Thread: Please Support DrumChat

User Info Menu

Default Please Support DrumChat

Drum Chat is free but there are still expenses associated in running such a large forum. Drum Bum, Inc., the owners of this site, have 3 separate gift shops.
    Please consider shopping with us for Christmas and holiday gift ideas.

Gifts for Drummers

Gifts for All Musicians

Occupation Gifts

Funny Gifts

Thank you!
    - Admin

We are proud to present one of the net's largest drum forums. Please click the following link if you need assistance with our Drum Chat forum. | Drum Chat is brought to you by Drum Bum, Inc. featuring Cool Gifts for Drummers & all Musicians & Custom Drumsticks

User Info Menu

Default Re: Please Support DrumChat

I would if I lived in the U.S.A but living in Canada it is too expensive to buy from Drum Bum.

User Info Menu

add a donate button and i will be happy to support drumchat

User Info Menu

I bought this cool tie and tie clip from DrumBum a while back....still wear it on special gigs.

User Info Menu

I'm trying to decide what to get for the other members on the band, and I'm going through Drum Bum to get what I want for each one. Just saying thank you for their support of this forum.
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

Maybe my math is a little off on this but isn't buying things not completely supporting drumchat? I mean there's the costs of getting the item, someone buys it and pays back that cost. I don't see the pure profit in that, the money seems tied up in commerce. More like a business deal than charity, no? Sort of like what itchie was saying, there should be a way to sort of send financial contributions to the site, as another way of supporting it seperate from shopping. I've bought something here before, but i've never sent money donations. If i'm ever given the oppurtunity again, i'd like to do just that.
    Last edited by Russ; 12-05-2012 at 03:47 PM.
    ZildjianLeague/LP/Aquarian/Mapex/Pearl
    Snares: 4
    RIP- Frank, Wolvie, Les Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Pearl MCX Man View Post
    I wish I was your wife
    Quote Originally Posted by amdrummer View Post
    if double bass is cheating then so is using two sticks

Forum Rules
    DrumBum
    No metronome?
    The Rudiments

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by itchie View Post
    add a donate button and i will be happy to support drumchat
    agreed+1 also maybe make a contributor's name a different color than the rest, so people know they are a DC contributor? just a thought.

Quote Originally Posted by late8 View Post
    I bought this cool tie and tie clip from DrumBum a while back....still wear it on special gigs.
    yall will be the best lookin dude in the club with that tie!

Quote Originally Posted by Russ View Post
    Maybe my math is a little off on this but isn't buying things not completely supporting drumchat? I mean there's the costs of getting the item, someone buys it and pays back that cost. I don't see the pure profit in that,
    that's only in a non-profit business, all the rest of us that need to make a living have something called *retail markup* after buying from a wholesale company that usually only sells to those with a business license. some HVAC and plumbing companies out there have a 200% markup. they buy the part from wholesale for $20. and sell it to you for $40. that's business! and thats how profits are made, perfectly legal.

i would encourage anyone to buy from drumbum, it helps keep this site alive.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DamageDrummer View Post
    agreed+1 also maybe make a contributor's name a different color than the rest, so people know they are a DC contributor? just a thought.
    That's a good idea.

User Info Menu

good prices, too. Be sure to check the clearance section and get some of that duct tape for a buck a roll !!
    Most definitely. As a matter of fact, there will be "NO LIMIT"... just an unending quagmire of musical genius.

User Info Menu

I can tell you I saw a sale on their Facebook page today: http://store.drumbum.com/holidaysale12.html

Here's their clearance stuff: http://store.drumbum.com/clearance-s...usic-gifts.htm

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by drummer View Post
    I can tell you I saw a sale on their Facebook page today: http://store.drumbum.com/holidaysale12.html

Here's their clearance stuff: http://store.drumbum.com/clearance-s...usic-gifts.htm
    Thanks!! I'm going to order this through DrumBum. Not that I want to start twirling sticks but my 52 year old hands are showing signs of age and I'm finding it harder to keep the sticks in my hands. Maybe with less pressure I have to put on my finger and palms to grip the sticks may save me in the longrun??

User Info Menu

I like the idea to have contributor status and an option somewhere to donate if you want to. I'd be happy to give what I could if it gets set up.
    ZildjianLeague/LP/Aquarian/Mapex/Pearl
    Snares: 4
    RIP- Frank, Wolvie, Les Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Pearl MCX Man View Post
    I wish I was your wife
    Quote Originally Posted by amdrummer View Post
    if double bass is cheating then so is using two sticks

Forum Rules
    DrumBum
    No metronome?
    The Rudiments

User Info Menu

I'm talking to admin about setting up some other options. Thanks for your input guys!