Thread: Kudos to Russ!

User Info Menu

Default Kudos to Russ!

Just want to state publicly how much Russ does to help out. He never asks for anything in return but he'll kindly let us know if something is suspicious or needs moderation. Even though he's not a mod anymore, he still doesn't mind helping from time to time. This says a lot about his character and I just wanted to thank him here in front of everybody.

User Info Menu

Default Re: Kudos to Russ!

Maybe a little gift from DrumBum woud be appopriate for Russ's devotion to this forum. Just a thought

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Pearl MCX Man View Post
    Maybe a little gift from DrumBum woud be appopriate for Russ's devotion to this forum. Just a thought
    Was already working on it. Thanks for the suggestion regardless.

User Info Menu

Woohoo Russ!

- Zack

User Info Menu

The help is certainly appreciated. Thank you Russ!
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

Russ who?

User Info Menu

Yeah Russ!
    Matt

User Info Menu

Yeah. Russ is a great guy. We have talked quite a bit.
    Custom Classic Pro Maple 6
    8",10",12",13" Mounted Toms
    (2)14",16" Floor Toms
    22" x 18" Kick
    6",8",10" Roto Toms
    14" x 6.5" Mapex Black Panther Snare
    13" x 3" Pearl Piccolo Snare
    Sabian: 13" Paragon Hats
    14" HH X Hats
    22" Paragon Ride
    (2) 16" Paragon Crashes
    20" Paragon Crash
    18" Paragon Crash
    20" Paragon Small Flange China
    19" Paragon China
    Wuhan:20"with gingles
    8",10" Splash
    Roc N Soc Lunar
    DW 8002B Pedals
    Tambourine
    Cowbell
    Sabian Squad

C C Militia

User Info Menu

As we say in our lil' corner of the Earth over here......"ONYA RUSSCO!"
    "...it's the Paradigm Of The Cosmos!" Stewart Copeland on Youtube

668: The Number Of The Guy Next Door To The Beast.

"A random act of kindness; it keeps my heart in shape!" - Late8

User Info Menu

I concur. Russ has had some rather insightful discussions. Very entertaining, too ! Not likely he will get the boot any time soon due to lawlessness. What a guy !
    Most definitely. As a matter of fact, there will be "NO LIMIT"... just an unending quagmire of musical genius.

User Info Menu

Yay Russ!

all the best...

User Info Menu

Couldn't agree more. He always handles himself with such class and when he shares you listen.
    Thanks Russ!
    Joe

User Info Menu

Wow thanks everyone! I had no idea you guys felt this way, I figured it was leaning more towards an opposite direction if anything. I try to help where I can, if it's seen that way. I really can't take all the credit because there's a lot of other really truly helpful guys and girls running around here, I think it's a collective effort that keeps the machine running smoothly. It is a tremendous honor to hear something like that though by drummer(as well as the other people here), he knows people well and doesn't just hand compliments easily - not easy to win over, really means something when he says it(I had a friend like this, took years to get his respect and friendship). Really, I am honored to hear that, it warms the soul like chicken soup after a snowball fight that I didn't win.

The mod job was a fun one, but demanding. You really have to stay on top of things, and I got a small taste of what the long term vets went through putting in their time. I can't even imagine the toll it must have on them being at it for this long. I'm not complaining of course, it was an awesome oppurtunity to help out real drummers with real issues to discuss. I felt really bad about the people it angered though, but I figured it was also a good oppurtunity to prove myself to them in some way. I have no hard feelings about it ending, I didn't expect to be permanent, and was just lucky to get offered at all. Thanks to staff again for the chance!

Helping is kind of a funny thing when you think about it. In the beginning you don't question anything, you just go into it just to do something for something else. But then all these other factors come into play, like what's your reason for doing it, the effect of doing it. Sometimes you help others to make yourself feel better, or to have some kind of purpose in a purposeless existence, and sometimes you just do it because someone has to or else a task or job simply won't get done. I suppose my reason would be the second, but the crazy thing is - I never thought about what doing something for someone else does to me.

Karma has a sense of humor. Little bit of everything I guess, like a tasty stew.
    Last edited by Russ; 12-16-2012 at 01:46 AM.
    ZildjianLeague/LP/Aquarian/Mapex/Pearl
    Snares: 4
    RIP- Frank, Wolvie, Les Paul
    I wish I was your wife
    Quote Originally Posted by amdrummer View Post
    if double bass is cheating then so is using two sticks

Forum Rules
    DrumBum
    No metronome?
    The Rudiments

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Russ View Post

Helping is kind of a funny thing when you think about it. In the beginning you don't question anything, you just go into it just to do something for something else. But then all these other factors come into play, like what's your reason for doing it, the effect of doing it. Sometimes you help others to make yourself feel better, or to have some kind of purpose in a purposeless existence, and sometimes you just do it because someone has to or else a task or job simply won't get done. I suppose my reason would be the second, but the crazy thing is - I never thought about what doing something for someone else does to me.
    I once struggled with it too. It bothered me, not that I always wanted to help people, but why? After talking to various people through the years that were wiser than me, they assured me that it didn't matter the reasons why. There are a lot of things in life that we can't find the answers to. What really matters is that people need help and when we help them, we help ourselves. It's always hard to explain that one but it heals the soul in some way. You would think only the person/people you're helping are affected positively but you gain just as much. It does something to you. It changes you. And upon realizing it, you help more... and more people benefit... and you yourself continue to flourish from your helping others.

User Info Menu

Word! Broken down a lot better than I could explain it(dang I spent like a half hour on that post). Yeah though, you think it's just something you're doing for something or someone else but there's no escaping the reaction of the action. It always catches up with ya.
    I wish I was your wife

Forum Rules
    DrumBum
    No metronome?
    The Rudiments

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Russ View Post
    I felt really bad about the people it angered though
    At the risk of bringing up a sore spot... Russ, I'll frankly never understand how people felt that way. To me and everyone else on this thread so far, you've been an outstanding positive member of this forum. Keep up the good work!

User Info Menu

This thread was a pleasure to read. Thank you, Russ, for your contributions to this forum.
    TAMA- '2018 Star Walnut, ‘99 Starclassic Performer, '89 Granstar, ‘93 Rockstar
    Gretsch- 1963 Round Badge
    Zildjian
    Remo
    Vic Firth
    Speed Cobra Double Pedal Blackout Edition
    Speed Cobra Hi Hat
    Hardware- TAMA Roadpro
    Snare Drums- various TAMA, Gretsch, Ludwig, Leedy
    Mic's- Sennheiser, Shure, AKG

User Info Menu

Your good people Russ! Well deserved.

User Info Menu

Russ, I have no idea what the anger was about?............doesn't matter..............I don't think I've ever read a bad word from you (that's a lot in this internet age) about anyone.

Glad you are here, and hopefully for a long time to come...........unless of course, the world ends on the 21st......................damn calendars

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by longgun View Post
    Russ, I have no idea what the anger was about?............doesn't matter..............I don't think I've ever read a bad word from you (that's a lot in this internet age) about anyone.

Glad you are here, and hopefully for a long time to come...........unless of course, the world ends on the 21st......................damn calendars
    Hahaha thank you thank you. I doubt the world will end, it has a habit of spinning round and round every 24 hours. I don't see anything stopping that cycle anytime soon.
    I wish I was your wife

Forum Rules
    DrumBum
    No metronome?
    The Rudiments

User Info Menu