Page 500 of 546 FirstFirst ... 400450490498499500501502510 ... LastLast
Results 12,476 to 12,500 of 13638

Thread: Show Us Your Drums!

User Info Menu

Default Re: Show Us Your Drums!

@Rick.

Why the huge gap between the bass drums? I thought the batter side hoops were supposed to almost touch...like a V

all the best...

User Info Menu

Ludwig Classic Maples. 12, 14, 18" kick. Ludwig Atlas mounts for tom,ride and two crashes. HH mounted snare.

User Info Menu

I find the white heads look fantastic with the finish on those Luddys, 0sparky0.
    Signature here

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 0sparky0 View Post
    Ludwig Classic Maples. 12, 14, 18" kick. Ludwig Atlas mounts for tom,ride and two crashes. HH mounted snare.

Looks good................I had to take a look again...........only 1 stand!

I've been thinking about doing something similar.

User Info Menu

does your snare move at all being you're only using a 2 legged hi-hat stand?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by kay-gee View Post
    @Rick.

Why the huge gap between the bass drums? I thought the batter side hoops were supposed to almost touch...like a V

all the best...
    yeah that's a huge gap.. seems like a big stretch

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SpazApproved View Post
    yeah that's a huge gap.. seems like a big stretch
    No idea how he plays them like this but Dave McClain from Machine Head has a HUGE gap between kicks too...and look how low those toms sit in there.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by FlyByNight View Post
    Looks great!
    Quote Originally Posted by CB700 View Post
    That is a sweet Tama kit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bish View Post
    My most favorite finish ever!
    Thanks guys. I also opted for the black Nickel hardware. Thought it complimented the set even more.

User Info Menu

I did some re-arranging last night and got the octobans where I wanted them (had to put the longer rack piece at the front which was previously on the hi-hat side). Also adjusted the tom angles so they are more "flowing" and was able to fit other pieces that I had been using stands for, onto the rack (tambourines, china). Now I only have 4 feet on the ground and those belong to the rack system.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by marko138 View Post
    No idea how he plays them like this but Dave McClain from Machine Head has a HUGE gap between kicks too...and look how low those toms sit in there.

I'd feel like I'm sitting at the doctors giving birth with my legs spread like that to play double bass. lol

User Info Menu

Cool set up sparky
    Conrad

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SpazApproved View Post
    I'd feel like I'm sitting at the doctors giving birth with my legs spread like that to play double bass. lol
    HA! No doubt.

User Info Menu

Thanks for the nice comments, guys! It's a cool little kit. The only stand is, in fact, the DW hi hat. The snare is mounted to that. Doesn't move. SO far The snare is in line with the legs. It's a small snare though. I wouldn't go mounting a 14x8" w cast hoops on it.

The Atlas Arch is not only an excellent handle, for setup and teardown, but also the platform for the tom, ride and crash. Pretty darned handy!

I really love the Blue Oyster Olive wrap. It's weird, but people really seem to like it. Normal people, not just drummers, I mean. I have several other kits, that have done lots and lots of gigs, and only on the rarest of occasions have people said,"wow, that is a beautiful set of drums!". Which happens every time these ones see the light of day.

User Info Menu

The former dude from WASP had some distance between his kicks to.
    System of Power

User Info Menu

That's crazy. How the heck? Must be some type of remote-electronic-flux-capacitor pedal.

Tex

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hellride View Post
    The former dude from WASP had some distance between his kicks to.
    Ya, that doesn't even look possible to play. Gotta be some linkage trickery going on.

User Info Menu

Big gap, but that kit is nice!
    Quote Originally Posted by rickthedrummer View Post
    There is intelligent life out there. The problem is that there isn't any here.

-Mike

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Texdrumr View Post
    That's crazy. How the heck? Must be some type of remote-electronic-flux-capacitor pedal.

Tex
    Actually, it's quite simple. He's using two doublepedals. One left and one right. Checked out his setup when they played in Karlstad, Sweden years ago.
    System of Power

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hellride View Post
    Actually, it's quite simple. He's using two doublepedals. One left and one right. Checked out his setup when they played in Karlstad, Sweden years ago.
    That would have been my guess. Good call, hellride.

Cool idea, too, for the visual effects.

I don't recall ever having that much room to even think up that kind of situation.
    Signature here

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bish View Post
    That would have been my guess. Good call, hellride.

Cool idea, too, for the visual effects.

I don't recall ever having that much room to even think up that kind of situation.
    I wouldn't have thought of it. It's a pretty cool idea for more toms in front of the snare.

-Mike

User Info Menu

I found a spot for my 15'' tom,I dropped it down and using it as a f/t. This is my oldest of my 5 kits,1980 slingerland. It's been modified by me for the better. The snare is a 1980 ludwig colisium snare (maple). Set also maple.
    Last edited by drummerMD; 03-07-2015 at 10:05 PM.

User Info Menu

Looks great drummerMD. Having a floor tom on the left opens a lot more fill opportunities.

-Mike

User Info Menu

Thanks, I thought that would be a good spot for it. I have a 14"tom in storage,but thats another episode.

User Info Menu

Lookin' good!
    Signature here

User Info Menu

Thanks Bish