gonna kick somebodys butt

User Info Menu

thank you areFish and almostmatt1
    Last edited by Olimpass; 09-29-2011 at 08:38 PM.

User Info Menu

Last edited by Deedubs!; 09-28-2011 at 12:00 AM. Reason: Trying to get the photo to pop up

User Info Menu

User Info Menu