RDM/Damage Poets
    UFiP TAMAHA Zildjian
    REGAL TiP
    AQUARIAN

User Info Menu

Default Re: Top 30 richest drummers

Quote Originally Posted by slinky View Post
    I'd settle for 5 mil.
    Hahaha...if I got $100 bucks a night and free beer until last call, that's a great night for me!

User Info Menu

The funny thing is, they are all extremely rich multi-millionaires. I can't even fathom having a million dollars.. It might make me sound poor, but i'm kinda wondering why i'm not richer!
    ZildjianLeague/LP/Aquarian/Mapex/Pearl
    Snares: 4
    RIP- Frank, Wolvie, Les Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Pearl MCX Man View Post
    I wish I was your wife
    Quote Originally Posted by amdrummer View Post
    if double bass is cheating then so is using two sticks

Forum Rules
    DrumBum
    No metronome?
    The Rudiments

User Info Menu

Whoa! Kyle, I'm a big Genesis/Phil Collins fan. I think Phil is incredibly talented, and very underated as a drummer.
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

I think Neil should be up there with Ringo because he came out about 10 years after the Beatles mania. Neil wrote most of the Rush songs etc. As for Buddy Rich RIP probably was probably worth some millions too but you could not compare it with the other drummers.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by late8 View Post
    hahaha...if i got $100 bucks a night and free beer until last call, that's a great night for me!

+1

User Info Menu

hahaha...if i got $100 bucks a night and free beer until last call, that's a great night for me!
    +2
    I wish I was your wife

Forum Rules
    DrumBum
    No metronome?
    The Rudiments

User Info Menu

I think Neil should be up there with Ringo because he came out about 10 years after the Beatles mania. Neil wrote most of the Rush songs etc. As for Buddy Rich RIP probably was probably worth some millions too but you could not compare it with the other drummers.
    Why can't you? I mean he accumulated a certain number, i'm wondering if it would have made it onto this list. Dead or alive shouldn't matter for record keeping and lists like this one.
    I wish I was your wife

Forum Rules
    DrumBum
    No metronome?
    The Rudiments

User Info Menu

If that's how much drummers make... how much do frontmen make? (Although some drummers on the list do a bit of both)

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Russ View Post
    The funny thing is, they are all extremely rich multi-millionaires. I can't even fathom having a million dollars.. It might make me sound poor, but i'm kinda wondering why i'm not richer!
    It's all about personal choices I think.

User Info Menu

What happen to Steve Gadd? He is the most recorded drummer alive.
    Mapex Saturn, Cherry Sparkle, 6 piece Studioese

Black Panther Cherry/Maple

Sabian AA cymbals

User Info Menu

Last I heard, he was playing in his own band called the Gaddabouts.

User Info Menu

thanks for that info Drummer, I'm just wondering why he isn't listed in the top 30 money makers.
    Mapex Saturn, Cherry Sparkle, 6 piece Studioese

Black Panther Cherry/Maple

Sabian AA cymbals

Larrysperf Guest

What surprised me the most?? Neil Peart at $22 million
    We are taxed the the nines here lol so income is a lot lower

Larrysperf Guest

From Wiki:

As a group, Rush possesses 24 gold records and 14 platinum (3 multi-platinum) records. Rush's sales statistics place them third behind The Beatles and The Rolling Stones for the most consecutive gold or platinum studio albums by a rock band. Rush also ranks 79th in U.S. album sales, with 25 million units. Although total worldwide album sales are not calculated by any single entity, as of 2004 several industry sources estimated Rush's total worldwide album sales at over 40 million units.

Must be the taxes in Canada???
    Also Getty recieves the most out of the band on their pay scale

Larrysperf Guest

News Flash: Buddy's dead. Everybody on this list still has blood pumping through their veins....Charlie Watts may not look 'alive' but he still tours
    You leave Charlie alone lol 1 of my fav drummers.find some of his stuff without the stones you will see why

User Info Menu

Aye, if anyone can still drum at 71 like Charlie does then he is definitly still alive. I saw him 6 months ago at the Stones concert and he still can keep up the beat like he did 40 years ago but he did gasp a little for air after a few songs but that is to be expected at that age.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pastor_bob View Post
    Whoa! Kyle, I'm a big Genesis/Phil Collins fan. I think Phil is incredibly talented, and very underated as a drummer.
    +1 phil is a fabulous drummer, an innovator behind the drums.
    his barking fills im sure influenced people well beyond his own brand of pop.

genisis, brand x, need i say more.
    don't put off till tomorrow what you can put off today

User Info Menu

While you guys are on the subject of Phil collins has anyone seen him play these days. Last I saw him he was just getting back into drumming and he was having a bit of problem doing it. I hope he has gotten better.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by onegourd View Post
    +1 phil is a fabulous drummer, an innovator behind the drums.
    his barking fills im sure influenced people well beyond his own brand of pop.

genisis, brand x, need i say more.
    Phil Collins was my biggest influences getting into drumming. Not because of his work with Genesis or anything, mainly because when I was little and watched Tarzan, I got to see videos of him behind the scenes making the music. I was 7 years old when I watched that for the first time, and that's what made me bug my parents about a kit

While you guys are on the subject of Phil collins has anyone seen him play these days. Last I saw him he was just getting back into drumming and he was having a bit of problem doing it. I hope he has gotten better.
    Last I heard, he was getting better as far as his health, still had to do some special stuff to the sticks though, he still couldn't grip them. But he felt under appreciated and said he was permanently retiring. According to Yahoo anyways.....

As far as the list, I get Phil Collins being up there, don't really get Don Henley(Much respect to the guy, love the Eagles), and don't really get Peart being so far down on the list.
    Dw | Zildjian | Pro-Mark | Evans

User Info Menu

I think the reason why Phil is not up there is that he went through 3 divorces and I think the last one cost him 23 million. As for Neil I don't understand it either some say is because he is overtaxed in Canada but he lives in California figure that one out.