Thread: Video: 9 snares. DW, Black Panther, Ludwig, Pork Pie, Tama, Pearl, Gretsch...

User Info Menu

Default Video: 9 snares. DW, Black Panther, Ludwig, Pork Pie, Tama, Pearl, Gretsch...

E kit: TD-9KX with VH-11 and v-cowbell and Diamond Drums custom snare
    A kit: Gretsch Renown and Masterwork cymbals

User Info Menu

Default Re: Video: 9 snares. DW, Black Panther, Ludwig, Pork Pie, Tama, Pearl, Gretsch...

Well they all sounded great but some seamed to choke with their snares turned on. Just loosen the strainer a bit to address that. The surprise drum to me was Catalina Ash drum, full tone and just a nice sound.

Thanks for the demo.
    Now playing Gretsch and Slingerland Drums

User Info Menu

Default Re: Video: 9 snares. DW, Black Panther, Ludwig, Pork Pie, Tama, Pearl, Gretsch...

Quote Originally Posted by rritter View Post
    Well they all sounded great but some seamed to choke with their snares turned on. Just loosen the strainer a bit to address that. The surprise drum to me was Catalina Ash drum, full tone and just a nice sound.

Thanks for the demo.
    Hey, thanks for your feedback. But I felt instead of loosening the strainer, I should have tightened it up more for some snares, I heard more snare buzz on the recordings than I heard myself.

I dig it you like the cheapest (as in: included with the kit) snare best, could be the tuning, though...

User Info Menu

Cool vid man, my favorites were the DW and the Tama's. Also the black panther at the end. Where did you get those hoops? Also isn't the Mark Schulman snare a 13x6?

EDIT: I see.. theres a 6x12 model also.. interesting.
    Too Much Stuff.

User Info Menu

Im loving the Catalina Ash Snare, great sound. I actually liked it better than the DW and the Tama. The Chad Smith was amazing too, great chili pepper sound. The Little Squealer steals the show for me though.
    6 Piece Pearl Masters Custom Extra Maple
    14x5.5 Snare
    10x8 Tom
    12x9 Tom
    14x12 Floor Tom
    15x13 Floor Tom
    22x16 Bass Drum

Miscellaneous Hardware
    14 inch Zildjian Quick Beats
    16 inch Istanbul Xist Crash
    20 inch Meinl HCS ride.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by imnotverygood9 View Post
    Im loving the Catalina Ash Snare, great sound. I actually liked it better than the DW and the Tama. The Chad Smith was amazing too, great chili pepper sound. The Little Squealer steals the show for me though.
    its crazy how our tastes are so different. lol

I just wish I liked cheap things. That would solve a lot of problems!
    Too Much Stuff.

User Info Menu

Great vid..........crazy, but I think the Catalina you played first sounds better than all the rest..............

User Info Menu

It's funny the cheap/drumkit-included Catalina Ash snare seems a favorite.
    Maybe it's the batter head choice?

I got those wooden hoops from stdrums.de, they order it from CVL Italy.