Thread: how's this for a power weekend....

User Info Menu

Default how's this for a power weekend....

my weekend started out at 8 am friday morning when i hopped in the van and we drove 6.5 hrs to montecello, ny to play a radio gig for the local country station thunder country... after the show drove 7hrs overnight to buffalo to catch an early morning flight to be in denver saturday evening... then drove to steamboat springs colorado to play the big outdoor stage downtown on sunday afternoon... 4am wake up call to leave for home and i'm just now getting in.... man that was alot of travel! haha.... it was worth it to see steam boat springs though. that place has got to be one of the most beautiful places on earth... my first time there but it will definately not be the last. great people and great times... i plan on getting back as soon as i can to experience it with more leisure time.

User Info Menu

Default Re: how's this for a power weekend....

Good for you. What fun!

User Info Menu

Sounds exhausting, but I'm betting you put your tired body in bed with a big smile on your face. Glad you had a good time. Just out of curiosity, did you have a lot of gear to get to the Steamboat Springs gig, and if so, what vehicle did you rent to get it , and you, there?
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

HI TruckerD, sounds like your band is in demand and that's a good thing. Did sound like a whirlwind weekend tho'.

User Info Menu

That's a lot of travel!

User Info Menu

it was exhausting.... steamboat is actually incredible. i never would have known about the place if it wasn't for the past weekend. pastor bob, we flew to the colorado gig so all that was brought on the plane were the guitars. the rest of the gear was rented and set up on the stage for us before sound check. i played in the sean patrick mcgraw band... check him out he's an up and coming country artist and very talented. he's sold songs to montgomery gentry and daryll worley amongst others. the band takes several forms. i'm not actually the primary drummer but i was lucky enough to get in on this trip. so if anyone gets a chance to check out mr mcgraw or steamboat springs, please take it!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by truckerdrummer View Post
    it was exhausting.... steamboat is actually incredible. i never would have known about the place if it wasn't for the past weekend. pastor bob, we flew to the colorado gig so all that was brought on the plane were the guitars. the rest of the gear was rented and set up on the stage for us before sound check. i played in the sean patrick mcgraw band... check him out he's an up and coming country artist and very talented. he's sold songs to montgomery gentry and daryll worley amongst others. the band takes several forms. i'm not actually the primary drummer but i was lucky enough to get in on this trip. so if anyone gets a chance to check out mr mcgraw or steamboat springs, please take it!
    Very cool gig. Congrats on the chance to play with sean patrick mcgraw's band. My wife is a huge country music fan. I'm sure she's heard of them.