Thread: in the mean time... (Video Clip of me waiting for engineer to start session)

User Info Menu

Default in the mean time... (Video Clip of me waiting for engineer to start session)

Hello Everyone,

Here's a clip of me waiting to start a recording session. As it turns out, the snare was too hot and the take was scrapped.

Take Care,

www.jonahdavid.com

User Info Menu

Default Re: in the mean time... (Video Clip of me waiting for engineer to start session)

Good stuff jonahdavid! It's interesting that you tilt you snare away from you, but you play matched grip. Did you play, or do you also play, traditional grip?

Welcome to Drum Chat!
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

Default Re: in the mean time... (Video Clip of me waiting for engineer to start session)

Hi Bob,

I can play traditional grip but don't have nearly as much endurance. I had some hip surgeries and as a result I had to raise my thrown considerably above 90 degrees. I then had to reset how I set up and tilting the snare away from me made the most sense.

Thanks for the welcome, I hope you had a great Thanksgiving!

Jonah

User Info Menu

Welcome to Drum Chat. Very nice playing! Thanks for sharing.
    TAMA- '2018 Star Walnut, ‘99 Starclassic Performer, '89 Granstar, ‘93 Rockstar
    Gretsch- 1963 Round Badge
    Zildjian
    Remo
    Vic Firth
    Speed Cobra Double Pedal Blackout Edition
    Speed Cobra Hi Hat
    Hardware- TAMA Roadpro
    Snare Drums- various TAMA, Gretsch, Ludwig, Leedy
    Mic's- Sennheiser, Shure, AKG

User Info Menu

Nice drumming man! I still enjoy your work with Matisyahu. How is the book going?

User Info Menu

Nice playing! I love high ringy snares like that. Pity the engineer couldn't record that sound though, but I suppose you have to work with what would sound right for the recording.
    "...it's the Paradigm Of The Cosmos!" Stewart Copeland on Youtube

668: The Number Of The Guy Next Door To The Beast.

"A random act of kindness; it keeps my heart in shape!" - Late8

User Info Menu

if anything was "too much" I would have thought it would have been the kick...so boomy~! To me the snare sounded "Perfect"~! Very tasteful playing there...you have skillz~and you got "groove"~!
    Yamaha Oak Custom 22x17 with Brass Kick Port, Brass Hoop Claws,10-12-14 racks, 16 Floor and all toms have Brass Hoops and a Tama Starclassic Bubinga Elite 14x6.5 snare in Quilted Mocha Burst and Black Nickel hardware. All hi-end Zildjian Cymbals - K Dark Thin crashes & splashes, a Zildjian A crash & a Meinl 16" crash, Avedis Zildjian 1964 ride, K Custom hats plus New Beat hats on Closed X-Hat.

If a Man offends thee - - give each of his children a Drum~~~!!!

User Info Menu

I agree with Warren.

Larrysperf Guest

Mad skills and was going to say snare is like that because you sit higher. \Vanhalen also does that now also because of his back. But think you have him beat on skills
    Thanks for sharing